IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Every time I try to assume the best, that you are just half-serious, but no, we are literally here, basing assumptions on working titles. Hell, even calling SC and ASOP titles shit. Seriously, this is just sad category.

Why?

First of all, working titles can be based on anything. Maybe the janitor came in while they were recording a song, called one of the members handsome, they laguhed about it and gave the work title Handsome to the song. SO FUCKING WHAT?! You act like 70 years old grannies, trying to talk shit about literally anything. "Oooh, Bob arrived home 10 minutes later, he is definitely cheating on his wife. 120%"

Second of all, how convenient of you to call the titles of SC and ASOP bad, the two records which you probably hate/dislike the most. The only bad titles from ASOP are I'm The Highway and Sleepless Again, they both sound way too hip and cheesy. The rest are ranged from "meh" to "good". From SC, Monsters In The Ballroom is definitely lame, while EG is a title you feel like you've heard a million times before, but the rest are fine. But I mean hey, because you like SOAPF you are kind enough to forget that is has songs named Darker Times or Enter Tragedy, though for some reason The Puzzle sounds the lamest. Also, Take This Life is one of the most successful songs of the band, yet I would argue it's an even lamer title than Monsters In The Ballroom. But to mention some other great titles: In Flames (how fucking original), Scream (3edgy5me), Like You Better Dead, Satellites And Astronauts (this could be argued, but feels out of place), Suburban Me (the fuck does it even mean...), Dial 595-Escape (though I personally like this one)... The pre-2000 titles are all interesting though, I would have to try really hard to single one out. Insipid 2000 does sound stupid though, as I'm not a fan of such big numbers in titles, even if it makes sense here.

That's just desperate when you have to criticize titles, yet alone working titles of which no one gives (nor should) give a shit about. You only say SC and ASOP titles are shit, because you are already associating them with songs you dislike. We all hoard plenty of shit here together, but we should still aim to a certain standard, shan't we? For starters, we could set the lower bar on one end to not bitch about titles, unless they are extremely shitty, like Monsters In The Ballroom, and on the other side, no one will seriously claim that Siren Charms is IF's finest work of art - not that it happened to my knowledge, but still.

Reactions: Seppo91
There's a saying that goes like "parrot something long enough and people will believe it", or something like that.

Mark my words, in due time, ciko will make judgements based on Anders' hairstyle, his unknown, but out of nowhere assumed shitty personality, working titles, booklet quality, etc.

Slave, learn to communicate your opinions clearly and concisely

No one wants to read all of that shit

Again, you're the only one here who makes everything argumentative and combative. The only one.

Talking shit to people on your high horse about every little thing and desperately thinking you're the only one here who makes sense and has to be the "hero" to what you believe is right is ridiculous

I feel like jester slave doesn't like people criticizing the band. No that can't be right...

See from my perspectivr they are my favorite band but Siren Charms was meh/10 for me because it was kinda lazy and uninspired. Anders's haircut is dumb and bjorns solo's all follow the same structure and ideas (I like them anyway).

Liking a band doesn't mean you get offended when people express opposing opinions, thats what SJW's do. Do you need a safe space to go to?

Last edited:
Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Let's differentiate expressing opinions:

- Bashing SC: I don't mind, but I do try to not make people lazy about it. I don't mind all the witty stuff though, justified or not. I do roll my eyes though on the fact that people act like SC is the reason all that's unholy. As all of their records since R2R, they are one offs. Turd or not, the most talked record here is most probably SC, for no good reason, really.

- Bashing IF: I guess that's the topic where you can always argue seriously. They have a bunch of records, a bunch of phases, opinions are bound to be different. You say X album is the best? Chances are, that mine is Y. And so on - it's a never ending argument, but the point of that is not to convince the other one of your "truth", so it's fine. But as I said, the topics spread out like this: 60% SC 30% Battles and 10% rest.

- Not liking personnel stuff: most of them are either assumptions pulled out of your asses (Anders is the Antichrist), completely meaningless (Anders' haircut getting more spotlight than one sentence altogether), Jesper was a God (a drunk and bipolar one, but sure), etc. Most of these are mean and/or ignorant, purely a result of your subjective views on these individuals. Gossip, if you will. It's all fun, until I realize some of you are serious with this stuff, and then I'm just baffled how low we've gone.

- Judging future material based on their working titles: I apologize, it was a huge blunder on my part. I thought it was the most autistic [Ginger proof-reader suggests artistic instead LMAO] thing I've read here ever since I joined, but the last couple hours made me think about this, and I think there's some merit to it. Now I'm 300% sure that the songs with shitty working titles will be shit, it's actually a very logical assumption. I shifted my anger towards people who ignore these seemingly little facts. You know, those people who are waiting for the final, released tracks to give their judgements about, and not spreading complete non-sense on the internet, just because they don't like the working titles. Those people are sheep.

