IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Lets agree to disagree :p I have the CD and mp3 copies, and through speakers or headphones the guitars sound fine. Even if they are quieter, it's better than R2R's muddy, nasty guitars and quiet vocals at least :/ to me R2R with STYE production would have been better even. Thats how much I dislike R2R production. Clayman production would have worked best on thst album
I just wish they were a little louder in the mix is all. I don't mind the muddy guitars on R2R but you're right about the vocals. They're too low and too filtered or whatever with a crappy effect over them. Really makes it difficult to understand him and takes out a lot of the power of his vocals. Also, there's too much poor whispering on that album that is very difficult to hear.

R2R and STYE are so damn muddy. Almost like everything is slightly out of time and a fuzz filter is thrown over it at the end.
CC is amazingly clear and aggressive, I think the production is one of the things that makes that album as great as it is comparison to the others.

ASOP is just weak. Like a limp arm that tries, but has no muscle. Not sure what it is, too few guitar layers? Not enough panning? Not enough distortion?

SOAPF is the Black Album except In Flames. Very clear, wide, boomy sound. With worse production, SOAPF would have been an atrocious record. The riffs just wouldn't hold up.

Reactions: only4theweak187
I think it's going a bit far to say SOAPF would have been atrocious if the production hadn't been as good. It would be still been fine, much better than ASOP or SC. The production definitely helps the album pack a real punch and suits the songs perfectly.

It's a real shame we'll likely never hear a proper remastering of R2R. I know they technically released a "remastered" version in 2010 but it didn't fix the production issues at all, suggesting they intended for it to sound that way. At least with STYE we got the live DVD showing how awesome those songs could sound. With most of Reroute, we'll never know.

I know they technically released a "remastered" version in 2010 but it didn't fix the production issues at all, suggesting they intended for it to sound that way.

What was the difference with the original release?

What was the difference with the original release?

I think it's just bonus tracks on the CD. One of the reviewers compared the tracks to the original album and said they were identical, no change in sound quality or alterations at all.

So "rereleased" would be a more appropriate term.

I can't agree. Some of SOAPFs songs are very similar to the ones you'd find on SC, except the production actually makes them tolerable.
'Darker Times' is an excellent example of this.

Top comments in IF Facebook post for The Truth lyric video they posted earlier

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-13-17-54-45.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-13-17-54-45.png
    109.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: DE4life
It must be really frustrating for former bandmembers (Anders) to downplay your involvement in the songwriting process, when you basically carried the band on your back from TJR -> Clayman and probably for a good bit beyond.

It also seems Jesper wrote a lot of music for CC and ASOP.

I find it strange he came out and piblically shat on Anders and the band after sharing The End and saying he was proud of them. Either he is still very drunk of he is actually just a bit of a dick by putting that out publically.

Reactions: AtotheK
Or maybe he just saw that interview and got pissed off. Either way he said what everyone knows, that anders work is, in reality, studio production.

Even if it is studio production, it sounds good (at least on thr new stuff, Siren Charms not so much). To be fair after screaming in a band for 20 years it's not surprising he has blown his voice

Oh man here we go again.. I love his works,melodies but just cant understand the guy. If you wanna talk about the situation, just say what you want and close the topic. He's just passive aggressive. Last week he was proud for "The End" and for the band, now band is a "sinking ship" and he glad that he jump off it. I hope he make a statement what really happened and moves on.

Reactions: AtotheK
That sounds good, but that's not what music is about, isn't it? To sound good at studio but being "not that good" when singing live.

Anders have been using producers for his vocals since r2r for one reason. It was clear in the making ofs of the previous albums and it has been said by their new producer. He needs the help from others.

Oh man here we go again.. I love his works,melodies but just cant understand the guy. If you wanna talk about the situation, just say what you want and close the topic. He's just passive aggressive. Last week he was proud for "The End" and for the band, now band is a "sinking ship" and he glad that he jump off it. I hope he make a statement what really happened and moves on.

I think that is hard to live with all that pressure.