IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I don't know how you can be so passionate about music you don't like eochaid. What a waste of time writing all that to Jesper lol. I know everyone can express there opinion etc etc, but who the fucks spends time writing about things they don't like, continuously? I like The End, The Truth is okay. I don't feel the need to express that to a former member of a band, in any way. If I don't like things, I just move on, why waste time on it. There's so many bands I just like a couple albums, a certain album or even just a few songs. ''Oh you went down the wrong path after your first 2 albums, you're wasting your name'' you will never see me writing shit like that, especially to the band itself.

There's so much good music being released all the time, I rather just focus on that. For example, new Devin Townsend record in my eyes is 9.5/10 all around, if anything, I'd rather express my hapiness with their new record to them, whether it be on social media or elsewhere rather than trashing someone's new album saying I hate it. There's constructive criticism and there's just negativity. Both are opinions anyone can express but only one makes you sound/look like a douche.

''Your new shit fucking blows, it's really boring and sounds like radio pop with shitty lyrics, sellouts.''
''Your new album(s) doesn't really click with me, but I will still listen to your earlier albums which I like''

See the difference? I mean this in general with any groups or bands.

It's really fucking pathetic when you read the comments to his post. They haven't been melodeath in over at least 15-16 years, how the fuck can people not move on, I see people all the time saying they only enjoy their early albums, while they don't realise that's only 6-7 years of their career compared to their 15years~ "after" they started to release so called bad albums.

Also Opeth, I like some of their stuff, but I don't know why but the acoustic singing parts are too much sometimes for me. The song April Ethereal is really damn nice, most of My Arms Your Hearse is good. Maybe cause Ander's co-produced and engineered it :>

Last edited:
I don't know how you can be so passionate about music you don't like eochaid. What a waste of time writing all that to Jesper lol. I know everyone can express there opinion etc etc, but who the fucks spends time writing about things they don't like, continuously? I like The End, The Truth is okay. I don't feel the need to express that to a former member of a band, in any way. If I don't like things, I just move on, why waste time on it. There's so many bands I just like a couple albums, a certain album or even just a few songs. ''Oh you went down the wrong path after your first 2 albums, you're wasting your name'' you will never see me writing shit like that, especially to the band itself.

There's so much good music being released all the time, I rather just focus on that. For example, new Devin Townsend record in my eyes is 9.5/10 all around, if anything, I'd rather express my hapiness with their new record to them, whether it be on social media or elsewhere rather than trashing someone's new album saying I hate it. There's constructive criticism and there's just negativity. Both are opinions anyone can express but only one makes you sound/look like a douche.

''Your new shit fucking blows, it's really boring and sounds like radio pop with shitty lyrics, sellouts.''
''Your new album(s) doesn't really click with me, but I will still listen to your earlier albums which I like''

It's really fucking pathetic when you read the comments to his post. They haven't been melodeath in over at least 15-16 years, how the fuck can people not move on, I see people all the time saying they only enjoy their early albums, while they don't realise that's only 6-7 years of their career compared to their 15years~ "after" they started to release so called bad albums.

Also Opeth, I like some of their stuff, but I don't know why but the acoustic singing parts are too much sometimes for me. The song April Ethereal is really damn nice, most of My Arms Your Hearse is good. Maybe cause Ander's co-produced and engineered it :>

Whoa, easy there. Don't write any long essays man. ;)

Reactions: Jester Slave
When did he say they were never friends. O find that hard to believe. All the interviews I read, he says they were friends.
It wasn't the interview I remembered (it was the one he seemed kinda devastated though), and I don't want to go through all of them, but he said something along the lines that they weren't friends, so if it wasn't for the music, they would've walked past by eachother on the street. But to be clear, he did not mean that they did not like one another. Slayer was the same way towards Jeff Hanneman. I'm not saying Jesper was the same, but people said that Hanneman was quite reserved even when with the band (touring, recording), and when they had time to go home or to holiday etc, he always just disappeared, they barely kept in touch.

