IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

And this one.
First of all, two songs, bitches! Told ya.

Second of all, my ultra-safe assumption that The Truth (aka the "we are we are song") will probably be the 2016 version of Scream was right. It's funny how NOW Scream is suddenly an OK song compared to this, lol. Sometimes you guys are sweating way too hard. If Anders would've done the vocals for The Truth CC-style (assuming he could, but this is besides the point now) you would still throw yourself against the wall.

As for rating the song... oh boy! This has got to be the pop-heaviest IF track up to date and while "this is just like Passenger" got thrown around a lot, this is the song where I'd agree it has some merit. I love the part where he sings "we are the truth that hurts the most cuz..." (I think that's what he says anyway), that's how I'd expect Anders to actually sing, it's much-much darker than his SC cleans. What can I say, it's a very simple song, which will be fun to listen to/sing live! I personally like it, just as I like Scream too, even if both are dumb as fuck. We have to see the final material to know if The Truth is the rule or the exception for that album.

Now, The End is actually much more interesting imo. I don't just mean it because it might be better, but while The Truth is "just" a modern Scream, The End is actually quite interesting. And I am speechless about the kid backing vocals. Out of fucking nowhere. I have to listen to that song some more, because I'm not sure how to feel about it exactly. It's fine, but time will tell if it will actually grow on me.

But what's more important, I can't fucking wait for this thread to explode into pieces coming this November! I could even say...
there will be...
... battles.

*walks away, humming we are, we areeeeee*

No comment.

I don't like the first verse that much on The Truth. Second verse is pretty cool, I like the electronics in the background, and chorus in the song is good. Cheesy but catchy. Solo also good. It just sounds a bit weird at times. Still think it's a decent song. The End is a great song at the moment for me.

What's that quote supposed to show? That I liked TT and now I appreciate it more? Or that I considered TE as something special, but as time progressed, I pretty much only like the middle part?

This is some very weak witch-hunt.

So you hate battles but like the truth? :rolleyes:

I was searching for Jesper's words and found this. It's interesting how some people's opinions have changed regarding that album.

I just saw live video for Voices.

It really doesn't sound bad. Why? Anders growls through it the whole time, and you can actually hear the guitar - so we have a decent metal song there.

But in studio... Oh no, let's pretend we know how to sing cleans, let's stick shitty autotune choruses every 16.5 seconds even though we know we can't possibly pull that off live, let's dial in the most boring, plastic guitar sound ever, let's stick a shitload of junk over the guitars in the mix (we wouldn't want those pesky melodies to bother our highly sensitive metalhead fans)...oh yeah, and that P.O.D. children chorus as well!

I really struggle to understand wtf is wrong with these guys.

Reactions: eochaid
How bad is your memory? We've been disussing this here when this happened.

: "Anderssays as it is breaking news. He [has] never been a songwriter. Trying to 'sing' with a vocal producer doing his best to polish the turd. And most importantly, I had no impact on the songwriting whatsoever *crying*... Sorry guys, I just could be quiet for once. Just happy I left the sinking ship."

I wouldn't take a drunken man's words too seriously.
Sure, Anders is using effects and producers to help him sing notes that he could never do otherwise, but I think his abillity to write a good vocal melody is undeniable ( and so is Jesper's abillity to write good guitar melodies ).

I wouldn't take a drunken man's words too seriously.
Sure, Anders is using effects and producers to help him sing notes that he could never do otherwise, but I think his abillity to write a good vocal melody is undeniable ( and so is Jesper's abillity to write good guitar melodies ).
I'm quoting what he said. I tend to agree to some point. It seems that Anders vocal lines are affected by the producer he's working with. You can clearly see the differences through time. Once he stopped working with Daniel,Bergstrand his lines sufferend a downgrade in quality.

As for not taking his words seriously, it's up for everyone to decide.

Jesper spoke out of anger and I’m sure he regrets it. Like all of us who say something hurtful during a fight with a friend or partner. The fact in that statement is Anders spends a lot time producing the vocals. But other people could talk shit on Jesper too and say he can only write good music when he is jamming with other people equally talented. And if he was so concerned with being true metal \m/ how the hell did he ever let STYE happen? Or even RTR? In fact, he didn’t let them happen ... he MADE them happen.