You say I'm the SJW for IF, I say you are way over the line many times, but just because you are in a bigger flock, you give a pass to each other, and you don't care/dare/want to call each other out, because bros don't do that, and SC made this group pretty tight (or maybe it was tight even before that, idc). Sure, after I headbutt with some rather radical opinions, a few people might chip in that I maaay have some grounds to be right. But otherwise, you only see these people argue among themselves if it's the rare "I don't think Bottled is the worst track, actually."-time, or when discussing live shows. Only4theweak or krofius (who is the chillest dude btw, you don't see him blabber bullshit, unlike me or them) for example digs IF live a lot, even gives a pass for some of their "not so good on the record" songs, but eochaid would not waste his time for a live show, when at least 70% of the setlist consists of bullshit to him.

only4, I'm gonna assume here that you've been around the internet for a long time now, so I hope I don't have to remind you what (some) discussion boards used to be. You know, when people were not so lazy, and you could see, well, rather read some "epic battles" between some people, or even better, whole groups, and the average sentence to post ratio was not 2. I'm not suggesting that the more the better, trust me, I am perfectly aware how in my long ass posts I basically talk about one or two things, which I just extract and dissect them out. I like to be thorough. Yes, I could have just said for DE4life that it's very stuuuupid to talk seriously about working titles. But I wrote down why, I reflected on his completely ignorant opinion that ASOP and SC titles sucked, showed some shitty ass IF titles from the past to show how wrong he was exactly, etc. I'm not a fan of doing half work, like IF did with SC. Jk, it was for the memes, guys! But still, I'm an advocate of voicing opinions. Never have I thought to myself reading longer posts that "man, this fella brings up a lot of points, he must be a fucking retard!!"

Last edited:

I would be disappointed if this were to be the best song off the new record, but a good song nonetheless, growing me more and more! I always wondered though, that artists who are in pretty serious relationships how can make songs like this? I mean, I would feel pretty shitty being the husband of someone who wrote these lyrics. I just fucking married you, and you are writing a kind of closure for another guy with an obviously bleeding heart?

Good fucking luck I'm not dating any celebrities, phew!

edit: rofl, they actually broke up, now I understand. wow. color me surprised

Last edited:
For fuck's sake. Please stop writing essays about how right you are, nobody cares. Try not to take everything so seriously. It's just pixels on a screen, man.

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
There's a saying that goes like "parrot something long enough and people will believe it", or something like that.

Mark my words, in due time, ciko will make judgements based on Anders' hairstyle, his unknown, but out of nowhere assumed shitty personality, working titles, booklet quality, etc.
Judgements based on hairstyle are not assumptions, are facts.

To be fair i have bashed heads with a few of these lot, or at least disagree with them. (Mainly that I haven't listened to much pre Colony In Flames because the production sucks, the guitars are out of tune and its just meh, and the fact that I like The Ttruth)) but that doesn't mean I write essays about why i'm allowed to have my opinion and everyone else are just haters

To be fair i have bashed heads with a few of these lot, or at least disagree with them. (Mainly that I haven't listened to much pre Colony In Flames because the production sucks, the guitars are out of tune and its just meh, and the fact that I like The Ttruth)) but that doesn't mean I write essays about why i'm allowed to have my opinion and everyone else are just haters

Absolutely. I have no problem with contrasting opinions, I just don't want to read a fucking novella about them.

Yes, this is a discussion board, but 10,000 word posts which at their core boil down to "I'm right, you're all wrong, and you're stupid for being wrong" doesn't help create discussion, it just pisses people off.

Let's differentiate expressing opinions:

- Bashing SC: I don't mind, but I do try to not make people lazy about it. I don't mind all the witty stuff though, justified or not. I do roll my eyes though on the fact that people act like SC is the reason all that's unholy. As all of their records since R2R, they are one offs. Turd or not, the most talked record here is most probably SC, for no good reason, really.

- Bashing IF: I guess that's the topic where you can always argue seriously. They have a bunch of records, a bunch of phases, opinions are bound to be different. You say X album is the best? Chances are, that mine is Y. And so on - it's a never ending argument, but the point of that is not to convince the other one of your "truth", so it's fine. But as I said, the topics spread out like this: 60% SC 30% Battles and 10% rest.

- Not liking personnel stuff: most of them are either assumptions pulled out of your asses (Anders is the Antichrist), completely meaningless (Anders' haircut getting more spotlight than one sentence altogether), Jesper was a God (a drunk and bipolar one, but sure), etc. Most of these are mean and/or ignorant, purely a result of your subjective views on these individuals. Gossip, if you will. It's all fun, until I realize some of you are serious with this stuff, and then I'm just baffled how low we've gone.