Ayyy, only read his (eochaid's) entire post now. But I still say it's fine, if you want to bitch about something at least put effort in it. I already vomited around half past 0:00, but reading now how only4theweak had to just make a shot at The Truth for the millionth+one time almost made me throw up again. People bitch about long posts and then keep posting the same needless, mindless, hateful stuff. You still like The End, great, make a post about it, but why the fuck does it need to be said that The Truth is still a turd when no one fucking brought it up?!

This is my gripe with the majority of SC bashing. The absolutely pointless negativity is just getting to me. Even in real life, I just can't stand when average joes are complaining about the same fucking shit. Aaahhh this government, aaaaah not enough salary, aaaaah [insert gossip here about someone], zzzzzzzzzzzz. The endless, meaningless, mean shit towards things they have absolutely no control over. Yes, for you, SC was shit yesterday, is shit today and will be shit tomorrow. We know it without you bringing it up constantly. Like, even when a new song will surface, how about - and I know this is a far-fetched fantasy of mine - a.) you only talk about that song b.) if you want to rate it around past IF songs, how about you get further than SC?

I mean, we all fucking know, that whenever the next single from Battle gets released, the hate group's response will be one from these options:
- It's a very good track, actually! Unlike that fucking shit SC.
- It's quite decent. Definitely better than that fucking shit SC.
- It's so bad that it would fit right into that fucking shit SC.

Of course, when I dare to say anything positive about it, then I'm thin skinned, an apologist, a fanboy, not to mention if I type more than 4 sentences I'm also crazy as well, because people in this board have the mindset that there is no possible way one could not express his opinion in 4 sentences tops.

I mean, DE4life's anger and/or disappointment with SC and ASOP went so far he said those records had a bunch of shitty song titles. Just.... just think about that for a moment. How engulfed you have to be to say such an absolutely mind-numbing thing?

But the SC-hate is not even the biggest problem. Post Clayman records barely get any recognition except SOAPF, which is just funny to me because SOAPF is not that great, it's greatest quality in people's eyes that it's not ASOP (which was at least an interesting record, despite its flaws), while Clayman has a bunch of "sellout" songs, yet it's considered a classic.

My absolute favorite thing in this elitist mindset is the fact that IF's first records are absolutely meaningless and not even that great. Aside personal taste and their influence, it's nowhere near godlike status. Yes, there are timeless classics, like Metallica's self-titled album, Slayer's Reign In Blood, Nine Inch Nail's The Downward Spiral, Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, and I deliberately not mentioning the "obvious" ones, like Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, etc.The point is, all of these were extremely influential records for the music industry and to pop culture. But even if we shorten our perspective, and we are not looking for the most world dominating records and only judge them for how much these records meant to these bands and for their fans: Raining Blood, Enter Sandman, Hurt, One Step Closer. To just name one song of each of these records which became classics (worldwide too, but again, let's not go too far) and to this day are staples at live shows, and to this day, new or old fans, despite these bands changing their style too (some more than others, obviously) are digging it.

Now, of course, IF has a bunch of staples and fan-favorites too. Cloud Connected, The Quiet Place, My Sweet Shadow, Take This Life, Only For The Weak. None of them from the so called "undoubtedly best" records from them. I guess Colony has its title track and Embody, and the odd one out from the LS-TJR-Whoracle trio is Behind Space, being the sole song from that era that I guess we can call a classic. It is beyond me, because it is one of the worst songs I ever heard in my life, even on LS I could list three songs which are better, but oh well. Point is, TJR and Whoracle, as much as I actually dig them and as much as they were important for the melo-death scene, are just two dusty records from the past. And it doesn't matter if you think those records are 10/10, because it's not what IF is. Ever since Clayman (or Colony, but that's a different argument) IF finally found themselves and managed to make a name for themselves on the world stage. Having the attitude that TJR and Whoracle are above all and what made IF great, is like thinking that the only reason that a 30-year old, beautiful woman is rich and has a loving, beautiful family is because you dated her for 8 months back in high-school. Maybe those 8 months were the time of your life, and maybe it was great for both of you, and maybe you both learned an awful lot from it, which became handy later on, but that's all.

