IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I skimmed what you just wrote.

It all boils down to this dude:

- You don't realize you have a superiority complex.

- Different humans have different opinions and views on things

- People can be both positive and negative about things.

- You can NOT live in a world where YOU will ONLY hear things you agree with. Stop trying to fight that natural law.

- Some people just choose to only talk about things they don't like. MOST of us here talk about both the things we like and don't like.

- Be cool. Understand that we're mostly grown men who have a knowledge and experience of life just as you do.

- Lastly. Understand that conversations can and do come out of nowhere. Stop writing a ton of shit like "wasn't Suburban me an emvarassment?". We're talking about new In Flames and I brought up The Truth. It happened. Relax

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Slave, I only read fragments of that, but you aren't wrong on All For Me. That song fucking sucks, the only song on SOAPF that I cannot stand.

Everything Counts is a pretty cool take on an 80's song. Shades of Anders' influence coming through, but still, it was well done. No idea why you have beef with Suburban Me, that's a fantastic song and fits perfectly on Clayman. Similarly, TQP fits in perfectly on STYE so I don't have an issue with it. Disconnected is fine if you remove the "I feel like shit, but at least I feel something" part. Really, I think it's that pathetic line alone that most people hate about that song.

SC as a whole is embarrassing, agreed.

I actually like you more now that you've agreed that you're an asshole :D I got a chuckle out of that. Maybe we can get along.

Reactions: eochaid
I don't think that we're bashing the truth everyday but, if we do, I think it's natural since

1. It's the more recent song.
2. Almost all of us agree on that we like the end, so it's pointless to discuss how much we like it.
3. There are no other news from the banda and se al hace agreed that the new anders' haircut is stupid. This is why de hace started throwing shit to each others.

Last edited:
Reactions: only4theweak187
Slave can you please tell me a few rules so I never get out of line again?

1. What can I like and what should I not like?

2. Can I message you what I'm about to post so you can review it and make sure it's said at an OK time and my opinion isn't wrong?

3. Which albums and songs should I defend and to whom?

I thank you my king, all-knowing and truly wise ruler

I skimmed what you just wrote.

It all boils down to this dude:

- You don't realize you have a superiority complex.

- Different humans have different opinions and views on things

- People can be both positive and negative about things.

- You can NOT live in a world where YOU will ONLY hear things you agree with. Stop trying to fight that natural law.

- Some people just choose to only talk about things they don't like. MOST of us here talk about both the things we like and don't like.

- Be cool. Understand that we're mostly grown men who have a knowledge and experience of life just as you do.

- Lastly. Understand that conversations can and do come out of nowhere. Stop writing a ton of shit like "wasn't Suburban me an emvarassment?". We're talking about new In Flames and I brought up The Truth. It happened. Relax
Who the fuck of your family have I murdered? I literally, and I have to type it out again, LITERALLY start my post by saying you are right about the narcissist part. Then you fucking slam me down again, lol.

I am seriously getting tired of you gaslighting me. If you know what a narcissist like, then you should know I am more than capable of being an annoying, ruthless vulture, listing points and explaining to you how and why are you a/an [insert some derogatory term here]. I give you the fucking gesture to write normal replies to you, despite you trying to make everything personal and have the audacity to shamelessly turn it around on me, but you are just continuing with your vendetta.

No, saying The Truth sucks every single day when it was like 2 weeks ago the song got released is extremely pointless and leads to nothing but circlejerking. You add nothing new, you just act hurt that I want to limit your freedom. But do you know what? Keep doing it. You are right, you are a grown man, it's not against the rules, please, keep posting the same sentence every single day for the rest of your or this board's life. You will post it, eochaid will like it, DE4life will reply to it with "I agree!" and I will reply to DE4life with "I do not!". I am not even sure if I can sleep this night. Will you still think The Truth is shit tomorrow?! I mean, there are boring topics, like the significance of R2R, discussing ASOP's mixed nature, talking about whether programmed drums are the end of modern life, but honestly, who cares? I just want to know if you still hate The Truth. There are 100 more IF songs out there you probably like, but no, I don't want to read about them and why you like them. I specifically want to know if you still hate The Truth. Please, link me your twitter, I want to follow you.