Last edited:
He made them and was ok with them. Anders has always used a producer for hus vocals. I don't know in the last two albums. But it's a fact that they hired Bergstrand just to help him to produce his vocals. That's more evident after stye, the second and last album on which he was also the producer of the music.

Jesper regrets it? So what? This doesn't make his statement false, in the same way that not regreting it doesn't make his statement true.

Wheb we're angered and want to hurt other people we usually say the truth. Truth that hurts.

Last edited:
Jesper spoke out of anger and I’m sure he regrets it. Like all of us who say something hurtful during a fight with a friend or partner. The fact in that statement is Anders spends a lot time producing the vocals. But other people could talk shit on Jesper too and say he can only write good music when he is jamming with other people equally talented. And if he was so concerned with being true metal \m/ how the hell did he ever let STYE happen? Or even RTR? In fact, he didn’t let them happen ... he MADE them happen.

If Jesper paid a bit more attention to how the guitars and the rest of the instruments were produced on Reroute, STYE and ASOP in particular then those albums would have sounded and been received a lot better. No shame in putting effort into producing your instrument.

Jesper regrets it? So what? This doesn't make his statement false, in the same way that not regreting it doesn't make his statement true.
The only fact is that Anders spends a lot of effort producing his vocals. All the rest is opinion. An opinion can’t be true. We can either agree or disagree.

If Jesper paid a bit more attention to how the guitars and the rest of the instruments were produced on Reroute, STYE and ASOP in particular then those albums would have sounded and been received a lot better. No shame in putting effort into producing your instrument.
Very good point. But it is also true that Anders could have taken over production of the sound. So yeah, I guess I’m playing both sides here. But Jesper was probably never in control of his sound.

The only fact is that Anders spends a lot of effort producing his vocals. All the rest is opinion. An opinion can’t be true. We can either agree or disagree.
It is a fact that he used a producer to produce his vocals. They hired a producer to produce his vocals. That's a fact, not an opinion.

It is a fact that he used a producer to produce his vocals. They hired a producer to produce his vocals. That's a fact, not an opinion.
Yeah, I agree. He spent a lot of time and money producing his vocals and hiring producers.

I’m saying all the other parts of Jesper’s statement are opinion. That Anders is not a songwriter. That he sounds like a turd. And the part about Jesper never influencing the songwriting... at what point in time did that start happening? Obviously that is exaggeration.

Reactions: eochaid
Very good point. But it is also true that Anders could have taken over production of the sound. So yeah, I guess I’m playing both sides here. But Jesper was probably never in control of his sound.

True, but considering Jesper has publicly come out and said ASOP in particular is underappreciated you have to assume he was somehow content with that shitty sound. I'm sure by now we would have heard something from him - sober or otherwise - if he felt that Anders' production choices had ruined any of those albums.

So you hate battles but like the truth? :rolleyes:

I was searching for Jesper's words and found this. It's interesting how some people's opinions have changed regarding that album.
I hate how lazy and stripped down Battles is, but Underneath My Skin is the only song I hate on the record. It's nigh impossible to hate an album as catchy as Battles.

As for TT, that's far and wide the most interesting song on the record, and if I were to choose one song to survive from the album, it would be that, even though I like In My Room much more.

Yeah, I agree. He spent a lot of time and money producing his vocals and hiring producers.

I’m saying all the other parts of Jesper’s statement are opinion. That Anders is not a songwriter. That he sounds like a turd. And the part about Jesper never influencing the songwriting... at what point in time did that start happening? Obviously that is exaggeration.
He misunderstood an interview. Songwritting, it will depend on what anyine consideres to be a songwritter.

True, but considering Jesper has publicly come out and said ASOP in particular is underappreciated you have to assume he was somehow content with that shitty sound. I'm sure by now we would have heard something from him - sober or otherwise - if he felt that Anders' production choices had ruined any of those albums.
We must assume that he likes the music that he did. The production... I don't know. I mean, when Bjorn discovers in the final mix that a full guitar solo has been erased, how much control did they have of the production on some albums?