IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

A comment on Facebook regarding the new drummer getting signed to Pearl Drums: "I just listened to Through Obliviion live from that Gothenborg live track. Listen to it and pay attention how great his timing and flawlessness is influencing the song overall. It sounds amazing. Joe Rickard for In Flames? Fuck yeah!!"
But he was not on that show. That shows how some of the fans behave regarding the band.

But he was not on that show. That shows how some of the fans behave regarding the band.
Well that's just because it's casual fans who are following IF on Facebook, along with 500 other pages, so it's not weird that people missed everything about a new drummer. When he got announced there was a bunch of comments saying they didnt even know Daniel left the band a year ago lol. Not everyone is folllowing the bands like some of us others.

Well that's just because it's casual fans who are following IF on Facebook, along with 500 other pages, so it's not weird that people missed everything about a new drummer. When he got announced there was a bunch of comments saying they didnt even know Daniel left the band a year ago lol. Not everyone is folllowing the bands like some of us others.
Right, but this dude made it seem like he is all about this guy and actively follows the band. That's the irony here.

Yep, you must be right.

I watched a rant about the new I'm Flames earlier, and the dude literally said that The End was pandering to Nickelback amd Shinedown fans. are we all listrning to the same song? Nickelback or Shinedown would never record a song like that. Whether you like it or not, The End (unlike the truth) has a strong post Clayman In Flames vibe, it is very much an 'In Flames' song. (ok the choir in the chorus is divisive and I'm yet to pass judgement on it, but exept from that...)

Reactions: Seppo91
The End is certainly not a sell-out radio bullshit song like Shinedown or whomever. Because it has screams and is still too "heavy" for that.

That song "let it go" by Nothing More is on rock radio though and does have screams, so maybe I'm wrong. But they're mostly a rock band anyways.

Still, The End is just above that level. Its just the industry standard for modernized metal music that a lot of "younger" bands are doing. Song structure and extras (i.e. kids choir, simple catchiness, vocal effects, etc. etc.)

In Flames are capable of more than that however, but, do what you wanna do.

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
I don't understand. I saw there's a new Metallica video, 2M views, likes are dominating, the comments are hailing the return of true Metallica, etc. Woow, I'm all hyped up, 6 minutes, let's fucking go babyyyyyyyyy!!

6 minutes of the biggest fucking garbage I've listened in the last 5 years. At least Hardwired was hectic, like some cheap copy of Frantic, but what the fuck. Their newest single is just boring, uninspired and lame.

Okay, firsts first: Kirk's solo is fucking amazing, I give you that. But everything else... Just imagine how you would feel yourself, if when songs from Siren Charms were released, everyone would've said things like "yeah, finally the good IF returned" and such. What the fuck.

I'm so pissed. I'm afraid to, but going to watch some "hardcore 'Talica" fans' songs reaction to this as well and you know what? I'm fucking going to cringe my way through that 6 minutes, while they act over the top, jump up and down and headbang like it's the second coming of Jesus Christ. THAT SONG IS FUCKING BLAND AS FUCK, WTF. WHAT THE FUCK.

I'd be fine with people being OK with it, or hell, like it if you want, but jesus, if you could not see the title, just the comments, you'd think it's a pre-90s Metallica song. St. Anger has a bunch of better songs than this, so let me not even go to MoP.

The IF hate on FB and Youtube is funny, it's only annoying when sometimes you guys try to make more out of it than it is, but this is some next level annoyance for me. Some guy wrote on Youtube that it's just an okay song, don't see what's all the fuss is about, and the most upvoted comment is "Said no one ever." Like, imagine the same fucking autistic retards who hate on IF on social media, except this time they are defending stuff.

6 minutes of the biggest fucking garbage I've listened in the last 5 years. At least Hardwired was hectic, like some cheap copy of Frantic, but what the fuck. Their newest single is just boring, uninspired and lame.

Agreed. Metallica just sounds as if they're trying to be Metallica.