- Judging future material based on their working titles: I apologize, it was a huge blunder on my part. I thought it was the most autistic [Ginger proof-reader suggests artistic instead LMAO] thing I've read here ever since I joined, but the last couple hours made me think about this, and I think there's some merit to it. Now I'm 300% sure that the songs with shitty working titles will be shit, it's actually a very logical assumption. I shifted my anger towards people who ignore these seemingly little facts. You know, those people who are waiting for the final, released tracks to give their judgements about, and not spreading complete non-sense on the internet, just because they don't like the working titles. Those people are sheep.

You say I'm the SJW for IF, I say you are way over the line many times, but just because you are in a bigger flock, you give a pass to each other, and you don't care/dare/want to call each other out, because bros don't do that, and SC made this group pretty tight (or maybe it was tight even before that, idc). Sure, after I headbutt with some rather radical opinions, a few people might chip in that I maaay have some grounds to be right. But otherwise, you only see these people argue among themselves if it's the rare "I don't think Bottled is the worst track, actually."-time, or when discussing live shows. Only4theweak or krofius (who is the chillest dude btw, you don't see him blabber bullshit, unlike me or them) for example digs IF live a lot, even gives a pass for some of their "not so good on the record" songs, but eochaid would not waste his time for a live show, when at least 70% of the setlist consists of bullshit to him.

only4, I'm gonna assume here that you've been around the internet for a long time now, so I hope I don't have to remind you what (some) discussion boards used to be. You know, when people were not so lazy, and you could see, well, rather read some "epic battles" between some people, or even better, whole groups, and the average sentence to post ratio was not 2. I'm not suggesting that the more the better, trust me, I am perfectly aware how in my long ass posts I basically talk about one or two things, which I just extract and dissect them out. I like to be thorough. Yes, I could have just said for DE4life that it's very stuuuupid to talk seriously about working titles. But I wrote down why, I reflected on his completely ignorant opinion that ASOP and SC titles sucked, showed some shitty ass IF titles from the past to show how wrong he was exactly, etc. I'm not a fan of doing half work, like IF did with SC. Jk, it was for the memes, guys! But still, I'm an advocate of voicing opinions. Never have I thought to myself reading longer posts that "man, this fella brings up a lot of points, he must be a fucking retard!!"

Dude chill, I was joking about the title thingy, I know that it was a progress. And dont worry I wont pass the dark side and leave you alone here, I can still defend IF lol. But sometimes you gotta tell the ugly things, like "The Truth". What the hell was that anyway?

Reactions: only4theweak187

This is the only thing I'll reply to because I will not delve into that insane mind of yours any further.

Again. No one here was LAZY when talking about why Siren Charms sucked. You keep saying that. You keep telling yourself that we're lazy and that we throw poorly thought out opinons on it. We actually, for weeks, went deep into why we almost unanimously felt the same way. 100% fact. Do not one more time, ever say that same bullshit again. You CONSTANTLY say that no one is explaining in detail why they didnt like it and that they're lazily doing it.

You're fucking wrong so shut the fuck up. You're absolutely just making that up whenever you say it. Pages and pages of posts were just "lazy" jabs at the album? No detail? No discussion? Wow, you'd think people being so lazy would've run out of mean jokes and one sentence statments in hundreds of posts by then.

Now please ignore ^ that point I just made and continue living in your own fantasy world arguing things that are already proven correct.

Siren Charms is the most talked about for two reasons;

1. It's the most recent.
2. It's the worst.

"for no good reason, really."

Hahaha wat?

Last edited:
Despite it being extremely lazily written, dissapointing, the worst 'modern in flames' album, and having the best tracks as bonus tracks, I still ocaasionally listen to stuff on it as it's as I said previously, easy listening metal

Reactions: only4theweak187
For fuck's sake. Please stop writing essays about how right you are, nobody cares. Try not to take everything so seriously. It's just pixels on a screen, man.
If I have a lot to say, I write a lot. If not, then [drumroll] not. I can just imagine myself sitting on the bench, reading some random book, and you folks walk by, hit the book out of my hands saying "LMAO, READING LOT OF WORDS IN 2016, LUL". And please, don't come with the "don't take it seriously" argument. This post of yours reminds me of that little comic where the guy laughing at the others criticizing him, saying "haha, jokes on you idiots, I only pretended to be a retard!!!". Don't say stupid things in the first place, even if I leave many flaws in my posts for you to casually ignore the fact that you tried to make assumptions based on working titles.
Well, you are still new. You will soon realize these 3-4 people will never argue among themselves. But why are you caught up on my essays? It's like if I had a bunch of tattoos, and you approached me on the street saying you think those are unnecessary and ugly. So what? If I like to express myself this way (talking about the long ass posts), then let me. If you don't like what I'm saying, you would not give a fuck about my opinion whether it was thrown into 2 or 200 sentences, isn't that right?
This is the only thing I'll reply to because I will not delve into that insane mind of yours any further.