Now, get fixated on how I was a sarcastic asshole, and completely ignore the fact that there might have been some truth to it.
Slave, I only read fragments of that, but you aren't wrong on All For Me. That song fucking sucks, the only song on SOAPF that I cannot stand.

Everything Counts is a pretty cool take on an 80's song. Shades of Anders' influence coming through, but still, it was well done. No idea why you have beef with Suburban Me, that's a fantastic song and fits perfectly on Clayman. Similarly, TQP fits in perfectly on STYE so I don't have an issue with it. Disconnected is fine if you remove the "I feel like shit, but at least I feel something" part. Really, I think it's that pathetic line alone that most people hate about that song.

SC as a whole is embarrassing, agreed.

I actually like you more now that you've agreed that you're an asshole :D I got a chuckle out of that. Maybe we can get along.
I never said I consider them embarassment. I like all of them, Suburban Me is one of my favorites from Clayman. But if you paid attention what songs (or records) I like and what songs I do not, then it shouldn't be a surprise to you that I am a sucker for everything that's catchy and melodic. Everything Counts and Suburban Me are examples of new IF in older form. We usually only talk about how some newer songs tried to make throwbacks to the old style.

I still hate you.

(jk)

Slave can you please tell me a few rules so I never get out of line again?

1. What can I like and what should I not like?

2. Can I message you what I'm about to post so you can review it and make sure it's said at an OK time and my opinion isn't wrong?

3. Which albums and songs should I defend and to whom?

I thank you my king, all-knowing and truly wise ruler
Your posted your sarcasm faster than I did mine!! Let this be the first rule: wait my sarcasm first, as I am truly superior and I don't like 2nd places. I forgive for now, but you still have to listen to The Truth. Yes, now, I don't care if you are at a funeral or sth.

Ok okay got it.

I forgot one.

So since we mostly all like The End...

We can talk about what we like about it alll day long right? Lots and lots of positive posts right??

As long as we don't say anything bad about it or any other song things will be okay right??

Sincerely,
One of Jester Slave's Slaves

I never said I consider them embarassment. I like all of them, Suburban Me is one of my favorites from Clayman. But if you paid attention what songs (or records) I like and what songs I do not, then it shouldn't be a surprise to you that I am a sucker for everything that's catchy and melodic. Everything Counts and Suburban Me are examples of new IF in older form. We usually only talk about how some newer songs tried to make throwbacks to the old style.

I still hate you.

(jk)

To be fair, I did say I'd only read a fragment :D I'm sure I can remember you ripping on Suburban Me's song title?

I don't have much of a problem with your last post.

Except you said I added nothing new about The Truth.

We've talked about it being played live. But I threw in a random "I don't know how they expect people to participate yelling out that shit line over and over. Cringy and embarrassing. Valid opinion.

Later I go into saying it sounds immature. Valid opinion.

If that was so random and unnecessary... Then why would me bringing up a random song off CC or ASOP be any different just because it'd be positive?

You see how you just don't want to read that other people dont like songs that you DO like? Simple thing you're not realizing.

We discussed every inch of The End... You never got tired of reading about it even when people were bashing the solo. (I actually think it's good). Not a fair comparison I know, as The Truth is liked by less than 1/3rd of people here where The End is almost unanimously liked by all. But you still never got tired of reading about how much we liked it.

You just don't like hearing stuff you like, being said by others that they DONT like. So you say they're wrong and stupid by being so "hateful". When in actuality they just don't like it.

We discuss things here. Things we both like and dislike. Sorry. Topics change and each one has a different lifespan.

