IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

If your intention is to say that Anders lyrics can be stupid and embarrassing then you're right.

if you're trying to argue that his lyrics are bad because they aren't cryptic lyrics like from whoracle then you're wrong.

Could that song have been worded better for the lyrics? Sure, but it's like, what else is it? What do you do with that type of topic besides write emoteful lyrics?

"I hold you up son like (insert mythological god here) battles the giants in the beams of light as I link my fur to the gyroscope of time because I'm a furry"?

like if he wrote something extremely abstract, it would defeat the purpose of talking to his son. If he wrote something that wasn't emotional, it would defeat the purpose of talking to his son.

As far as the composition, I don't get how it's bad other than maybe needing some other stuff mixed in and a bit more variation in the notes, but the opening riff is alright, and the verse is a nice lullaby type riff which is the point.

if you're trying to argue that his lyrics are bad because they aren't cryptic lyrics like from whoracle then you're wrong.

No. You don't need to be cryptic to write good lyrics.

I cannot frame, that's why I lose control
I aim, I stumble and I fall
Our adaptation can't be faithful
Your world does not attract me
This is the end you see
There is no more truth in me
As if you would deserve it
You are my enemy

I can't tolerate your sadness
Cause it's me you're drowning
I won't allow any happiness
'Cause every time you laugh, I feel so guilty

I once read a poem, held my breath but that moment is gone.

Could that song have been worded better for the lyrics? Sure, but it's like, what else is it? What do you do with that type of topic besides write emoteful lyrics?

Because you think that they're emoteful. I think that they are generic and effortless.

like if he wrote something extremely abstract, it would defeat the purpose of talking to his son. If he wrote something that wasn't emotional, it would defeat the purpose of talking to his son.

Rushing through thirty
Getting older every day... by two
Drawing pictures of innocent times
Can you add color... inside these lines?

[Chorus x2:]
I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere
Don't want to live
In a dream... one more day

As far as the composition, I don't get how it's bad other than maybe needing some other stuff mixed in and a bit more variation in the notes, but the opening riff is alright, and the verse is a nice lullaby type riff which is the point.

If you don't know how generic irrelevant and boring composition, how joining random pieces of music is bad there's nothing that I can do.

Last edited:
Come Clarity is a massively superior song in almost every respect, although I'd actually say Anders' singing sounds better on HUF. That's mostly thanks to ProTools though so, meh.

Come Clarity is a massively superior song in almost every respect, although I'd actually say Anders' singing sounds better on HUF. That's mostly thanks to ProTools though so, meh.
The music, yes. The lyrics are only slightly better.

Rushing through thirties
Getting older everyday...

Those two verses are basically saying the same thing. For the next two verses I cannot find a meaning. What did he mean?

In cc you can hear how the music naturally flows from the intro to the chorus, then the guitar solo until the end. In huf is like having different songs joined in an unnatural way. Every part collides with the next one.

What I don't really understand is, I literally shit in the full album, specially the truth, I hate the truth :p but some people is like, oh no, not this one.

Why? This song has nothing special apart from "he made it for his son you heartless bastars". And this does not make it good or bad.

Oh, I like to shit on it because it makes people upset.

And fuck, the chorus is so clearly a copy of 30stm that is embarrassing.

And now that I think about it, the song would be better, structure wise, without the bridge.

Last edited:
I never said it was a great song, idiot. I said that it's not as bad as you claim it is.

"It iz nut gud sonk because it iz not cryptically poetic enough"

I also never said that the lyrics were 100% great either, I said they aren't dog shit. That's most of A Sense Of Purpose because it was both less artistically inclined in the lyrics and had juvenile undertones to the expressions in the song "I feel like shit but at least I feel something".

"he wrote it for his son you bastar". You're missing the point if you think that I'm saying that it makes the song good. I'm saying that it excuses him to not write completely abstract lyrics, because it would be fucking retarded to try to write something for your 10yo son and have it cryptic as shit.

It could have been worded better in some areas, but again, it's not dog shit.

"When I look at you, I see me. We will always be part of history" gets the point across just fine.

Almost time for a new thread? :D
From the looks of things on Anders and Bjorn’s instagram they are back in LA doing some recording with the tag #xiii

What’s to expect this time I wonder.. I’m sure it’ll be a long time before we hear anything but it’s good to see them back in the studio

Dat salute @ 4:29. :p

(Yeah, I know it's supposed to be done with the right arm.)

I've already posted that earlier. I still think it's the best Moonshield performance they've done. Everything is tight, the production value is great, Anders is doing a throwback to the old vocals, they actually play the intro. Just sounds really explosive and polished.

Also, I know the heil hitler thing was a joke, but it's more like he's reaching to the audience.

Isn't this piece a beautiful thing?

btw its time for a new thread boyz, make it happen!

It's a great song. It proves that Bjorn was a huge part of the In Flames sound even in the beginning.

Reactions: Pallbearer
I never said it was a great song, idiot. I said that it's not as bad as you claim it is.

Never said that.

I also never said that the lyrics were 100% great either, I said they aren't dog shit. T

They are.

"he wrote it for his son you bastar". You're missing the point if you think that I'm saying that it makes the song good. I'm saying that it excuses him to not write completely abstract lyrics, because it would be fucking retarded to try to write something for your 10yo son and have it cryptic as shit.

This is why I quoted cc

"When I look at you, I see me. We will always be part of history" gets the point across just

Stupid and narcissistic and poorly written.

In which world this is better than "I feel like shit..."?

Last edited:
Honestly I'm more interested in Cyhra's next album than In Flames'. I still listen to Letters to Myself semi-regularly, haven't spun Battles since the first few days it was released. With the current line up I don't see them producing another SOAPF, and that's the only direction they could go in that would really interest me. An In Flames with Bryce Paul, Christian Joe, Engelin, Bjorn and Hamster Anders wouldn't have appealed to me at any period in history, and it certainly doesn't now.

But of course I'll remain here to rip on their latest release anyway. Cuz that's how we roll.

Reactions: A88
Yeah, LtM still holds attention (btw, nice live videos online), Battles just do not. Sorry. I've stumbled upon IF live video for OFTW. My God, Anders butchered that one, guitars are plastic, keys cartoon-like. WTF happened?

Can't even call myself a fan anymore. Just can't see any real value in their music, and Bjorn aside, that whole group of people is just annoying.

Reactions: DE4life