IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Let's start at the beginning... The riff is a bit boring, and when coupled with the drums just isn't very interesting. The verses sound awful, the riff is just bad, Anders is way too loud and the lyrics seem more obnoxious than normal because of it. The prechorus is the one bit I like as it is fairly good, until the in a world we swore to prote-eeeeect" but where the auto tune is awful, and it's so clearly cut between 2 takes its hilarious. The chorus is just cheese autotuned crap but isn't the worst thing they've done. The bridge before the solo is great. Solo is mixed way too loud and is lazy. Throughout the entire song I enjoy the prechoruses and the bridge, but the rest of the song is so awfully uninspiring, poorly mixed, and just bad that the song is unlistenable, and it's not brutal in any way.

Edit: The Chorus of The Truth is more brutal than TME, because at least its done with conviction

Hmm perhaps it really comes down to differing tastes; I personally think it has the strongest chorus on Battles but I wholeheartedly agree that the solo is way too loud and it just sounds weird. IMO, the intro riff in The Truth is the most obnoxious riff In Flames have ever made. While I don't really have an issue with the song, I usually skip it when it appears on shuffle because it's just not that special. In contrast, I think House is actually a very decent song. Once you get past the "Battles - Truth" vibe it gives out and that horrific intro, the rest of the song is really good. I especially like the chorus and how theres a little guitar melody after he says "fight for our lives.." I still think it's the weakest of the 4 songs so far, but I'm very optimistic for this album. Perhaps the people on this forum may not trust my judgment at all since my favorite albums are R2R and STYE. Nevertheless, I think that SOAPF, SC, Battles, and probably I, The Mask, all lack that tenacious vibe that IF had in previous albums. While I still love each new song and I have no problem with any of the albums mentioned, I just miss that intensity that R2R offered :(.

Top 5 IF songs:
1. Dawn of a New Day
2. Dismiss the Cynics (IMO their most underrated song ever)
3. Zombie. Inc
4. March to the Shore
5. I Am Above

Notable mentions
Superhero of the Computer Rage, Dark Signs, Dead Alone, Disconnected, Through My Eyes, The Hive,

I'm probably gonna get crucified by all of you on this forum because of this list, but its an honest man's opinion

Best Chorus on Battles has to be Before I Fall or Us Against The World (Underrated song, one of the only songs that retains that IF vibe but ith the "L.A. touche, like The End)

Top 5 IF songs, shit thats a hard one... it probably changes depending on my mood but let's give it a go. I ant to see a full on roasting session all round for everyones picks. These will have to be in no particular order

-Ropes
-Metaphor
-Goliaths Disarm Their Davids (I was so close to choosing December Flower though...)
-With Eyes Wide Open
-Evil In A Closet

I know thats a really eclectic choice of songs but hey, they're all great

honourable mentions go to
-OFTW, Take This Life, A New Dawn, Dead Alone, Episode 666, Embody The Invisible, Tilt, Alias. the list goes on....

Thats a very interesting list (definitely wouldve agreed more with December Flower and yes Us Against the World is a superb track, I also really like Greatest Greed
I personally think that "I Am Above" is their best song in the past 15 years (Fully aware that it's a stretch but I just went through their albums and it was incredibly difficult because I really like the stuff on ASOP, but I'm convinced that this song is an absolute masterpiece; I'm in love with the bridge and the solo, it really has a chaotic vibe)

I sincerely do not understand the overwhelming hate for "Through My Eyes" that song is fucking brutal.
To be fair, I don't remember the song. But I'm pretty sure that it can't be worst than the truth or this is our house.

Hmm perhaps it really comes down to differing tastes; I personally think it has the strongest chorus on Battles but I wholeheartedly agree that the solo is way too loud and it just sounds weird. IMO, the intro riff in The Truth is the most obnoxious riff In Flames have ever made. While I don't really have an issue with the song, I usually skip it when it appears on shuffle because it's just not that special. In contrast, I think House is actually a very decent song. Once you get past the "Battles - Truth" vibe it gives out and that horrific intro, the rest of the song is really good. I especially like the chorus and how theres a little guitar melody after he says "fight for our lives.." I still think it's the weakest of the 4 songs so far, but I'm very optimistic for this album. Perhaps the people on this forum may not trust my judgment at all since my favorite albums are R2R and STYE. Nevertheless, I think that SOAPF, SC, Battles, and probably I, The Mask, all lack that tenacious vibe that IF had in previous albums. While I still love each new song and I have no problem with any of the albums mentioned, I just miss that intensity that R2R offered :(.

Top 5 IF songs:
1. Dawn of a New Day
2. Dismiss the Cynics (IMO their most underrated song ever)
3. Zombie. Inc
4. March to the Shore
5. I Am Above

Notable mentions
Superhero of the Computer Rage, Dark Signs, Dead Alone, Disconnected, Through My Eyes, The Hive,

I'm probably gonna get crucified by all of you on this forum because of this list, but its an honest man's opinion
No. It's ok. You don't have to share our tastes, even if we are right and you're wrong for chosing something post soapf :p.

Jestersdoor list is worse :D.

No. It's ok. You don't have to share our tastes, even if we are right and you're wrong for chosing something post soapf :p.

Jestersdoor list is worse :D.

Hey I did say I'd choose some wildcard ones XD it'd be just as easy for me to write a top 5 made of heavy old school ones, but I wanted to stir up some juicy sweet hatred

Reactions: eochaid