Speaking of solos, I said the only thing I like about the Truth is the solo. Why am I not allowed to like just the solo?

Are you conscious that we are mentioning The Truth more than in the past days... all thanks to you?

Ok okay got it.

I forgot one.

So since we mostly all like The End...

We can talk about what we like about it alll day long right? Lots and lots of positive posts right??

As long as we don't say anything bad about it or any other song things will be okay right??

Sincerely,
One of Jester Slave's Slaves
Asking to not repeat the same shit does not equal with don't badmouth anything.
I don't think that we're bashing the truth everyday but, if we do, I think it's natural since

1. It's the more recent song.
2. Almost all of us agree on that we like the end, so it's pointless to discuss how much we like it.
3. There are no other news from the banda and se al hace agreed that the new anders' haircut is stupid. This is why de hace started throwing shit to each others.
You do realize we don't have a daily post quote to fulfill, right? It's not like we have to make at least 5 posts each day.
To be fair, I did say I'd only read a fragment :D I'm sure I can remember you ripping on Suburban Me's song title?
You are cheeky. You are the guy who takes a peek in the men's bathroom. Don't worry, sometimes I do too!

I ripped on it, because you said ASOP and SC titles were bad, which is just random, when we have songs titled like Suburban Me. I don't get how you decide that Suburban Me is a good title, but, let's say In Plain View or The Mirror's Truth is shit.

Btw IPV, didn't we have a guy here called PlainVanilla? I think he was in your hate-group too, but it's been a while I saw him. Though it took me a day to realize that only4theweak changed his avatar (the only cool thing about him) and thought he was a newcomer, lol.

I don't have much of a problem with your last post.

Except you said I added nothing new about The Truth.

We've talked about it being played live. But I threw in a random "I don't know how they expect people to participate yelling out that shit line over and over. Cringy and embarrassing. Valid opinion.

Later I go into saying it sounds immature. Valid opinion.

If that was so random and unnecessary... Then why would me bringing up a random song off CC or ASOP be any different just because it'd be positive?

You see how you just don't want to read that other people dont like songs that you DO like? Simple thing you're not realizing.

We discussed every inch of The End... You never got tired of reading about it even when people were bashing the solo. (I actually think it's good). Not a fair comparison I know, as The Truth is liked by less than 1/3rd of people here where The End is almost unanimously liked by all. But you still never got tired of reading about how much we liked it.

You just don't like hearing stuff you like, being said by others that they DONT like. So you say they're wrong and stupid by being so "hateful". When in actuality they just don't like it.

We discuss things here. Things we both like and dislike. Sorry. Topics change and each one has a different lifespan.

Speaking of solos, I said the only thing I like about the Truth is the solo. Why am I not allowed to like just the solo?
That was an okay post (the one regarding live shows). However, explain this (to which I started my comment-chain today):

Like, The End is a decent enough track to jam in my car when friends of mine who like all kinds of "heavier music" and a decent enough introductory to In Flames.

The Truth is just embarrassing and I feel, immature

What the fuck is this?

You start out by saying that TT can be showed to fans of heavier music and say that it is an okay track to try to get people into IF. Fine.

Then you just smash The truth for good measure, lol. And this post was just the last drop in the glass, obviously who the hell would care if it happened once in a while, but many of you are constantly doing this. It's almost like a signature to you. I should check into your post history on other sides of this board, maybe you close all your posts with "btw In Flames' newest single, The Truth sucks".

You are cheeky. You are the guy who takes a peek in the men's bathroom. Don't worry, sometimes I do too!

I ripped on it, because you said ASOP and SC titles were bad, which is just random, when we have songs titled like Suburban Me. I don't get how you decide that Suburban Me is a good title, but, let's say In Plain View or The Mirror's Truth is shit.

Btw IPV, didn't we have a guy here called PlainVanilla? I think he was in your hate-group too, but it's been a while I saw him. Though it took me a day to realize that only4theweak changed his avatar (the only cool thing about him) and thought he was a newcomer, lol.