By now, the two singles sound as discards from the previous album.

"That is an epic chorus, holy crap!" - XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

"Those fuckin' harmonies!" - being an IF fan, it's especially funny seeing someone drool over such bullshit harmonies, haha.

"This is going to be my new favorite Metallica album of all time. I can already tell." - from two mediocre songs. good for you, idiot.

"" - this guy is the biggest fucking joke of them all, the overreaction is amazing, but more importantly, his girlfriends' only value next to him is that you can close your eyes and imagine boob-fucking her. Other than that, you might as well replace her with some plants.

*girls sees the animated moth and goes "woooo"* - lmao, how low the bar had been set...

"I'm feeling this song." - go die

"Oh God. My Mind is blown. Great video. I love the TV and the moths!" *furious headbanging* "[...] explosive, loud, exciting. gets you moving, gets you pumped!" *imitates drumming* - ..............

Once again, the overreaction is so fucking shameful. And they dig the fucking chorus!!!!!!

Whatever, at least Korn's new record shaping up to be a nice one, though they recently released third single is pretty meh.

Whatever, at least Korn's new record shaping up to be a nice one, though they recently released third single is pretty meh.

I was expecting much more from the new Korn song when I saw Corey Taylor featuring it. But like you said it's just meh. I love the Insane though.

About Metallica, altough I'm not a fan of band; I liked second single much more than the other. Harmonies didnt impress me (duh, IF fan here), but chorus fine. Overall I can give 6.5/10 to song.

As we getting close to album release, I'm so hyped for the new IF album. Even though we have "something" called The Truth, The End is pretty solid for me. I like the album title even though its simple, something I can relate to in this days. Hoping we can hear another track soon.

Oh just fuck off Jester Slave.

You somehow like modern In Flames, but metallica puts out the best song they've done in years and years-- and it's "shit"-- and you mock reaction vidoes.

Moth into Flame is an excellent song.

You listening to Korn explains everything.

Oh just fuck off Jester Slave.

You somehow like modern In Flames, but metallica puts out the best song they've done in years and years-- and it's "shit"-- and you mock reaction vidoes.

Moth into Flame is an excellent song.

You listening to Korn explains everything.
Same goes to you liking that mediocre song. Basic chop-chop-chopping away with all the instruments, sad excuse for a melodic chorus, one goddamn good solo by Kirk and all of this unnecessary lengthened so it's 6 minutes and not 4, because it's Metallica, hell yeah!!

What is your argument about years and years anyway? In the last ~18 years they released two record, St. Anger and Death Magnetic, so saying it's the best song in ~18 years doesn't mean all that much - if it were true to begin with.

It is mind-boggling to me that you let yourself deepthroated by this shitty """"melodic"""" song, yet you have such a hard time grasping the good qualities in modern In Flames.

But hey, at the end of the day I sleep better that some people who bash new IF actually liking Moth into Flame. Right now I'm hoping you guys will absolutely detest Battles, because it would mean it's going to be a helluva good record.

PS.: Korn's last record was extremely good, but hey, let's act like it's 2000 and hating Korn will make you some sort of genius.
Haha Jester Slave
Dudette, you better shut up with Lunar Strains. Which, funnily enough, has better songs on it than Moth into Flame.

I missed the Sounds from Gethenburg blahblah discussion, but my quick 5 cents:

- Some songs are really good. For instance: Fear is The Weakness, Through Oblivion, Dead Ship, Mirror's Truth
- Paralyzed is shit, wtf. The album version is better. He's singing it better, that's true.
- Some songs, like Only For The Weak are exceptionally shit.
- When The Word Explodes is officially their shittiest track ever. Jesus.
- I can't listen to Deliver Us, because the way Anders is singing it, it sounds like he is literally tearing his throat apart. I still don't know if it's good or bad, but it sounds extremely painful.

Overall it's meh. Highlight is probably Through Oblivion for me, because we will have a version where we can hear the drums properly.