IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Is this the version?

I can't believe I had never heard this before, especially since I'm a big December Flower solo fan. The extended soloing is awesome.

Yeah that's the one. SNF version has better production but I think I prefer the rawness of the PFTLW version more, even without the solo.

Very good solo indeed. Not Jesper's though, it's Fredrik Johansson, same guy who did leads and solo's on December Flower. You can hear some similarities in the two solo's as well, imo.

Hence why they did some weird ass interlude on the Silent Night Fever album version. Just like they did when they performed December Flower live.

As above, SNF version isn't as good for me. Overall album is killer though, just a shame they fucked up Through the Virgin Sky and kinda butchered a massive part of it.

This is another one of my favourites from a pure melodeath project band. Vocals are ATG's Tomas Lindberg.

Reactions: galvanized
Ahhh, DE4, making me happy by mentioning Transparent. Song's pretty massive. Severely underrated.

Not to mention that the production butchers the guitar tone, with the even lower tuning of that song (drop G!) and all that. awesome song.

Not to mention that the production butchers the guitar tone, with the even lower tuning of that song (drop G!) and all that. awesome song.

You're not wrong. I have really hated the production on a lot of IF albums, luckily, I can do something about it on my own... but I shouldn't have to.

Yeah, "Transparent" is so great. I've always liked the lyrics on it. "Freedom is to be able to go in any direction / so take the uncertain path" "Spend more time with the broken / see what became of their mistake" "Be at one with the wind / even if it is a struggle / make this your priority"

Reroute was my first-ever IF album, so it's pretty much always guaranteed to be a top-ranked record for me. It singlehandedly obsoleted more than half my music collection at the time.

And yeah, Yagami, I didn't mean to sound like I was asking for a leak when I last posted! Sorry about that.

Ahhh, DE4, making me happy by mentioning Transparent. Song's pretty massive. Severely underrated.

It's the production and guitar-tuning that turns a lot of people off. I can understand that, but it never really bothered me. It's a song that gets a lot of hate, but I've always enjoyed it. As @ThePhobiac says above, the lyrics are pretty good as well. A cut above most of the R2R lyrics.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Comdemned is theirs or is a cover? I searched the net but couldn't find an answer.

Condemned is an original DZ song, as far as I'm aware. They did do a Helter Skelter cover, and also covered My Demon by Mercyful Fate.

Reactions: eochaid
I haven't heard their album from 2007, but the others all have good songs.

Interestingly Anders (along with the DZ guys) was producer on SNF and This is Hell. Nordstrom produced Penetrations From the Lost World.