Suburban Me's song title is fine and makes sense. The song is about being trapped in the suburban lifestyle, 9-5 job, wife, kids, dog etc. It's about wanting to be free of that lifestyle and do the things you want to do - hence "Suburban Me". It's a cool song and something most of us can relate to.

"I want to be the things I see
The suburban that is me
But I know I ain't that free
The suburban that is me"

Not sure how the song title can be brought into question. It's fine.

As for the hater crew, I think that's your own perception based on people not agreeing with you. I mean, sure, we hate bad music and stupid lyrics... but that's OK. It's just a case of having high standards and not blindly accepting everything new that In Flames produce. Nothing wrong with that.

If we truly were haters of "nu In Flames", would some of us like R2R, or certain songs off STYE? Would we concur that the instrumental parts of ASOP are decent but ruined by the vocals? Would we like SOAPF?

Come on, man. Enough with the generalisations.

Suburban Me's song title is fine and makes sense. The song is about being trapped in the suburban lifestyle, 9-5 job, wife, kids, dog etc. It's about wanting to be free of that lifestyle and do the things you want to do - hence "Suburban Me". It's a cool song and something most of us can relate to.

"I want to be the things I see
The suburban that is me
But I know I ain't that free
The suburban that is me"

Not sure how the song title can be brought into question. It's fine.

As for the hater crew, I think that's your own perception based on people not agreeing with you. I mean, sure, we hate bad music and stupid lyrics... but that's OK. It's just a case of having high standards and not blindly accepting everything new that In Flames produce. Nothing wrong with that.

If we truly were haters of "nu In Flames", would some of us like R2R, or certain songs off STYE? Would we concur that the instrumental parts of ASOP are decent but ruined by the vocals? Would we like SOAPF?

Come on, man. Enough with the generalisations.
Then turn it around. What is your problem with SC's and ASOP's song titles? And don't just say Monsters In The Ballroom and I Am The Highway are stupid. And before you would say titles like Delight and Angers or Drenched in Fear are cheesy, remember that SOAPF has titles like Fear Is The Weakness, which is not more creative either.

Are you conscious that we are mentioning The Truth more than in the past days... all thanks to you?
You just revealed my master plan.

Last edited:
Then turn it around. What is your problem with SC's and ASOP's song titles?

My problem is that, combined with their lyrics, they suck.

Back in the Clayman days you could be fairly confident that even if the song titles were a bit iffy you would still get some really good lyrics and incredible music. It's fair to say that nowadays that is not usually the case, depending on your standards of course. You can be quite sure that current In Flames' song titles will relate to Anders singing about how awful his life is, so generally speaking a fair judgement can be made that if the song titles read like "Disconnected", "Delight and Angers", "The Chosen Pessimist", and so on are going to lyrically read like something out of a teenage girl's diary.

That was not the case during the Clayman era. That shit only really started on R2R. It's all about context.

You would never have seen a song called "Like You Better Dead" or "Take This Life" on pre-R2R records. Those titles were far more creative and, imv at least, reflected a far more mature approach to both songwriting and lyrical content.

My problem is that, combined with their lyrics, they suck.

Back in the Clayman days you could be fairly confident that even if the song titles were a bit iffy you would still get some really good lyrics and incredible music. It's fair to say that nowadays that is not usually the case, depending on your standards of course. You can be quite sure that current In Flames' song titles will relate to Anders singing about how awful his life is, so generally speaking a fair judgement can be made that if the song titles read like "Disconnected", "Delight and Angers", "The Chosen Pessimist", and so on are going to lyrically read like something out of a teenage girl's diary.

That was not the case during the Clayman era. That shit only really started on R2R. It's all about context.

