IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

For seriously-real this time, every trolling aside: why are you picking on that song? Let's say all of us agreed that it is the worst song in the history of mankind for the sake of argument, okay? So what? Doesn't anyone who is making music for ~25 years now deserves to make TWO fucking songs to his or her son and daughter each without getting shit on?

There are 11 other songs on Battles, 13 if you count the bonus tracks. How hard is it to give that song (and CC, but it doesn't really get shit on, but it's true for that one as well) a pass and just ignore it? I mean, sure, when you review the record don't skip it, say if you think it's terrible, but why would you keep kicking Anders over that again and again?

Especially strange from you, since you are actually a dad, so out of all people, you should be the wisest in this regard. How many times have people rang on your doorbell whenever you read some child's tale to your child just to call you a cheesy fag or something? That's crazy how rude this is, and you guys are wondering why we defend Anders. It's partially because sometimes you sound like obnoxious cocks.

There is a Black Mirror episode about this, actually, so if you don't want to spoil it, don't read further. I try to be quick, I babbled long enough. S P O I L E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: woman wakes up, pills on the floor, can't remember shit, goes outside, people are making videos with their phones on the distance about her. She keeps yelling at them for guidance but no one speaks. Guy with shotgun appears, starts chasing her. Only her. Other people are following them with their phones. Still, no one talks to her. She is being chased for a long ass time by a few people called Hunters (shotgun, saw, baseball bat) while civilians are laughing at it and still making a video about all of this. All this woman remembers is that she used to be with a guy and a little girl. She assumes she is her daughter, maybe she should find it? Who knows. She teams up with another woman who says she knows how to stop the hunters. Bamm, she deceived her, so she grabs a shotgun, points at her and pulls the trigger. Confetti. Stage unfolds, it's like they are in at heater. Spotlight on. Everyone is clapping. People who we thought are dead are back on the stage bowing to the crowd. They chain the woman to the chair. Turns out, she and her boyfriend abducted that little girl whom she thought was her daughter, and she made a video about how her boyfriend tortured her to death. The boyfriend hang himself in prison. Her punishment was that they erase her memory every single night and they make her go through the same exact scenario I described starting from her waking up. After the reveal people call her all kinds of humiliating stuff, they can throw garbage at her, and she is told about the details of her fate. She asks for death every single time but they never grant her that. And the people with the phones out? They are customers who are encouraged to do that for their own amusement.
SPOILER END

The point is, just because you are an asshole with another asshole, it doesn't make you any less of an asshole. In top of it all, mocking him over that song is uncalled for to begin with. The direction IF went, his voice, his attitude, his clothes, whatever, it is on partially or mainly Anders. You don't have to be a faggot about it, but it's wide open for criticism. But he did not do anything wrong with those two songs out of the... what, how many In Flames songs there are with him on vocals? I say plenty enough that if you want to give shit for him you can choose from. So, yes, out of every lyric he wrote, I think it's more than reasonable to give him a pass on CC and HUF.

For seriously-real this time, every trolling aside: why are you picking on that song? Let's say all of us agreed that it is the worst song in the history of mankind for the sake of argument, okay? So what? Doesn't anyone who is making music for ~25 years now deserves to make TWO fucking songs to his or her son and daughter each without getting shit on?
Because I know this makes krofius upset:D

He made two songs for his sons. One is good and has a decent work of words. This just sucks, no matter if he made it for his son or for his dead dog.

I choose it because the lyrics on this song are specially bad. Period. And because that makes krofius upset. And now i know that it also makes you.and clay-whatever upset and that makes it even funnier.
Especially strange from you, since you are actually a dad, so out of all people, you should be the wisest in this regard.
Feelings doesn't matter. Being a father doesn't matter when judging songs, even if they're songs dedicated to sons. That song is pure crap. No wonder that the child cried when he listened to it for the first time.

Last edited:
The point is, just because you are an asshole with another asshole, it doesn't make you any less of an asshole. In top of it all, mocking him over that
Even if I'm an asshole, this doesn't make the song better, or good, in any way. The fact that I'm an asshole doesn't make my words valid or invalid, less Anders work. The fact that I'm an asshole doesn't instantly make me right or wrong about anything. This is something that you must understand.

How many times have people rang on your doorbell whenever you read some child's tale to your child just to call you a cheesy fag or something? That's crazy how rude this is, and you guys are wondering why we defend Anders. It's partially because sometimes you sound like obnoxious cocks.
Well, if you're defending Anders just because I'm an asshole, don't you think that this is wrong?