Again. No one here was LAZY when talking about why Siren Charms sucked. You keep saying that. You keep telling yourself that we're lazy and that we throw poorly thought out opinons on it. We actually, for weeks, went deep into why we almost unanimously felt the same way. 100% fact. Do not one more time, ever say that same bullshit again. You CONSTANTLY say that no one is explaining in detail why they didnt like it and that they're lazily doing it.

You're fucking wrong so shut the fuck up. You're absolutely just making that up whenever you say it. Pages and pages of posts were just "lazy" jabs at the album? No detail? No discussion? Wow, you'd think people being so lazy would've run out of mean jokes and one sentence statments in hundreds of posts by then.

Now please ignore ^ that point I just made and continue living in your own fantasy world arguing things that are already proven correct.

Siren Charms is the most talked about for two reasons;

1. It's the most recent.
2. It's the worst.

"for no good reason, really."

Hahaha wat?
That is true, you guys did work on those first few weeks, that is without a doubt. And I'm not gonna argue your fixation on SC; if you think it is partially because it's the worst, then think that. I know I would be fucking happy if my record was so much in the mind of my fans/followers after two years, especially if it was considered shit. From an artistic perspective, the worst that could happen to a work [of art] is to be considered OK. OK is forgettable.

Anyway, if someone new to IF was reading this thread, the first IF record he would listen to would be SC. Just think about that.

Dude chill, I was joking about the title thingy, I know that it was a progress. And dont worry I wont pass the dark side and leave you alone here, I can still defend IF lol. But sometimes you gotta tell the ugly things, like "The Truth". What the hell was that anyway?
It's all good man, I even liked your post back then, because I thought about mentioning those work titles too, and your post was fine, I never said we should not even talk about work titles, especially if someone has some quality goofs for them. But then DE4 came along, and out of nowhere he spinned my head with that non-sense bullshit. Which, of course, never got to the spotlight, because I am the idiot, for writing too many words in this day and age, but if I were posting some quality comment slike "Lmao, there's a track called Handsome. I bet that it's utter fucking shit just like SC and ASOP." I'd be showered with likes and considered a sage.

Just sad. But hey, maybe when the next song comes out we will all hold hands and be happy for it, even if for different reasons. Probably not, though.

edit: also, for all the shit I get for "wanting to win" and "being always right", if you take a step back, you can see how they are strawmanning me without any shame. but I'm not even mentioning that, because it would be pointless, being in the minority.
Despite it being extremely lazily written, dissapointing, the worst 'modern in flames' album, and having the best tracks as bonus tracks, I still ocaasionally listen to stuff on it as it's as I said previously, easy listening metal
See, there's nothing wrong with that. You are also not talking about it in every 2nd post of yours.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
If I have a lot to say, I write a lot. If not, then [drumroll] not. I can just imagine myself sitting on the bench, reading some random book, and you folks walk by, hit the book out of my hands saying "LMAO, READING LOT OF WORDS IN 2016, LUL". And please, don't come with the "don't take it seriously" argument. This post of yours reminds me of that little comic where the guy laughing at the others criticizing him, saying "haha, jokes on you idiots, I only pretended to be a retard!!!". Don't say stupid things in the first place, even if I leave many flaws in my posts for you to casually ignore the fact that you tried to make assumptions based on working titles.

Well, you are still new. You will soon realize these 3-4 people will never argue among themselves. But why are you caught up on my essays? It's like if I had a bunch of tattoos, and you approached me on the street saying you think those are unnecessary and ugly. So what? If I like to express myself this way (talking about the long ass posts), then let me. If you don't like what I'm saying, you would not give a fuck about my opinion whether it was thrown into 2 or 200 sentences, isn't that right?

That is true, you guys did work on those first few weeks, that is without a doubt. And I'm not gonna argue your fixation on SC; if you think it is partially because it's the worst, then think that. I know I would be fucking happy if my record was so much in the mind of my fans/followers after two years, especially if it was considered shit. From an artistic perspective, the worst that could happen to a work [of art] is to be considered OK. OK is forgettable.

Anyway, if someone new to IF was reading this thread, the first IF record he would listen to would be SC. Just think about that.

My point is that you don't have a great way of communicating your point, writing long and convoluted answers isn't a great idea. Open discussions work best with short points and open mindedness

Reactions: eochaid