You would never have seen a song called "Like You Better Dead" or "Take This Life" on pre-R2R records. Those titles were far more creative and, imv at least, reflected a far more mature approach to both songwriting and lyrical content.
See, now it has an entirely different meaning than when you originally talked about titles, and despite me not having problems, I wouldn't have criticized you for criticizing titles.

I never liked their old lyrics, I guess I'm surprising everyone now. I still don't like lyrical themes like Paralyzed's, corrupting and polluting the world does not excite me. Sure, if they are going to write about that, then use their older, more sophisticated lyrical style.

And they have some nice lyrics post-Clayman era too. Even Take This Life, despite having a dull title, is lyrically quite sound. I'm not saying it's a poet, but if you want to write a heavy metal love song, then Take This Life is how it should be done.

edit: also, some songs I still don't quite understand, like Discover Me Like Emptiness for example.

See, now it has an entirely different meaning than when you originally talked about titles, and despite me not having problems, I wouldn't have criticized you for criticizing titles.

I never liked their old lyrics, I guess I'm surprising everyone now. I still don't like lyrical themes like Paralyzed's, corrupting and polluting the world does not excite me. Sure, if they are going to write about that, then use their older, more sophisticated lyrical style.

And they have some nice lyrics post-Clayman era too. Even Take This Life, despite having a dull title, is lyrically quite sound. I'm not saying it's a poet, but if you want to write a heavy metal love song, then Take This Life is how it should be done.

edit: also, some songs I still don't quite understand, like Discover Me Like Emptiness for example.

Sure, I'm not saying all of their lyrics post-Clayman are bad. There are plenty of songs with lyrics I really like. Minus, Dead End, Mirror's Truth, Sounds of a Playground Fading, Where the Dead Ships Dwell, Become the Sky... to name a few. My point is more that there has been a distinct shift in lyrical style and the song titles can often point towards a song that is likely to contain childish lyrics.

For me, lyrically In Flames went the opposite way, from really mature and worldly to very insular and woe-is-me. That is Anders' prerogative, of course, and there are still some songs that embrace the earlier themes. Dead End is a good example of that, some really powerful lyrics there. On the opposite end of the scale you have stuff like Transparent, Like You Better Dead, Scream, The Chosen Pessimist, Delight and Angers, and so on... which I really can't stand. A lot of these lyrics have no real value to me, they just read as "life sucks, I hate everything".

Again, it's personal choice and I get that. Some people prefer the newer lyrics and get more out of them. Some people don't give a shit about lyrics at all. That's OK. But for me, song titles are a good indication of where the lyrical content is going and I find that quite important. It's hard for me to get into a song with stupid or immature lyrics, no matter how good the actual music is. That goes for all bands, not just In Flames. It's a real pet peeve of mine.

Sure, I'm not saying all of their lyrics post-Clayman are bad. There are plenty of songs with lyrics I really like. Minus, Dead End, Mirror's Truth, Sounds of a Playground Fading, Where the Dead Ships Dwell, Become the Sky... to name a few. My point is more that there has been a distinct shift in lyrical style and the song titles can often point towards a song that is likely to contain childish lyrics.

For me, lyrically In Flames went the opposite way, from really mature and worldly to very insular and woe-is-me. That is Anders' prerogative, of course, and there are still some songs that embrace the earlier themes. Dead End is a good example of that, some really powerful lyrics there. On the opposite end of the scale you have stuff like Transparent, Like You Better Dead, Scream, The Chosen Pessimist, Delight and Angers, and so on... which I really can't stand. A lot of these lyrics have no real value to me, they just read as "life sucks, I hate everything".

Again, it's personal choice and I get that. Some people prefer the newer lyrics and get more out of them. Some people don't give a shit about lyrics at all. That's OK. But for me, song titles are a good indication of where the lyrical content is going and I find that quite important. It's hard for me to get into a song with stupid or immature lyrics, no matter how good the actual music is. That goes for all bands, not just In Flames. It's a real pet peeve of mine.

:D :D