Lets imagine that Anders goes mad and says that the earth is flat. So I laugh at him. Would you defend him just because I'm an asshole? That's quite stupid, excuse me for this word. But that's what it is. You're not judging his work, you're just going against us and judging him for what he is, a parent, a husband or whatever, instead of judging him for his job. That's unfair for him, for you and for us.

Now tell.me, why are you offended about something that has nothing to with you?

I would understand Anders being offended, but you? Come on! You people are taking things too far.

That song is pure crap. No wonder that the child cried when he listened to it for the first time.

Holy shit :D brutal.

Ps Slave using the word "faggot" pretty much ruins any moral supremacy he was trying to impose. Seriously bad form.

Reactions: eochaid
It is so much fun how we also talk shit about Björn but nobody jumps to defend him. It must be love.

Christian Joe, Bryce Paul (most American name ever) and Niklas have taken some shots too. Gets totally ignored.

As soon as Anders gets any shit though, watch out. It's like the bat signal going up. Krofius, Ciko and Slave will emerge from the shadows to defend their man.

That's the point. Isn't it? It's not about in flames anymore. It's about Anders. I even said that with good music I wouldn't care about Anders lame lines, which means that I'm putting almost all the blame into Björn. But it's funny to bash Anders because that makes them upset.

Because I know this makes krofius upset:D

He made two songs for his sons. One is good and has a decent work of words. This just sucks, no matter if he made it for his son or for his dead dog.

I choose it because the lyrics on this song are specially bad. Period. And because that makes krofius upset. And now i know that it also makes you.and clay-whatever upset and that makes it even funnier.

Feelings doesn't matter. Being a father doesn't matter when judging songs, even if they're songs dedicated to sons. That song is pure crap. No wonder that the child cried when he listened to it for the first time.
Okay, first of all, Come Clarity was for her daughter.

To continue, why do you care about what he writes to his son? This is so annoying. Who are you or anyone to tell Anders or any parent what words to treat their children with? This song is for HIM, why do you have to analyze it?

Yes, a quasi love song from parent to child is going to be cheesy. Life is cheesy sometimes, you know?

What do you say to your daughter? "I love you honey!" or "Your presence in my close proximity stimulates my brain in a good way, and I owe you my deepest gratitudes for filling up my body with these more than welcome hormones, my short-sized offspring!"?

Jesus, can't believe this needs to be argued.
Even if I'm an asshole, this doesn't make the song better, or good, in any way. The fact that I'm an asshole doesn't make my words valid or invalid, less Anders work. The fact that I'm an asshole doesn't instantly make me right or wrong about anything. This is something that you must understand.
You believe if Anders does something shitty in your book, you have the right to be a shitty person with him too. This is questionable in itself, but right now, the "shitty" thing he did is making TWO songs about his cildren in more than TWO decades. How hard to understand that this is a present for them?
Well, if you're defending Anders just because I'm an asshole, don't you think that this is wrong?

Lets imagine that Anders goes mad and says that the earth is flat. So I laugh at him. Would you defend him just because I'm an asshole? That's quite stupid, excuse me for this word. But that's what it is. You're not judging his work, you're just going against us and judging him for what he is, a parent, a husband or whatever, instead of judging him for his job. That's unfair for him, for you and for us.
Well, the Earth IS flat.

All right, not, but such a statement would be open to criticism. The same way his entire discography is. Yes, even CC and HUF. But you are clinging on the lyrics of a song that is a father-son thing. Like what the fuck lyrics have you expected precisely?

[Anders]
Boy when you grow up
We go for that pussy
That sweet, sweet ussy (Yeah-Yeah)

We smash them bitches (them bitches)
Fuck up the town
My 10 inch cock itches
Ready for the showdown (down-down)

[Björn] Hit them real good my man!

[Anders]
My daughter got clarity
But boy, you getting pussy
You know I got the money (that dirty money)
And I ain't afraid to use it
Raybahn, Puma, Vans, son you name it
Your wardrobe's fillin'

You might think daddy's blind
But I see your history online
No need to be ashamed
I won't bring the pain (the pain)

[Björn's wah-wah solo]

Now give me a hug you little sucker
That's right
This goes out to the family
Anders to the Fridén
It's me baby
For you baby

[written in the lyrics sheet but not sang]
You alcoholic fuck
You think I like that you came up?
Me and my son
Gonna destroy you like the sun

Come near me and you're finished
In Flames is mine, I can't find a rhyme
Fight me you pussy
And I put you down like a husky

Yeah
In Flames
Two, oh, one, seven
You're dead, Jesper
You're dead
Now tell.me, why are you offended about something that has nothing to with you?

