IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

You think they'll dig Save Me or Through My Eyes?

I get your points, but In Flames is not reaching any further than Rise Against folks with they latest records. For pop/techno/indie guys it probably might as well be Cannibal Corpse.

Ropes is a power ballad. People can fall in love with DT's Time Out of Place, but that doesn't really mean they aim for that audience, having Encircled or Proof of Life on the same album.

Sure, they're much more approachable for people outside of metal with Battles than Whoracle, but still nowhere really close to being Nickelback.

I don't know. I see battles as an Alt-rock album. It just lacked media support to become popular between the regular listeners. There's nothing there that might repel someone who's not into metal.

It's hard to pinpoint them into any subgenre in particular but the lighter parts in their songs do sound a bit like some post hardcore or metalcore stuff.

So you think that non-metal listeners will like Trigger or take this life?
I don't just think, since I know many who do. Within the boundaries of metal, they are extremely commercial. Just because it's Headstrong by Trapt, it can be still a commercial metal track.

Battles is by far IF most commercial record for me. Not even close. They've made other commercial sounding songs, yes, but not an album so blatantly geared towards mainstream acceptance as Battles is.

http://loudwire.com/meet-howard-benson-producer-making-bands-hit-machines/

The fact IF are even dealing with somebody like this should give a pretty solid indication of where they want to go as a band.

Reactions: eochaid
I don't just think, since I know many who do. Within the boundaries of metal, they are extremely commercial. Just because it's Headstrong by Trapt, it can be still a commercial metal track.
Maybe Hungary is a more open minded country than spain.

I'm not arguing that Battles is a whole different level of commercial. Just stating how bullshit it sounds that someone needs to show IF how to create approachable music. Look at fucking DT, you hear that screech of a sound they are trying to sell you as singing, and you are instantly nope-ing out from it.

Speaking of Battles, I just love the chorus of Before I Fall. First chorus is normal but second one with Anders singing "I wont let gooooOOOOooo" part on the back, just loving it. Battles is better from SC for sure at least for me anyway. :D

Reactions: galvanized
Listen dammit. SC is the record you pop in on a rainy day. Existential crisis? Grilfriend dumped you and took the kids? Hit your toenail in the drawer? SC time.

Battles is more of a casual record. But I agree, TT, TE, In my Room, Before I Fall and Wallflower are pretty good songs.

Reactions: galvanized
Before I Fall was my favourite off Battles for a while, but in retrospect it's very generic. The auto tune on Anders voice on the chorus annoys me more now than it did back then too.

I'll leave the raising kids stuff to Eochaid :D looking after myself is a full time job, let alone mini versions of me.

Yep. You can do it if you try. Being abandoned by girlfriends isn't also old people's privilege.
Well you kinda can't be ugly, so it's really hard. At least when you are older, it usually makes men look better, plus at that age, people are willing to settle with something worse.

It’s hard for me to believe IF pays someone to talk to them like that.

As for Niclas...

In regards to Niclas: since he sort of smoothly transitioned from stand-in guitarist to full-time, I think it's safe to say he realizes that this is mainly Bjorn and Anders' project. But he's energetic live to make up for whatever lack of writing contributions he makes. I don't see how it makes him apathetic or without ambition at all (doesn't he have a thousand sideprojects he already writes for?).
Well that’s what I’m saying. If you’re content to just tour and not write isn’t that the definition of unambitious? Everyone hates on Bryce and Joe because they don’t do shit but Niclas is in the same position. Touring with IF takes a ton of his time and energy that he could be applying to his other projects. That’s why I really want to know how much money they are making that he can be content with that.

I sincerely do not understand the overwhelming hate for "Through My Eyes" that song is fucking brutal. While I agree with everyone that the mixing is far from superb, it blends together in such a way that even the auto-tune contributes to the song. The guitar work in the chorus and pre-chorus is really melodic and heavy especially towards the end "Want you to know what it was LIKEEEEEE, then maybee youu understaaaaaand" . Also the drums in the last 30-40 sec have a really nice build-up to that explosive outro-intro. By far my favorite song on Battles but I wish more people appreciated it.