IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Niclas wrote most of Wallflower? No wonder it reminded me of Passenger, musically.

Personally I think Niclas is a really good songwriter, and I was excited when I heard that he’d be writing for Battles. Sucks that his contributions were diluted by Benson and the SiriusXM Octane crowd.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but DL 2006 wasn't the last IF show I attended :D I went to at least three shows after that and was always front row, showing my support as a true IF JesterHead (weird name now that I think about it).

I think the last time I saw them was 2010. It was really weird. They started off playing TCP in full which was just enraging, but in the same set played Satellites & Astronauts and TJR, neither of which I ever thought I'd hear live, so that was pretty awesome.

It was kind of like the band walked into my living room, all took a shit on the floor, then handed me tickets for a month long tropical holiday. It's like, thanks for the gift, that's really cool, but I wish you didn't shit on my floor when you walked in.

Niclas wrote most of Wallflower? No wonder it reminded me of Passenger, musically.

Personally I think Niclas is a really good songwriter, and I was excited when I heard that he’d be writing for Battles. Sucks that his contributions were diluted by Benson and the SiriusXM Octane crowd.
Niclas is also, as Anders, a fan of pop music. So don't expect him to go fullmetal in a band that's not his own.

Last edited:
I still haven’t heard Voices so I can’t say much. But from that reddit review there might not a “next song”. I bet the full album is next.

Well that nuclear blast thingy showed Bryn being released on 8th of Feb, so its whether it'll leak before then

Edit: BRYN? BURN! XD

Trying to find an old early/mid-2000's post here on ultimatemetal.com, probably from the Dark Tranquillity board, in which one guy was talking about how In Flames was becoming a pop band "like RIHANNA and SENTENCED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Those two examples put together still slays me today. Classic post. Gone forever in the abyss...

I found ONE mention of Rihanna here in the In Flames boards, and guess who was talking shit about our precious In Flames musicians on that page? That's right, it was that scalawag DE4life, doing his sacred duty.

DEspicable...

Well that nuclear blast thingy showed Bryn being released on 8th of Feb, so its whether it'll leak before then

Edit: BRYN? BURN! XD

Yea I’m thinking prolly 1-1.5 weeks we should get it. Was surprised to see that voices leaked with I, the mask. I wonder if we will have a similar scenario with Burn.

Sentenced was good, especially the poppy stuff stuff like Cold White Light. Too bad the main guy died.

Someone in that Reddit thread says he was also at the listening event for I, the Mask and he said he really dug it (he got into them around Colony and Clayman). Apparently there's one song that references a bunch of old In Flames songs in the lyrics, like Ordinary Story and Colony.

Be warned, friends: In Flames are about to ruin your memories of the good old songs by tainting them with their new sound. ;)

It sounds cool. I'm hyped.

Apparently there's one song that references a bunch of old In Flames songs in the lyrics, like Ordinary Story and Colony.

Be warned, friends: In Flames are about to ruin your memories of the good old songs by tainting them with their new sound. ;)

The theme of the album so far seems to be recycling their old music, so why stop at just riffs, right?

Non-IF, but this is one of my favourite MDM tracks from the early 00's.

It's a shame Skyfire always remained pretty obscure. They were fucking awesome.

Reactions: Ilias7
Someone in that Reddit thread says he was also at the listening event for I, the Mask and he said he really dug it (he got into them around Colony and Clayman). Apparently there's one song that references a bunch of old In Flames songs in the lyrics, like Ordinary Story and Colony.

It sounds cool. I'm hyped.
Interesting, so maybe the Square Nothing solo was a conscious (but misguided) decision.