I would understand Anders being offended, but you? Come on! You people are taking things too far.
I am offended by watching random people beating up another guy on the street. I think we call it empathy.
Holy shit :D brutal.

Ps Slave using the word "faggot" pretty much ruins any moral supremacy he was trying to impose. Seriously bad form.
It wasn't literal.
That's the point. Isn't it? It's not about in flames anymore. It's about Anders. I even said that with good music I wouldn't care about Anders lame lines, which means that I'm putting almost all the blame into Björn. But it's funny to bash Anders because that makes them upset.
Jesus, this moral high ground about the lyrics. Tell me how the reason you liked TJR or Colony was because the lyrics blow your mind so hard you literally headbutted the wall 10 times in a row. The riffs, solos, the melodies, they were okay. But man, those fucking lyrics hit right you in the feels.

What a complete joke, really.

Also, not sure why you want to lash out jabs with your new signature, but all it says is "I'M A DOUCHE". Don't be like those guys on Facebook who keep posting offending stuff while playing the martyr. "OH, WELL IF YOU DON'T THINK THAT EVERY BLACK PERSON SHOULD DIE, THEN SORRY, NOT SORRY. IT'S MAH OPINION, BUT I GUESS IT'S JUST TOO MUCH TO HANDLE, YEAH? WELL THAT'S ME, A STRAIGH-TO-THE-CORE BAD BOY. AIN'T NO FILTER, I'M NOT SOME PHONEY. YOU DON'T LIKE ME? TOO BAD. TRUTH HURTS, AM I RIGHT?"

sigh...

Literal or not is irrelevant. Using it makes you sound like an uneducated, homophobic prick. If that's the vibe you're going for then by all means.

Literal or not is irrelevant. Using it makes you sound like an uneducated, homophobic prick. If that's the vibe you're going for then by all means.
tenor.gif

Okay, first of all, Come Clarity was for her daughter.
I think that I never mentioned CC, but thank you.

To continue, why do you care about what he writes to his son? This is so annoying. Who are you or anyone to tell Anders or any parent what words to treat their children with? This song is for HIM, why do you have to analyze it?
I do not care. But it's fun how I cannot critizice a song just because it was dedicated to his son. That's stupid (excuse me for my words).

What do you say to your daughter? "I love you honey!" or "Your presence in my close proximity stimulates my brain in a good way, and I owe you my deepest gratitudes for filling up my body with these more than welcome hormones, my short-sized offspring!"?
Uhmmm. Are you suggesting that I should talk to her like that? I will try but, if something goes wrong you'll be the one to be blamed for.
You believe if Anders does something shitty in your book, you have the right to be a shitty person with him too.
I'm not being shitty with Anders, unless Anders is here and I'm directly talking to him. Is there something that you want to confess?
All right, not, but such a statement would be open to criticism. The same way his entire discography is. Yes, even CC and HUF. But you are clinging on the lyrics of a song that is a father-son thing. Like what the fuck lyrics have you expected precisely?
Not shitty lyrics? Like, why should I like those lyrics just because they're for his son? Fuck. If they're bad then they're bad.
I am offended by watching random people beating up another guy on the street. I think we call it empathy.
I'm not beating anyone.
Jesus, this moral high ground about the lyrics. Tell me how the reason you liked TJR or Colony was because the lyrics blow your mind so hard you literally headbutted the wall 10 times in a row. The riffs, solos, the melodies, they were okay. But man, those fucking lyrics hit right you in the feels.
I think that you're going away from the point.
Also, not sure why you want to lash out jabs with your new signature, but all it says is "I'M A DOUCHE". Don't be like those guys on Facebook who keep posting offending stuff while playing the martyr.
No, I don't think that's about you. At least not only about you. And I don't think that I'm offending you. You're the one taking it personally when I talk about Anders. That's the meaning. I'm not playing the martyr. I don't give a shit about people being offended by things that do not concern them. If you're offended about me talking shit about Anders, then you should reconsider your priorities.

Erm, you can criticize everything. But you also have to use context. He. Made. One. Song. For. His. Son. Do you understand it? Do you?

