IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Yeah, Bodom are an extremely childish band. I dig Hate Crew Deathroll (of course :D ) but really, they're kind of a one trick band whose success mostly comes from teenage girls wanting to be Laiho groupies. Meh.

Their cover of Oops I did it Again is fucking fantastic, though.

Reactions: eochaid
It's not even a fair comparison. COB is more towards something like power metal, while IF has always been about melodies, whether we talk about Lunar Strain or Siren Charms.

There is no COB record I dig from start to finish, but they have some really awesome songs. From the new record Morrigan is quite good, but I could mention Red Light In My Eyes pt. 1, that has a very interesting style. Awful vocals though, people just couldn't fucking sing up there in the north back then I guess.

There are a few Bodom songs I like. Every Time I Die, Bed of Razors, Tie My Rope, pretty much all of HCD. Good stuff. They're generally pretty repetitive though, and their fans are even worse than N'Flaymz groupies.

I'm a pretty big Power Metal fan and don't really class Bodom as part of that genre. It's more like Melodic Speed Metal with bad vocals.

HCD is their best for sure. I do grow tired of them, but it's always nice to pop them in occasionally. The only song that stood the test of time on my music player is the absolute commercial Are You Dead Yet. Enemyyyyy take one gooood look at meeeeeeeeeee, uuuuu. Piece of art, ladies and gentlemen.

In Flames is like swedish Metallica- The best , orginal, amazing style , every song has soul and connect with your imagination.. COB is like Megadeth- amazing skilles, fast solos but without sense like Dave Mustaine

What the fuck is this?

You start out by saying that TT can be showed to fans of heavier music and say that it is an okay track to try to get people into IF. Fine.

Then you just smash The truth for good measure, lol. And this post was just the last drop in the glass, obviously who the hell would care if it happened once in a while, but many of you are constantly doing this.

Maybe because its one of the two new songs?

It's kind of the most recent topic here dummy.

I can mention BOTH songs in a post, stupid.

Makes zero sense that you're complaining about that.

We're all free to discuss what we want to discuss. You don't get to tell people what to write. Don't like it? Ignore it.

You're gonna say "stop saying the same thing over and over" so here:

1. Song first comes out - I say it's bad.

2. I mention the song live - predict will suck.

3. I say The End is something I could show people. I say I'd be embarrassed to play The Truth for the same folks.

Three different statements on the song. Nice try.

If I only mentioned showing The End to people... It'd force someone to ask there's also another new song called The Truth would you show someone that? Couldn't leave that out when technically that song was part of the conversation too. I wouldve just left an elephant in the room not mentioning it.

It was a simple thing everyone else understood that you don't for some reason

Last edited:
Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Slave I totally get what your argument is.

You are bothered when people "constantly" say something is bad.

But if it's a hot topic or something being discussed... Then its going to be talked about. You might get bothered by it for some reason... But only YOU go nuts when you see something get bashed by more than one person.

YOU. Everyone else is grown up enough to understand that things happen the way they happen. Keep scrolling until you see something you want to add to or come up with something for us to discuss.

You're not "right." There is no right or wrong with opinions and there is no rule that states how many times or HOW a topic is brought up.

Open forum.

Last edited:
IF have some stupid lyrics, but the chorus from ISFI win in the ranking of stupidity.

Lol, yes. "But I am ready to give you the M... it might even be the E". Fucking hell :D

A note on the idea of there being a hater crew, clique, etc...

This is an old forum. Most younger IF fans don't use places like this to express opinion. They use twitter, facebook, instagram, etc...

Generally speaking, on here there are people who were around during the TJR-Clayman period, but also appreciate modern In Flames when it's done properly. It's to be expected that majority opinion on here is going to be similar because you've got a fairly small collection of like minded people. It makes sense that albums like ASOP, SC and songs like The Truth are going to be shit on, because much of what made In Flames great, to us, is lost in these albums and songs.

There isn't going to be a balanced opinion on here because there aren't enough newer fans visiting to defend that stuff. If you want a more balanced discussion you're probably better off using their facebook group, or twitter. It's not that we're being purposefully cliquey or forming a hate group, most of us are just of similar opinion based on how we experienced the band growing up.

Reactions: Jester Slave
THe first song that I heard from R2R was System. Far shocking. And I was "fuck, this is amazing!"

But I honestly that there is a limit to how much a band do naturally evolve. Anything that goes past that point is simply, in my humble opinion, change on purpose.

In Flames is like swedish Metallica- The best , orginal, amazing style , every song has soul and connect with your imagination.. COB is like Megadeth- amazing skilles, fast solos but without sense like Dave Mustaine
Metallica are a bunch of posers and have always been.

THe first song that I heard from R2R was System. Far shocking. And I was "fuck, this is amazing!"

But I honestly that there is a limit to how much a band do naturally evolve. Anything that goes past that point is simply, in my humble opinion, change on purpose.

My first IF song was Moonshield, back in 1999 or 2000. I fucking hated it. I didn't listen to melodic death metal at the time and thought it was ridiculous. I got sent Jester Script Transfigured as well, and had a similar reaction. Then I heard OFTW and even though I still didn't like the vocals, I was digging the music. Eventually I learned to appreciate the whole package, realised I was a fucking dope for not liking the older shit, and promptly fell in love with pretty much their entire back catalog.

