IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Maybe it's all an conspiracy to you. I don't know how many times they're going to have to say they're doing what they want and writing the music they like for you to believe them, probably never I'd say.
Wasn't Bjorn the one who wrote cool death metal riffs for SC that never made it into the album? Lol.

Krofius just got triggered :D you know he's lost his rag when he starts resorting to personal insults. Poor form Krofi-kun and I won't respond in kind. In your keyboard mashing rage you did spectacularly miss the point of my post though, so congratulations on that.
Well it was a incredibly stupid post so I wouldn't call it a personal insult. Also I didn't miss the point at all.
Wasn't Bjorn the one who wrote cool death metal riffs for SC that never made it into the album? Lol.
Except it did make it on the album, it's the verse riff in Everything's Gone, your memory is getting bad, old man!

The opening of Voices reminds me of this masterpiece:

(No, this is not a plagiarism accusation, I am aware that this is some very basic riffing, just putting it out there as a trivia)

Yeah, Niclas could write some new stuff. Maybe Bjorn and Anders have been hoping Jesper would come back. If Niclas doesn’t write anything it’s easier to let him go when Jesper is ready.

Yeah, Niclas could write some new stuff. Maybe Bjorn and Anders have been hoping Jesper would come back. If Niclas doesn’t write anything it’s easier to let him go when Jesper is ready.
Jesper's redemption arc? Finally an anime reference even Krofius can be wishful for? Fingers crossed.

Well it was a incredibly stupid post so I wouldn't call it a personal insult. Also I didn't miss the point at all.

You did on both counts, but it's OK, I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed.

Man, if you start saying stuff like that Krofius really is going to explode :D

Wow Slave, seeing you like this makes me sad. Its sad to see you go but you were dragging us Anders Manlove crew down.

I liked Voices a bit better when I first heard 2 songs but now I'm really enjoying I the Mask. I love the riff at the chorus of I the Mask, when Anders says "here I am" there's an awesome riff behind it, dont miss that out!

Except it did make it on the album, it's the verse riff in Everything's Gone, your memory is getting bad, old man!
Someone here mentioned Niclas saying how the album was going to be very death metal and that everything changed in the end. Maybe you should take a look a what people writes.

Here is for you to read.

Speaking of SC... if SOAPF was "Björn's album" and Battles "the producer's album" you could say SC was "Anders's album". He had a big influence on the album's final sound. There's an interview with Niclas and Björn, where Niclas says that when Björn first presented the demos to the band he was surprised at how raw and heavy they sounded, and Björn continues by saying they used to laugh about how some of the songs were "really, really death metal" in the beginning. But that was before Anders got involved. Björn says the atmosphere of some songs changed a lot from the initial demos, and that he was uneasy about Anders's soft, mellow vocal melodies and classic rock influences at first before coming to the conclusion the songs actually sound better that way.

The entire interview is at https://www.inferno.fi/uutiset/miehet-jotka-soittavat-rockia-haastattelussa-flames/ if someone wants to try it with Google translate.

Ok. Not death metal but heavy. Now go and tell me that they (all of them) do the music that they want to do.

Someone here mentioned Niclas saying how the album was going to be very death metal and that everything changed in the end. Maybe you should take a look a what people writes.
I don't know what you're talking about, I just know that the florida death metal riff that Björn wrote for SC is Everything's Gone. If it was Niclas, Anders or Björn who said it I don't remember.
Here is for you to read.
Ok. Not death metal but heavy. Now go and tell me that they (all of them) do the music that they want to do.
Wow writing the instrumentals, and then when another person joins which happens to be the vocalist, the songs take another form and change in sound? That's weird /s

And that's not the interview I'm talking about either, it's a different one. Also notice how Björn says he felt weird at first but then he said they sounded better, must be because Anders the dictator hypnotized Björn into liking the songs.

I don't know what you're talking about, I just know that the florida death metal riff that Björn wrote for SC is Everything's Gone. If it was Niclas, Anders or Björn who said it I don't remember.

Speaking of SC... if SOAPF was "Björn's album" and Battles "the producer's album" you could say SC was "Anders's album". He had a big influence on the album's final sound. There's an interview with Niclas and Björn, where Niclas says that when Björn first presented the demos to the band he was surprised at how raw and heavy they sounded, and Björn continues by saying they used to laugh about how some of the songs were "really, really death metal" in the beginning. But that was before Anders got involved. Björn says the atmosphere of some songs changed a lot from the initial demos, and that he was uneasy about Anders's soft, mellow vocal melodies and classic rock influences at first before coming to the conclusion the songs actually sound better that way.

The entire interview is at https://www.inferno.fi/uutiset/miehet-jotka-soittavat-rockia-haastattelussa-flames/ if someone wants to try it with Google translate.

I love the riff at the chorus of I the Mask, when Anders says "here I am" there's an awesome riff behind it, dont miss that out!

Yeah, the guitars in the chorus are what makes it so good to me. It flows like butter. Cut out Anders and have a lead guitar playing his vocal melodies instead and you’ve got vintage In Flames, I think.

Not that I’d cut Anders out, personally, I think he sounds fine here.

Modern IF riffs are just Engel son
Also notice how Björn says he felt weird at first but then he said they sounded better, must be because Anders the dictator hypnotized Björn into liking the songs.
it’s possible, it’s called exposure therapy. It’s also called being a team player. Bjorn is pretty chill, the reason why he’s still around is because he doesn’t fight with Anders.

Yeah, the guitars in the chorus are what makes it so good to me. It flows like butter. Cut out Anders and have a lead guitar playing his vocal melodies instead and you’ve got vintage In Flames, I think.

Not that I’d cut Anders out, personally, I think he sounds fine here.
I fucking love the 0:19-0:28 part, really like the lead guitar melody with the pounding drums.

Reactions: ThePhobiac