It is nothing more but a selfish abuse of power to give a gift to him. You are essentially bashing him over a birthday card. But do you know what? Do it. Whatever floats your boat.
No, I don't think that's about you. At least not only about you. And I don't think that I'm offending you. You're the one taking it personally when I talk about Anders. That's the meaning. I'm not playing the martyr. I don't give a shit about people being offended by things that do not concern them. If you're offended about me talking shit about Anders, then you should reconsider your priorities.
This is a discussion board. You discussed Anders. I chimed in.

What kind of an ABSOLUTELY HETEROSEXUAL (BUT IF HOMOSEXUAL, I DON'T MIND IT EITHER, NO HATE IN MY HEART TOWARDS ANY SEXUALITY) defense is this? You fling shit at him, and you just shrug it off as "wow, didn't know you were Anders:) :) :) :) :)". I mean, really...

He made two songs for his sons. One is good and has a decent work of words.
I think that I never mentioned CC, but thank you.
Just end my life.

"OH, WELL IF YOU DON'T THINK THAT EVERY BLACK PERSON SHOULD DIE, THEN SORRY, NOT SORRY. IT'S MAH OPINION, BUT I GUESS IT'S JUST TOO MUCH TO HANDLE, YEAH? WELL THAT'S ME, A STRAIGH-TO-THE-CORE BAD BOY. AIN'T NO FILTER, I'M NOT SOME PHONEY. YOU DON'T LIKE ME? TOO BAD. TRUTH HURTS, AM I RIGHT?"

This is not even offensive. It can be a crime, in some countries, the one saying something like this is a stupid racist. But, offensive? Offense is taken, not given (as some wise man once said).

This is not even offensive. It can be a crime, in some countries, the one saying something like this is a stupid racist. But, offensive? Offense is taken, not given (as some wise man once said).
Why do you have to play the smartass? It was an exaggerated example. Bunch of guys are keeping an act of "bad boy" on facebook and real life where they are thoroughly proud of being a jackass, and thinks if you disagree or argue with them, it's because you can't handle how real they are.

Go ahead, twist this somehow. I'm here working for another ~9 hours or so, and with each passing minute, with each passing deliberately troll post of yours I'm starting to see more and more fabrics which could be turned into a rope.

Erm, you can criticize everything. But you also have to use context. He. Made. One. Song. For. His. Son. Do you understand it? Do you?
YOu sound like a religious apologist. He made a song for his son. So what? Does it make the son better? I don't think so. Does it leave the song out of criticism or even mockery? Why? Because he made it for his son? Think about that.

It is nothing more but a selfish abuse of power to give a gift to him. You are essentially bashing him over a birthday card. But do you know what? Do it. Whatever floats your boat.
No, I'm not. I'm laughing about some stupid lyrics. not the content or the meaning. The lyrics.
This is a discussion board. You discussed Anders. I chimed in.
You were upset about it. Why? I don't get it.
What kind of an ABSOLUTELY HETEROSEXUAL (BUT IF HOMOSEXUAL, I DON'T MIND IT EITHER, NO HATE IN MY HEART TOWARDS ANY SEXUALITY) defense is this? You fling shit at him, and you just shrug it off as "wow, didn't know you were Anders:) :) :) :) :)". I mean, really...
It was supposed to be a joke.
Just end my life.
You're right. My mistake. Can you tell me then... what were you trying to tell me when you mentioned CC? I don't get it, sorry.

Why do you have to play the smartass? It was an exaggerated example. Bunch of guys are keeping an act of "bad boy" on facebook and real life where they are thoroughly proud of being a jackass, and thinks if you disagree or argue with them, it's because you can't handle how real they are.
Uhmmm, no. I don't care about you disagreeing. In fact I think that's better to disagree than to agree. But... come on! You people are always so upset about this things. I don't get it.

YOu sound like a religious apologist. He made a song for his son. So what? Does it make the son better? I don't think so. Does it leave the song out of criticism or even mockery? Why? Because he made it for his son? Think about that.

No, I'm not. I'm laughing about some stupid lyrics. not the content or the meaning. The lyrics.

You were upset about it. Why? I don't get it.

It was supposed to be a joke.

You're right. My mistake. Can you tell me then... what were you trying to tell me when you mentioned CC? I don't get it, sorry.
I
Ú

WAS

SAYING

THAT THE

FIRST SONG

WAS

FOR HIS AUGHTER

NOT FOR HIS SON

NOT FOR HIS SON I DONT EVEN KNOW IF HE WAS BORN THEN

YOU SAID HE WROTE TWO SONGS FOR HIS SONS

BUT ITS NOT TRUE