IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

So does anyone remember this interview with Anders? He's talking about the unreleased song on ASOP, saying that it'll be on the future releases. But I guess they forgot about it.
Unreleased song:

Interview:
http://www.metal-impact.com/index.php?name=Interviews&req=showcontent&id=406

He also talks about Passenger. Actually I would like to hear another Passenger album. First one was fine.

No it really didn't. I was saying I don't understand why people waste their time on things they don't like, that's what it came down to, not people having opinions.

Cya when there's something of value to discuss, can't bother with this dull state at the moment of this forum, keep it up though.

In Flames We Trust
Yeah, now we should also ask you what to discuss about. We don't want to keep you bored.

A flounce from krofius, I never thought I'd see the day. Goodnight, sweet prince.

Damn, if STYE had sounded like it did on Used and Abused I actually think I would have liked it. Bottled still sucks, but thee rest of it is really solid. Tracks like Dead Alone, LYBD, Superhero and ISFI sound really awesome on that DVD.

Sticky Fingers is absolutely dubbed.

Not sure about the Hammersmith show.

You know how I know? Because in the uh documentary thing, they cut to a shot of food for the gods playing and it's the raw sound that's not even close.

Plus during the quiet place at sticky fingers you clearly see Anders is not on the mic when he goes to say the first "nightbird..."

Yeah, it's almost certainly overdubbed. That's pretty common practice on live DVD's though.

I seriously can't get over how much better Dead Alone sounds on that DVD. It's like the STYE version is a rough demo in comparison.

Reactions: only4theweak187
Help me find the right word to describe what makes Soundtrack's overall sound just fall flat.

Like, the sound is almost monotone. There's some good fucking guitar riffing and melodies in there.

But there's no bass guitar to be heard and the songs just don't slam the speakers like they should.

All the songs sound like a high frequency too-much-treble staticky noise.

Dead Alone is like In Search For I to me. Good chorus with cool keyboard effect that doesn't "hit" as hard as it should.

Reactions: DE4life
The first "making of" interview trailer for the new DVD when Only For The Weak is playing doesn't sound dubbed but maybe touched up? Not sure.

All I know is the keyboard synthesizer is nice and loud and sounds awesome.

Since 2011 they changed the keyboard sound for Only For The Weak but its never loud enough like the old one was... Until I saw that trailer.

The first "making of" interview trailer for the new DVD when Only For The Weak is playing doesn't sound dubbed but maybe touched up? Not sure.

All I know is the keyboard synthesizer is nice and loud and sounds awesome.

Since 2011 they changed the keyboard sound for Only For The Weak but its never loud enough like the old one was... Until I saw that trailer.

Yeah when I saw In Flames it was on the same tour as the DVD was filmed, and the OFTW synth was very quiet compared to guitars, they have very much turned up the volume on it, not that I care. It sounds good so who gives a fuck how they got the sound

Help me find the right word to describe what makes Soundtrack's overall sound just fall flat.

Like, the sound is almost monotone. There's some good fucking guitar riffing and melodies in there.

But there's no bass guitar to be heard and the songs just don't slam the speakers like they should.

All the songs sound like a high frequency too-much-treble staticky noise.

Dead Alone is like In Search For I to me. Good chorus with cool keyboard effect that doesn't "hit" as hard as it should.

I think you've nailed it there. The mix just doesn't sound quite right, like they ran out of time and said "that'll have to do". Either that or they intended to have that flat sound. It sounds a lot like the American metal releases of the period, which had similar mixes. If I had to guess I'd say they were probably trying to emulate that style of production, rather than make it sound like it does on the DVD - which is closer to how the Colony/Clayman mixes were done.

It's a shame. Much like R2R, STYE was let down by production choices.

So does anyone remember this interview with Anders? He's talking about the unreleased song on ASOP, saying that it'll be on the future releases. But I guess they forgot about it.
Unreleased song:

Interview:
http://www.metal-impact.com/index.php?name=Interviews&req=showcontent&id=406

He also talks about Passenger. Actually I would like to hear another Passenger album. First one was fine.

Yes , but Peter said that there are 2 songs and they are connected with diffrent project

Superhero of the Computer Rage is another song off STYE that the production fucked over. Again, it just sounds so much better on the DVD. The guitars are crunchier and in the foreground, as they should be. There are little keyboard parts that you can barely hear on the album at all. The DVD version of STYE has the energy that the CD lacks. The riffs jump out of the speakers, rather than staying buried in the mix.

Also, even though there aren't that many solos on STYE, the few that are on there are a thousand times better than the ones Bjorn churns out these days.

My main concern with Bjorn is that he is abusing the wah wah pedal.

He's done that since Come Clarity. He needs a proper producer there to stop that shit. I remember one of the Soilwork guitarists saying that Nordstrom told him off for using too much wah wah. I believe In Flames stopped using Fredrik because he was too demanding and they wanted to do things their own way.

I remember them talking about how he could not give them the time that they needed to make the albums.

Superhero sounds fucking KILLER on the used & abused DVD.

Tremolo picking leading the song, actual bass being heard and that MASSIVE breakdown in the bridges... "Its you that's been chosen" with heavy as fuck guitar chugging as you hear "everything you say is DENIED"... so brutal.

The YouTube vids of that song opening In Flames' euro fall '15 shows made me so jealous. Even those sound better than the studio version. Not to mention that setlist alone would be insane to have seen.

Edit - he sang the cleans of the chorus on the DVD. Live 2015 videos instead show him screaming the background scream vocals from the record. Either way he did the song justice very well.

Last edited:
I hope they continue that kind of setlist from late 2015(a crazily varied one) but just with the newer songs they need to throw on. Obviously for a club/venue tour. Of course they wouldn't play THAT varied of a setlist for outdoor festivals.

I found a cool word macro earlier which gives the frequency of words used in a document. I put all of In Flames lyrics from TJR - SC (excluding covers, including The End) to see what would come out...

Unsurprisingly, "I" is the most used word in the discography with 571 uses. Taking out obvious words like "you", "in", "me", "and", etc... the next most used word is "time" (81 uses), followed by "world" (60), "way"(58), "never"(49), "away"(47) and "again"(46).

As you were.