IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

In my defense I am already a bit tipsy, so just to be clear: I don't hate anyone in particular, I hate everyone equally. Except Krofius, because he randomly says some smart stuff I would have never known otherwise, and ciko, because he is just an innocent soul and I honestly have no idea why is he tormenting himself with you guys.
I'm actually bad looking, but I am funny. It's me in my profile picture btw
All right dude, you are trolling me. That's Anders.

Right?

.... ?

Well, she was joking. The whole debate was pointless, but I am not taking back what I said in general speaking. You can learn each person's limits by getting to know him...and you can tell when something is just too much.
As for Sister, she is obviously a troll, I am not gonna take her seriously again and I will just ignore her replies...as I will do with JS everytime he gets so irrational.

Last edited:
Let's finish this stupid debate. Maybe let's talk about Anders Friděn screams again and his clean vocals. What do you think about his skills? :)

And how am I supposed to learn each person's limits without engaging with them? You act like I told her straight from the get go that she should take a bath with a plugged in toaster (don't do it btw because the toaster may not work properly after that), when in reality I told her that her memes were forced, and she was constantly off-topic, despite 4 songs being out now.

And what do you know, she dropped some serious replies about the songs before going back to trolling, so I was satisfied. The discussion about girls and humor (which is true btw) was just some random bullshit like the Bible the other day.

Reactions: eochaid
Let's finish this stupid debate. Maybe let's talk about Anders Friděn screams again and his clean vocals. What do you think about his skills? :)

His screams make my skeleton tingle in a good way.

I don't think he can sing well, but I like the guy, he is trying his best. He has good intentions and he has my support.

You got this man!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Ilias7
Speaking of guys with fucking amazing screams but weird cleans:

This band is fucking excellent but his cleans are such an acquired taste.

So, let's get back to In Flames. I noticed that a main difference between choruses from the new songs and the ones from Battles is that they have some good riffs behind the vocals instead of simple power-chords ( House is excluded). Maybe that's why they sound less epic, but there are also more interesting to me.

Also, Slave was right about the pre-chorus of I,the Mask. There is no harmonization, it's just lead guitar on top of some riffage.My bad there. But I still can't see how it's the same with the End. I even tried to sing the end's lyrics on top of it as some of you suggested. Only the first line fitted and not exactly right. It's different tempo and different notes.

Reactions: ThePhobiac
Friděn has something special in his voice , he is not a good singer but he can put some emotions to his voice, also his screams are quite peculiar. Now he's trying to sounds like Jared Leto a little bit

Reactions: Vermyn
Yeah, I've always liked his clean vocals, especially in the 00's. Especially on Reroute. And he sounds awesome on Passenger. No other singer sounds like him, which is one of the reasons In Flames stands out to me among other metal bands.

He's lost a bit of that on Battles and I, the Mask. I'm okay with Leto but Anders shouldn't try to sound like him, lol.

Yeah, I've always liked his clean vocals, especially in the 00's. Especially on Reroute. And he sounds awesome on Passenger. No other singer sounds like him, which is one of the reasons In Flames stands out to me among other metal bands.

He's lost a bit of that on Battles and I, the Mask. I'm okay with Leto but Anders shouldn't try to sound like him, lol.
Well i know that you guys probably hate Leto but his voice is really good too in my opinion

Anders is limited as a singer, but he is doing his best always and he hasn't stop improving. He took vocal lessons before recording Battles and ITM. His screams are better than ever before in the last years and I am glad he finally used some growls in studio. His cleans are not so good without autotune support, but he has a very distinctive voice...and that's why there are no In Flames without him for me.
( He is also the singer who introduced me to screams...His harsh vocal weren't so bad in my ears as other vocalists, when I first started listening to this kind of music)

Anders is limited as a singer, but he is doing his best always and he hasn't stop improving. He took vocal lessons before recording Battles and ITM. His screams are better than ever before in the last years and I am glad he finally used some growls in studio. His cleans are not so good without autotune support, but he has a very distinctive voice...and that's why there are no In Flames without him for me.
( He is also the singer who introduced me to screams...His harsh vocal weren't so bad in my ears as other vocalists, when I first started listening to this kind of music)

Yeah, I remember seeing "Cloud Connected" for the first time on Headbanger's Ball in 2004 and I was really blown away. My thought afterward was "that singer was kind of nerdy, but holy shit his screams were really powerful." I was listening to Korn, Slipknot, Adema, Disturbed, and Static X at the time so it was a big revelation.

Yeah that's one of my favorite parts of the song, very good vocals combined with the lead guitar in the background. All For Me is one of my favorites on SOAPF together with Where the Dead Ships Dwell & Fear is the Weakness.
In my defense I am already a bit tipsy, so just to be clear: I don't hate anyone in particular, I hate everyone equally. Except Krofius, because he randomly says some smart stuff I would have never known otherwise, and ciko, because he is just an innocent soul and I honestly have no idea why is he tormenting himself with you guys.

All right dude, you are trolling me. That's Anders.

Right?

.... ?
No that's me lmao, you thought that was Anders the whole time?

Last edited:
"Who am I..."
Dut-duh-dehduhduhduh-dooooooooooo-doo-duh-duh-dutdut
"So many faces..."
Dut-doot-DUT-DUT-DUUUUT-DUUUUT
"Dressed in rags for all to see"
Dutdutdutdutdutdut
"HEEERE I AAAAAAAAM"
"In the MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHSK"
"BUT AT LEAST I FEEL SOMETHING"

"Who am I..."
Dut-duh-dehduhduhduh-dooooooooooo-doo-duh-duh-dutdut
"So many faces..."
"Dressed in rags for all to see"
Dutdutdutdutdutdut
"HEEERE I AAAAAAAAM"
"In the MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHSK"
"BUT AT LEAST I FEEL SOMETHING"
Haha dont steal my style of writing posts :rofl:

I'm glad you guys got your shit ironed out, bloody hell :D some of you would not have survived the pre-SOAPF days.

Anders' cleans were at their best when they were raw and natural, like on Reroute and to a lesser extent STYE. They sound OK on CC too, although at that point we're starting to seriously get into Autotune/ProTools territory. That said I thought the song Come Clarity really showcased Anders' weaknesses as a clean vocalist on that album, as the vocals have never sounded good at all to my ears. Obviously instrumentally it's a very cool track.

His current cleans are barely tolerable to me. I don't like them much. His screams/growls however are at least the best they've been since SOAPF, maybe even CC.

Reactions: mindd
Anders clearly used auto-tune to reach a lot of notes he couldn't each otherwise since Siren Charms. On I, The Mask you can really hear it. It doesn't sound natural at all.