IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I hate how lazy and stripped down Battles is, but Underneath My Skin is the only song I hate on the record. It's nigh impossible to hate an album as catchy as Battles.

As for TT, that's far and wide the most interesting song on the record, and if I were to choose one song to survive from the album, it would be that, even though I like In My Room much more.
So you like the truth but hate this is our house? I'm confused...

Actually, I'm being too harsh to House. The song looks much worse than it actually is. It has many things going for it, and even if some (well, many) of those failed to translate, at least they tried something. Battles had Underneath My Skin and SC had When The World Explodes as their absolute, utter garbage of a song, but I don't think House belongs to that group.

It's not good, probably even bad, but that's about it.

They are as similar as a bread and a rotten bread. If you ignore those greenish-blueish spots on the latter, it's exactly like a normal bread, yet it's quite different in reality.
I think they're both branches from the same tree.

Eh, they are different enough. TT is much more streamlined, and the solo is absolutely great. House is chopped up into many pieces, and has a very weird flow. Even if you would like the sum of its parts, it's just really hard to enjoy it from start to finish.

The truth has no substance. It's a pop song, idiotic pop song, with a lame guitar riff (from black and white), and generic vocal lines. Just like our house, with the difference that in our house they made a real effort. But both songs are basically the same pop shit.

I will dare to say that our house most probably would not exist if the truth did not came first.

Even a pop song takes real effort, so that's just mumbo-jumbo from your part. More is not always better. The Truth hits the soft-spot of just enough, and it works great. House is too much of a clusterfuck.

I won't argue that House is an evolution of TT, but so what? Every IF material is an evolution of some former material in one way or another, this should go without saying.

Just watched this vid, nothing special.

1. One of the Fridén child is present
2. Music video for the title track maybe?
Doubt it's a music video for The Mask since it's already been released as a single lol. It looks much more like tour rehearsal instead of a music video.

I'm with Slave on this one. Truth is actually a pretty tight pop metal song. House is really weird, the vocals and lyrics are just so cringe worthy. Truth is to some degree as well but nowhere near as bad for me. Feels like with Truth they said fuck it, were going pure pop so deal with it. Dare I say, House might actually have benefited from Benson's input. Dude is a bellend but that kinda pop metal shit is his domain.

Reactions: mindd
I'm with Slave on this one. Truth is actually a pretty tight pop metal song. House is really weird, the vocals and lyrics are just so cringe worthy. Truth is to some degree as well but nowhere near as bad for me. Feels like with Truth they said fuck it, were going pure pop so deal with it. Dare I say, House might actually have benefited from Benson's input. Dude is a bellend but that kinda pop metal shit is his domain.
The truth ia boring and effortless. Our house has some effort on it. Even if you don't like it there's no denying that they tried their best to create a radio friendly song. The truth is their worst song ever.

It's not even close tbh. Bottled and TCP for a start are far worse, the latter is barely even music.