IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I don't think Anders will be able to pull off the vocals in The Truth very well live, which means the song will flop. Also that chorus will either sound terrible or will be basically pure backing track vocals coming through the speakers. The End will work much better. I want the band to release another single already!

Anders got an insane amount of flak before they started their last tour, and despite having weaker performances too, he did a surprisingly good job, with the old songs as well during the club tour. I wouldn't worry about him.

Ture, and when I saw In Flames play in London in 2014 he was good, but during the festival run last year his voice was truly fucked, especially during Rock am Ring and Wacken

His cleans have always been terrible live and hugely assisted by backing vocals. That isn't going to change, if anything it'll increase as time goes by. Dude can't sing under normal circumstances, let alone when he's screaming/growling too. I sympathise with him in that respect, it isn't easy. The human voice box is not really designed to do both in such short time spans.

It'll be interesting to see how he does on the live Dvd on songs like Fear is the Weakness and Where the Dead Ships Dwell as they have vocals that sit between cleans amd full on screams, so I want ot hear how they come out, when playing the 2015 festivals, where the drad ships Dwell was cringeworthily bad

I can't picture The Truth live. Do they really expect people to cheer that shit line over and over? Yuck.

So cringy and embarrassing.

Plenty of good ways to utilitize a chant in your metal music... Just not like that.

Reactions: eochaid
Yeah as much as I don't dislike the studio version, it would be terrible live, even worse thsn the first verse of Rusted Nail is. How the fuck Anders didn't do a better thake of the vocals in that verse in tbe studio I have no idea. Hetrues to be all fancy with his delivery but it's just... Shit. Man Rusted Nail would have been a banging tune if that verse was better executed

Just to be clear here: I was kidding on both ends. If I wanted to be serious:

- The Truth is very solid, around 7/10, I absolutely want them to play it live! I don't think it's a new low for the band. Their softest, most poppy song is still Through Oblivion, which I like a lot actually.

- Paralyzed is among the worse tracks of SC. When The World Explodes is an absolute shitter, but Dead Eyes, Paralyzed and Everything's Gone are meh to me. Not interesting, lacking emotion, I don't see much value in them, even though it's chilling to listen to Dead Eyes, EG is fine live and I dig the electronics in Paralyzed.

- The End is much more interesting than The Truth, and it's a solid mix of being hip yet still being In Flames.

-Through Oblivion might be their softest but still has a IF vibe in it. Its full clean vocals on the song but still I can catch IF on the song but The Truth isnt like that at all.

-I would like When The World Explodes much more if they didnt put the female chorus. Its not catchy for me, Anders would do much more catchy chorus just himself.

- Actually I dig The End a lot now since I noticed the long scream on the song. (After solo, end of the pre chorus. It's awesome)

Wow, even their producer is irritating alt-nu-pop-whatever guy.

Meanwhile, Insomnium is doing one song album, based on short story, with Dan Swano and a real drummer.

Now, that is "maturing, evolving, experimenting", not doing 3 minute pop songs with childish lyrics.

Also, later this year DTs Atoma awaits...

Well, of course, this is Dan motherfucking Swano were talking about here.

I do feel like an asshole for insulting you constantly Slave.

Once you stop lumping about ten different peoples' ideas & opinions into one... Then saying everything that counters YOUR opinion is lazy, thoughtless and just plain mean...

Then every discussion you're involved in won't turn into a war. Everyone else here, when they disagree, are quoting each other's posts and then responding, while maintaining being cool with each other. We understand the commonality of all of our minds discussing the same music and the variables that follow in each person's interpretation of the material or topic at hand.

And sometimes you don't have to take throwaway posts so seriously.

*Side note: Jesters Door does make a good point that relates about Siren Charms. It may be the worst, but it's not the worst music ever made of course. Its just the worst record of a band with a lot of albums. An experimental record that didn't reasonate with the majority of fans. Plenty of people do like it though.

With all the shit I talk, I CAN listen to a few tracks and I'm not even talking about The Chase. I just don't often, compared to other In Flames songs.

LULZ

To be fair, it was an experiment. How can we bring the experience of taking a really nasty shit and turn it into music?

Job accomplished.