IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Explains why Daniel quit, at least. If his parts could be done by a machine then what's the point?

Reactions: eochaid
I woulp put SOAPF after stye and ASOP before R2R as a first apporach to a lighter sound. But yours makes sense.

In theory you could have it the same up until Come Clarity, at which point SOAPF would come next, then ASOP, then SC.

It's really weird that a turd like ASOP is in between CC and SOAPF.

Reactions: eochaid
Sarcasm? Because... he is using voice enhancement tools.
It was. My opinion about the programmed drums is still "whatever", but I suppose it's better if for one last time (before the release of the album, ofc.) everyone who feels it's a needle in their eyes vomit it out here, so they can calm down.

Yes, this time the uninspired and badly mixed drums will not be Daniel's, but a machine's work! In other important news, Coca-Cola in McDOnald's are watered up.

The truth is, Daniel hasn't been utilised properly in years. The drums since ASOP could all have been programmed and it would have barely made a difference. I imagine that was part of the reason he quit.

Reactions: AtotheK and eochaid
Wow, even their producer is irritating alt-nu-pop-whatever guy.

Meanwhile, Insomnium is doing one song album, based on short story, with Dan Swano and a real drummer.

Now, that is "maturing, evolving, experimenting", not doing 3 minute pop songs with childish lyrics.

Also, later this year DTs Atoma awaits...

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
Now, that is "maturing, evolving, experimenting", not doing 3 minute pop songs with childish lyrics.

This is the thing that gets me when people say In Flames have "matured" or "evolved" - how does creating basic pop-metal songs with identical structures equate to evolving or maturing? If anything it's the opposite. Your quote in my sig pretty much sums it up. It's a really lazy way of brushing off legitimate criticism towards the band, generally by people who hadn't heard of the band until Come Clarity or ASOP hit the shelves.

Reactions: only4theweak187
This is the thing that gets me when people say In Flames have "matured" or "evolved" - how does creating basic pop-metal songs with identical structures equate to evolving or maturing?

As a person who has the same age as them I can answer this. This not maturing or evolving.

Evolution is a constant process. In Flames have changed. I think that the change is mainly due to the increasing influence of Anders in the band. He has always claimed to be a fan of pop music, and he is now making pop lyrics and melodies.

Maturity has nothing to do with what they're doing now. Just read the lyrics, they were more complex and profound ten years ago. Just look at Anders. No one starts tattoing his body at his forties and wearing that stupid haircut. That's something that teenagers do... teenagers and men in their midlife crisis.

Did anyone else noticed the song title thingy on the video? I'll write them down :

"Like Sand"
"The truth that hurts the most"
"Underneath my skin"
"Handsome"
"Link funk"
"Punk"
"Testament"
"Blood of a sinner"
"This is our house"
"Here until forever"

Well if they release a song titled "Handsome" I would expect a guest appearance from One Direction. That wouldn't surprise me after "The Truth".

Did anyone else noticed the song title thingy on the video? I'll write them down :

"Like Sand"
"Underneath my skin"
"Handsome"
"Link funk"
"Punk"
"Testament"
"Blood of a sinner"
"This is our house"
"Here until forever"

Well if they release a song titled "Handsome" I would expect a guest appearance from One Direction. That wouldn't surprise me after "The Truth".
You've become an excellent padawan.

Last edited:
Reactions: ciko_gfb
I am dissapointed that they used programmed drums. But what about Niclas' posts on instagram about the new drummer and Peter saying that there are 5 individuals in the band? Did they hired a new drummer but didn't let him record the drums?

"Like Sand"
"Underneath my skin"
"Handsome"
"Link funk"
"Punk"
"Testament"
"Blood of a sinner"
"This is our house"
"Here until forever"

Yeah rrmember they are working titles, like how Monsters in thr ballroom's working title was thrash. But some of them will be close to the proper names.

Also what people didn't pick up on was when Howard Benson was talking about Bjorn programming drums he was talking about when they were writing the material, so yes there is stil a chance they are programmed, but we still don't know. And the fact that Niclas shared that photo of a drum kit way back when they recording it leads me to believe it was real drums.

Also what people didn't pick up on was when Howard Benson was talking about Bjorn programming drums he was talking about when they were writing the material, so yes there is stil a chance they are programmed, but we still don't know. And the fact that Niclas shared that photo of a drum kit way back when they recording it leads me to believe it was real drums.

Here's my theory for the situation: Björn wrote all the guitars and drums, tried out drums for the songs; not played actual drums but programmed it. And at the actual recording, they used a real drummer. That makes sense for me anyway.

Those song titles look fucking awful. I hope that isn't a sign of things to come.

I listened to a few tracks from SOAPF on my way to work this morning. That album goes up in my estimation every time I listen to it. I can go from Episode 666 to The Puzzle without a problem. The same can't be said for pretty much anything off ASOP or SC.

Here's my theory for the situation: Björn wrote all the guitars and drums, tried out drums for the songs; not played actual drums but programmed it. And at the actual recording, they used a real drummer. That makes sense for me anyway.

Sounds like exactly what was thinking

Working titles from ASOP and SC looked pretty shitty from memory too, and so it turned out to be. The titles obviously have a meaning even if they won't be the final choice. I worry if there are songs with early descriptions like handsome, punk and link funk. The fuck.

Did we even know any working titles from those two albums, except Monsters in the ballroom being called thrash?

I certainly knew a few of the ASOP ones, not sure about SC. Could have been the actual titles, which certainly sucked.