Liking old stuff does not make you or your taste superior in any way, and acting like they were more significant than they really were (yes, a jab at A88's list, but my impression is that many people would kneel and bend for TJR and Whoracle) is just plain ignorant.

edit: forgot to mention, that my only pet peeve with eochaid's fb post was his jabs at Jesper's grammar. That's not cool. He's not a native speaker, and you make spelling mistakes too.

Last edited:

You know what's even worse? People writing long posts about other people having an opinion. What a waste of time writing all that to a half-dozen people on a largely defunct In Flames message board lol.

You and Slave just don't get it. Neither of you are able to process how other opinions work, which is an interesting flaw but renders it almost impossible for either of you to have a sensible debate about anything.

The best way to argue is short, concise sentences that get to the point. If you can't do that then you will be rightly dismissed as a crank.

You know what's even worse? People writing long posts about other people having an opinion. What a waste of time writing all that to a half-dozen people on a largely defunct In Flames message board lol.

You and Slave just don't get it. Neither of you are able to process how other opinions work, which is an interesting flaw but renders it almost impossible for either of you to have a sensible debate about anything.

The best way to argue is short, concise sentences that get to the point. If you can't do that then you will be rightly dismissed as a crank.
Jesus fucking christ, dude. I'm actually glad I'm not the only arrogant prick here. You make up rules about how arguments should work, which [rules] directly puts more emphasis on using less brainpower, aka dulling it down, and in the same post you also play the "it's just a small internet board" card, like the size of this site had anything to do with the value of discussions and arguments here. No, you are not fucking cool by acting like a spoiled brat, you are only lucky that there are not 4 or 5 times more people here, because in that case you would get shit on with this attitude. Also, if this board is not worthy enough for you to read longer opinions, or to express your own opinions in a more detailed form, then why are you here? There are folks who only check in when there's a new IF record, they listen to it, express their opinion and leave, I get that. But you are always here, yet you complain.

Mine wasn't a huge wall of text, and if you want to write several points, you can't bunch it up in a short sentence sadly. It takes max 1minute to read. And if you read it properly it's not about people having an opinion. If you can't spend 1minute reading a post on a forum I don't know what you are doing here. This is not a chat, it's a forum. It's rather you who don't get it. Jester Slave I can argue is wall-of-texting with too much words often (no offense it's just reality) but my post really wasn't.

Read what I wrote again before you leave a post complaining about people having an opinion, thanks.
Don't be a crybaby :>

I don't know how you can be so passionate about music you don't like eochaid. What a waste of time writing all that to Jesper lol.

Did you really read my message? Because, if you did, then you understood nothing. If it was a waste of time is for me to decide, not for you, since it was my time.

There's so many bands I just like a couple albums, a certain album or even just a few songs. ''Oh you went down the wrong path after your first 2 albums, you're wasting your name'' you will never see me writing shit like that, especially to the band itself.

As I do. What are you trying to pretend? When did I say that I only like two albums? Why should I not answer to jespee? Being in a social media is about writing opinions, not about licking their asses every time that they post something ("ooooh you're sooooo amazing" "you're sooooooo cool" I don't like that kind of shit.

if anything, I'd rather express my hapiness with their new record to them, whether it be on social media or elsewhere rather than trashing someone's new album saying I hate it. There's constructive criticism and there's just negativity. Both are opinions anyone can express but only one makes you sound/look like a douche.

Yep, I wish that I could be as cool as you're and having your reading skills. But some of us just can't. Maybe next time I should write a proper review of the song, since is the only way to express criticism.

If you don't like criticism keep your shit for yourself. Music bands are few of the artists who have this attitude of "I gave you my music so you have no right to trash me". That's shit. If they only want compliments then fuck them. You could have had the same attitude when they retweeted that post calling anyone who didn't like sc fake fans. I guess that we just have different views about how this works.

edit: forgot to mention, that my only pet peeve with eochaid's fb post was his jabs at Jesper's grammar. That's not cool. He's not a native speaker, and you make spelling mistakes too.

That was my mistake and I already apologized for it. I really thought that it was a troll since the style was, i thought, different. But i was mistaken.

Sorry krofius, but your post basically boiled down to exactly the same as Jester Slave's - "I'm right, you're wrong, and you're stupid for being wrong".