I remember hearing R2R for the first time and had the typical old school elitist reaction of "fuck this shit, who do they think they are, the backstreet boys?" ... but after a while, I grew to like Reroute. I hated STYE for a long time though, and there are still many parts of that album I dislike.

Reactions: only4theweak187
Love songs from every album.

I even like a few off Siren Charms only like 2-3 but it's not the worst music ever.

Slave needs to stop attaching our discussions to the idiots on YouTube and their Facebook that leave dumb comments like "go back to your roots" or "make another colony".

Those comments will never stop. When IF posted The Truth lyric video on Facebook, I remember one comment. "Love all your stuff guys I just don't really dig this one sorry".

So it's good to see people be fair and realistic instead of just ignorant, nasty comments. Even though Slave says we are all just like the asshole haters hahahaha waaat

Well , respect your opinion but Metallica is one of the gratest bands in the world probably ( not for because they are famous)

See Slave. She understood that people are gonna say what they think and instead of explaining why they're dumb or "wrong" she just stated a civil counter opinion.

Didn't lose her mind when she saw something she didn't agree with.

Laverna even went the nicer route that none of us will ever do "I respect your opinion but..." haha

My first IF song was Moonshield, back in 1999 or 2000. I fucking hated it. I didn't listen to melodic death metal at the time and thought it was ridiculous. I got sent Jester Script Transfigured as well, and had a similar reaction. Then I heard OFTW and even though I still didn't like the vocals, I was digging the music. Eventually I learned to appreciate the whole package, realised I was a fucking dope for not liking the older shit, and promptly fell in love with pretty much their entire back catalog.

I remember hearing R2R for the first time and had the typical old school elitist reaction of "fuck this shit, who do they think they are, the backstreet boys?" ... but after a while, I grew to like Reroute. I hated STYE for a long time though, and there are still many parts of that album I dislike.
I don't remember what was my first song. It's been a long time ago in a metal pub far far away.

The first time I fully listened to r2r I did not liked it. It reminded me, I don't know why, to Soilwork. Then, after a year, I listened to the cd again and it was my main playlist until STYE was released.

STYE was easier to listen at, and I liked it a lot, but know is one of the albums that I listen to the less.

I had more trouble accepting bands like Metallica, when I first heard them, than melodeath bands.

Well , respect your opinion but Metallica is one of the gratest bands in the world probably ( not for because they are famous)
They have a lot of marketing behind them.

I used to like them. There are even song from Load and Reload that I like (one or two). But St Anger is laughable, in fact, that was my reaction when I listened to it, I just couldn't stop laughing. The previous album is a remake of AJFA and the new song is boring and uninteresting.

They lost me when, by the time that they released Load, in an interview for the spaniard television, Lars said, as a defence for their new album, that all the previous albums where "false".

I just couldn't believe it.

Then, a few years ago, as an article for another spaniard tv, one girl goes to see them at Rock in Rio and waits for them in the backstage. The guys arrive, each of them on his own limousine, play the show and go away each of them on his own limousine.

That has nothing to do with metal, that's what posers do. They want to be rockstarts? It's ok. Just stop pretending that they are a true metal band that sold millions because of their quallity, when they sold millions because the media decided to.

Last edited:
Reactions: DE4life
Love songs from every album.

I even like a few off Siren Charms only like 2-3 but it's not the worst music ever.

Slave needs to stop attaching our discussions to the idiots on YouTube and their Facebook that leave dumb comments like "go back to your roots" or "make another colony".

Those comments will never stop. When IF posted The Truth lyric video on Facebook, I remember one comment. "Love all your stuff guys I just don't really dig this one sorry".

So it's good to see people be fair and realistic instead of just ignorant, nasty comments. Even though Slave says we are all just like the asshole haters hahahaha waaat

Yeah, I'd never post that I want another Colony or Clayman. Firstly I doubt they are capable of producing such an album these days, but more importantly it's obvious they don't want to go back to that style of music. From what I remember they didn't really want all the guitar melodies on Clayman either, but the producer forced them to do it, lol. I don't want the band to force themselves to make a certain style of music, I just want them to produce good music that compliments their undoubted capabilities as artists. Songs like the Truth do them a massive disservice, imo.

I don't remember what was my first song. It's been a long time ago in a metal pub far far away.

The first time I fully listened to r2r I did not liked it. It reminded me, I don't know why, to Soilwork. Then, after a year, I listened to the cd again and it was my main playlist until STYE was released.

STYE was easier to listen at, and I liked it a lot, but know is one of the albums that I listen to the less.

I had more trouble accepting bands like Metallica, when I first heard them, than melodeath bands.

R2R is kind of like a shittier version of Natural Born Chaos. Both bands went from traditional melodeath albums to straighter melodic metal with clean vocals, both in 2002. Soilwork did it a lot better though, mainly because Speed can actually sing and the production on NBC is a million miles ahead of Reroute.

Heard the title track for Colony and was sold instantly. 12 yrs old at the time and sounded amazing compared to the boring thrash an older brother listened to. The cool keyboard organ effect and guitar riffing ruled.

From then until like 16 listened to other bands and basically only Colony, Clayman and Reroute until came across the rock am ring 2006 show on YouTube.

Shortly after, popped in used and abused and watched it almost all the way through doing my homework one day. First time hearing songs from Jester Race and Whoracle + being a polished mixed live sound brought me back full force.

That Used and Abused dvd had a lot of good content.

Reactions: eochaid and DE4life