IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

In Flames have never been a guitar solo band though in my opinion, they've never been shredders and I think they've said it themselves. There are some really good ones though, like OFTW, Come Clarity, The Hive, Bullet Ride etc...December Flower solo is up there too but it's not written by them so I don't count it.

In my defense you were saying 2:08 not 2:17, so I didn't listen onwards when the vocals came on, but I can hear some similarity between the 2:17-2:26 part even though it's kinda hard to hear beneath the drums and vocals. But the ending melody thing of the riff doesn't sound similar IMO, only the rhythm part somewhat similar, definitely wouldn't call it STOLEN or COPIED like you did though. There's absolutely no similarity between 2:08-2:17 though like you stated, at least in my opinion.
All right, I put a little edit in my original post, as 2:17 is more audible, though it's basically almost the same to me as 2:08, just less powerful.

It is so copied and stolen that when I was checking up your suggested timestamp of 2:17, I actually got lost which song I am listening to. I kept switching back and forth from 2:17(ITH) and 1:57(ITM), and I was like those little children who see identical twins the first time.

I am willing to go even further! Some people can run songs through programs which creates those... pictures. I bet if someone would do that, the beginning of these riffs would be nearly identical on that graph.
Well, I don't think they've stolen riffs from old albums...it's stupid . In flames lost their power long time ago and they are trying ,, something new" because they know that their ideas are done but honestly i still love their new sound
You managed to write something without actually saying anything. Is that a gift of yours?

In Flames have never been a guitar solo band though in my opinion, they've never been shredders and I think they've said it themselves. There are some really good ones though, like OFTW, Come Clarity, The Hive, Bullet Ride etc...December Flower solo is up there too but it's not written by them so I don't count it.
True. So why force it?

I don't think that, in these days, it is needed or required for bands to keep on playing solos unless they totally feel it. They could do some cool melodies here and there and people would be fine about it.

In their defense if they didn’t have solos the fans would shit all over them (STYE). And they know that.

Bjorn should at the very least limit his solos to appropriate songs. At the moment it's like he's contractually obligated to insert a solo at the three quarter mark of every song they write.

Reactions: eochaid
In their defense if they didn’t have solos the fans would shit all over them (STYE). And they know that.
I don't think so. They have some good songs with no solo at all. And today's fans would never shit on anything that they do.

Yeah I think it depends on bands and their style, In Flames has never done the type of songs where you need flashy solos, they're much more of a melody band. I mean I love nice shredding solos with sweeps and shit but I think In Flames does the slow melodic solos much better, like in Crawl Through Knives, it's so simply but it sounds so good IMO. But if we're talking stuff like Children of Bodom or Wintersun then you expect the flashy solos and they're great too.

There are bands that never does solos to, like Gojira, I don't think they've ever done one on a song. But then again they don't play melodic music, it's much more groove and rhythm oriented.

Since we're talking about similar riffs/solos I noticed a while back that the last 2 seconds of the Paralyzed solo sounds similar to a part of the Evil in a Closet solo.

Yeah I think it depends on bands and their style, In Flames has never done the type of songs where you need flashy solos, they're much more of a melody band. I mean I love nice shredding solos with sweeps and shit but I think In Flames does the slow melodic solos much better, like in Crawl Through Knives, it's so simply but it sounds so good IMO. But if we're talking stuff like Children of Bodom or Wintersun then you expect the flashy solos and they're great too.

There are bands that never does solos to, like Gojira, I don't think they've ever done one on a song. But then again they don't play melodic music, it's much more groove and rhythm oriented.
One of my favourites is that from borders and shading and it's a simple melodic piece.

Sunny day in California at the record Studio, Anders and Howard discuss many topics including Krofius' restraining order, whilst Bjorn plays PlayStation in the adjacent room.

Anders: Ok, our latest song is finished, sounds pretty cool.

Howard: Good. You remember to put Bjorn's solo in there?

Anders: Do we have to?

Howard: Yes. It's in the contract. You know this.

Anders: -sighs- Bjorn!

Bjorn: What? I'm playing Tekken.

Anders: We forgot the solo.

Bjorn: Oh okay, hold on a second. -runs into recording room and comes out about a minute later- OK, done.

Anders: Same as usual?

Bjorn: Yep.

Anders: Great.

Howard: And the fans will eat it up, because after all, IN FLAMES WE TRUST. -evil laughter-

They are more cognizant of fan perception and reception than you might think.

All Anders image stuff is based on virtue signaling to a younger crowd. He thinks hard about this. But he still hits the older guys through craft brewing and all that.

Bjorn is the same. He realizes that IF is based on their “guitar hero” past and having solos will maintain a ton of rock and metal fans and shows he is a serious musician. Plus he worships old school rock where solos were also very important.

They are smart and realize it’s a balance. Sometimes it is better to just show up and do an OK job, better than not showing up at all. Yeah to us we don’t like that. But they are hitting 90% or something of their potential fan base or however you quantify success.

I still remember that Hungarian interview with Björn where he said he is not comfortable with solos, as he is not a solo guy, but he has to do it since Jesper left. For someone who is not a solo guy, he puts out an awful lot of solos.
This song ,, I, the Mask " is just like ,, ouch right in the feels
What does that even mean. Right in the feels, because it's so bad? Right i nthe feels because you can 200% relate, and it is so much about you that you are in the verge of breaking down in tears?