I wish you guys would just write that instead of long winded bullshit, it would make this topic much easier to read

If krofius and Slave can come up with a list of things we can and can't comment on we should be all good.
I know the list well enough.

1. THings that we can say:
"IF we trust".
"Evolution and maturity".
"If you don't like it then move on".
"Haters will hate".
"I'm cool with it. It's ten time better than Rusted Nail".
"The end. such an epic song!!! Cant wait to hear the rest." (This last by jesper)

All solid arguments.

2. Things that we cannot say:
"Pop shit".
"Effortless and boring".
"Lame Siren Charms" (This last by Jesper).

All lame arguments given by douches.

At least Jesterslave makes an effort on explaining things, even if it is a long and boring essay :yuk:

Last edited:
I already vomited around half past 0:00, but reading now how only4theweak had to just make a shot at The Truth for the millionth+one time almost made me throw up again. People bitch about long posts and then keep posting the same needless, mindless, hateful stuff. You still like The End, great, make a post about it, but why the fuck does it need to be said that The Truth is still a turd when no one fucking brought it up?!

Do you realize your Narciscism is severe? Its really bad dude. Like, every symptom in the book, right down to the superiority complex.

NO ONE is allowed to have an opinion but you. You don't even see it because of your self absorption.

This forum is about new I'm Flames. I can say I find the chant in "The Truth" cringy and lame as fuck IF I WANT. I can say it however I want. I don't need to explain scientifically what frequency that part of the song is to make my opinion about it VALID.

"When no one brought it up".
I DID, dumb fuck.

YOU like The Truth, fine. Most people don't. You're not going to convince people to like something they don't. There's no lecture to give a person who doesn't like something you do like they're "missing the point" of why YOU like it.

Get it? Get help.

See that everyone? Slave can say whatever HE wants and everyone must agree to it or else they're ALL wrong and he's right. I've finally figured It out after gathering enough evidence. Now slave please spend an hour defending yourself when it's fucking true.

Textbook narcicist.

Last edited:
Slave gets so bothered when someone doesn't like something he likes so he has to try to insult the person AND their opinion. It isn't just that they don't like something. It's that they lack whatever HE has that makes them beneath him in their thinking and how they feel.

I said The Truth sounds cringy and I don't know how they expect people to do that embarassing chant live.

Slave calls that hateful and mean haha. Not just a valid opinion from a person. It can't be that simple.

There's NO reason to go more in depth for that. Its a simple opinion that gets its point across. But, no, it's not that simple. I'm missing something HE knows(narcicists know all), so that makes me ignorant instead of just stating what I think.

Slave you're the ONLY one here who was insulted and felt the need to chastise me or anyone else who says something that combats what YOU say.

Egotistical, narcicist.

I know people like you in real life.

Never have seen one on a message board before, this is new.

No one pay any attention to this guy anymore. He suffers from a weird condition that puts himself ABOVE everybody else. It comes from several different factors but it simply boils down to a superiority complex.

He must be the leader in what is objectively "right" or "wrong" about whatever topic he is part of. That being In Flames. So he makes it his "duty" in his mind, to protect what he thinks are the laws made by HIMSELF only, of what is right and what is wrong. That right now, being this band.

The best part is he doesn't even know it. You need to see someone dude, if you get this charged up over an obscure forum in a niche website... Then who knows how bad it is to others in real life.

I know people who've gotten help for it. You can learn to put yourself on a more even plane with people instead of having such misguided awareness.

Right now, you live and think by the code of you know more than others and you must let them know at all times whenever they "mistake" that.

Textbook.

Last edited:
Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
The thing is, I have absolutely no problem with long posts. I have a masters degree in Literature for goodness sake, of course I don't mind people making longer posts to prove a point.

My problem is when long posts are nothing but waffle and bullshit, the same stuff repeated that could easily have been clarified in one or two sentences. I can't be bothered to go through a Slave post, but to take Krofius' post as an example - take out the insults and unnecessary bs and it looks like this:

I don't see the point in spending a lot of time writing about how you dislike something. Explaining to Jesper isn't going to change anything. In Flames will do what they want to do, that's become obvious over the past few years, so if you disagree it seems better to ignore what they're doing and move on.

There's a lot of great music being released, in my view it makes more sense to focus on praising that as opposed to vehemently slamming a band for creating something you dislike. I feel like when people are overly negative it is no longer constructive and loses value as a result.

I'm not trying to be an arse, but surely the above is far more readable and to the point than a swearing rant about how pathetic people are? I'm not saying I'd agree with the above but I'd be happy to debate those points, rather than rolling my eyes and calling bs.

More proof of narcissism:

You still like The End, great, make a post about it, but why the fuck does it need to be said that The Truth is still a turd when no one fucking brought it up?

See that?
"Great, make a post about it".

That's fine, because Slave likes The End and most of us do as well.

Now, he doesn't want us to say anything negative about The Truth. NOT because it's wrong to say something negative...

But because HE likes it.

His egotistical mind can't endure seeing opinions that go against his.

Not because it pains him to see "hate", but because his narcicist mind CAN NOT wrap around the fact that people could dislike something HE likes.

In his mind, there has to be something WRONG with a person with a different opinion than he has. Because he knows all. He knows what's good, what's bad. What's right, what's wrong.

And he will tell you all about it in case you don't know.

It's his duty to remind us that he knows everything and that we shouldn't forget that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
I know the list well enough.
At least Jesterslave makes an effort on explaining things, even if it is a long and boring essay :yuk:
Boring my ass!! :D
Do you realize your Narciscism is severe? Its really bad dude. Like, every symptom in the book, right down to the superiority complex.
Yes, so? Blame my father.

Every time the majority of your replies to me revolve around trying to prove that I am an asshole. We all get it, I never denied it, and yes I could and should tone down a bit. But that is your easy way out of trying to pillage what I am standing up against for, or the points I am trying to raise. I feel extremely special that you are looking out for me, trying to make me an even better person, it is extremely humbling and I will make sure that if I ever get to the USA, I will send you a PM asking you if you want to pay a beer for me somewhere and then potentially lead me into some ghetto and leave me there to be mugged and knifed. But how about we put the personal stuff aside - unless one of us goes way out of the line (ie. "you cucksucking motherfucker, go die"), we don't bring psychology into the conversation - and focus on the actual topic? After all, you are not a saint yourself either.

You (and everyone) can talk about The Truth or SC anytime, all I said that the meaningless bash is... well, meaningless. And kinda tiring to read. You will have plenty of time to talk about The Truth, like whenever the next single(s?) come out, or when the album drops. Just because you can (and this might be some MURICA mentality, I don't know) doesn't mean you should. What's the fucking point in telling The Truth is shit every day with different adjectives? Embarassing, turd, disgrace, awful, etc., we get it. Imagine if I were to do the opposite, and every day I dropped a "Guys, I still like The Truth and SC! I think they are great!". Like... why? Everyone knows it already and you can't even argue that, because it's just a personal opinion. This is a discussion board, but if all day, every day we were to parrot the same shit, then the whole point of this social place would be lost.

But if we are already talking about The Truth... Wasn't Everything Counts an embarassment for TJR and Whoracle? Wasn't Suburban Me an embarrassment? The Quiet Place? Disconnected? All For Me? SC? I feel like IF "embarassed" themselves so fucking many times over the last decades, that I just can't take comments like that seriously. I just can't wait for their next record after Battles to hear how will they embarass themselves this time for REAL. I just don't think anyone having a sentiment like that is healthy for any discussion. It's not 2002 to be surprised how IF sounds quuuuiiiiite different. Now it's like making a storm in a glass.

More proof of narcissism:
That's quite the witch-hunt you have going there. I can only repeat myself: I do not see the point, the value, the health in mentioning for the 100th time that The Truth is shit. But hey, I'm a narcissist so fuck me or something. Surely if I will tell you every single day how I do not like SOAPF that much, and how TJR and Whoracle are not as godlike as some might think, I would not get any shit for it at all. I am sure people would want to read it every single day that my opinion is unchanged.

Last edited: