IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

If we all work on triggering Slave re: Jesper I think we could easily get him to write the largest, craziest post in this forum's history.

@eochaid , I leave the operation in your hands.

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
So I was just watching this Cyhra interview with Peter and Jesper and some part of it when Jesper talks about IF was weird. I dont know if its Jesper's English or anything. He said something Swedish in between, hope @krofius can help translate it. Starts at 9:00, weird part at 9:38.

Don't know what you want me to translate since he's only speaking English lol. Can't really hear what he said there in the end was a bit mumbly but it was English. It sounded a bit weird cause he's not a good english talker, but it's easy to understand what he means.

Don't know what you want me to translate since he's only speaking English lol. Can't really hear what he said there in the end was a bit mumbly but it was English. It sounded a bit weird cause he's not a good english talker, but it's easy to understand what he means.
Still better talker than Niclas :rofl:

Hmm, I'm pretty sure Jesper talking to Peter at 9:43 isnt English but anyway.

What the fuck is this shit? Tesco Hollywood Undead + Lidl A Day To Remember? Here, let me show you some real stuff.

Also, guys, this is bullying and I already reported this to the police. Enjoy your jail time.

Heck yeah, best Big Bang album. I have the physical album with the cards or something. “Feeling” is the best song.

I liked Subterranean a lot. In many ways, it's even more listener-friendly, since it's less aggressive than TJR. The production is absolutely decent for that time, it doesn't hurt my ears.
Subterranean production is awesome. You can hear the bass crystal clear. Honestly TJR is a step down after Subterranean.

Also, I do agree that Henke Forss was a better vocalist on Subterranean than Stanne was on LS. But Stanne was still decent and after listening several times to both albums today I think the biggest issue is the vocals are mixed slightly too high on LS.

Listen to Dark Tranquillity Skydancer and Anders sounds nearly the same. Stanne is totally on par for an extreme metal vocalist of that era. When his voice breaks or gets screamy to me that’s a plus and even the charm of early Anders.

But Henke might be better than both Stanne and Anders. He was the vocalist for Dawn. I’m personally a big fan of that era’s melodic black metal (Ulver, Dawn, Dissection, Emperor, etc) plus bands like At the Gates so of course I’m down.

If anything brings LS down it’s the songwriting and production. Prototype is absolutely the right word.

All that remains just announced their new album after teasing for the last week and a half. They have a November 9 release date.

That still gives me some hope we might have an IF release this year, but seeing as there has been absolutely zero talk or hints at it recently by their posts, doesn’t seem likely.

Disturbed, Architects, All That Remains...all of them finished recording their new albums later than In Flames and yet they are releasing them this year...

I've made my peace with the fact that In Flames won't release their new album this year. I hope for an early 2019 release, so we can get to hear some new music in November or December.

Hey everyone. New member alert. I've been stalking this shit for quite a while, so I thought I'd actually join in.

A little background on me: I first heard In Flames when I downloaded Moonshield on Kazaa or something in the early 2000's and I was hooked. I then saw them here in Chicago opening for Iced Earth who were touring for their Horror Show album (fuck yeah). They became my fav band for about a decade until I started losing interest due to the downhill slide of their music. I also interviewed Anders during the Come Clarity tour for my metal radio show at the time. I also posted on the Everdying boards for a while.

A couple apparently controversial opinions: I like Lunar Strain quite a bit. It's only when I got online that I realized a lot of people think it sucks. I even like Everlost Part 1. It's not as good as their other classic albums but I think it deserves to be in the same company. I also think SOAPF pretty much sucks. It's the album that made me give up on the band.

Also, anyone think the intro riff here sounds almost exactly like Bullet Ride?

Hey everyone. New member alert. I've been stalking this shit for quite a while, so I thought I'd actually join in.

A little background on me: I first heard In Flames when I downloaded Moonshield on Kazaa or something in the early 2000's and I was hooked. I then saw them here in Chicago opening for Iced Earth who were touring for their Horror Show album (fuck yeah). They became my fav band for about a decade until I started losing interest due to the downhill slide of their music. I also interviewed Anders during the Come Clarity tour for my metal radio show at the time. I also posted on the Everdying boards for a while.

A couple apparently controversial opinions: I like Lunar Strain quite a bit. It's only when I got online that I realized a lot of people think it sucks. I even like Everlost Part 1. It's not as good as their other classic albums but I think it deserves to be in the same company. I also think SOAPF pretty much sucks. It's the album that made me give up on the band.

Also, anyone think the intro riff here sounds almost exactly like Bullet Ride?

Hey man, welcome!

That riff sounds exactly like Bulled Ride actually, huge ripoff :D And whats wrong with SOAPF? I can understand that you're fan of old albums and I think SOAPF has that quality. I think you heard A New Dawn from that album, one of the best songs IF had released within the "new era". I think this album was Anders and Björn saying that "we can do it without Jesper" which they proved it. I love everything about this album; lyrics,guitars,drums,sound structures. The only thing I cant accept about the album is "The Puzzle", I just cant get into that song. :D

Hey man, welcome!

That riff sounds exactly like Bulled Ride actually, huge ripoff :D And whats wrong with SOAPF? I can understand that you're fan of old albums and I think SOAPF has that quality. I think you heard A New Dawn from that album, one of the best songs IF had released within the "new era". I think this album was Anders and Björn saying that "we can do it without Jesper" which they proved it. I love everything about this album; lyrics,guitars,drums,sound structures. The only thing I cant accept about the album is "The Puzzle", I just cant get into that song. :D

Hey! Hard to explain why...I just don't think most of the songs are memorable. I barely remember what most of them sound like. It's not because I hate their newer stuff, btw. I actually think ASOP is a pretty good album and the last one of theirs that I liked. I even like Chosen Pessimist, though it would be dreadful live, I think. All of their albums up to that point have good stuff on them imo.

While I don't hate SOAPF nearly as mich as I did back then when I joined this board, I will never understand the love that it gets. The whole record lacks a face, a personality. I think songs like Fear Is The Weakness or Ropes are really fucking great, but extremely generic. I much more prefer almost anything from ASOP. Special shoutout to Liberation though; it's the best IF album closer alongside Whoracle, and the only truly interesting song on SOAPF along with Jester's Door.

The only really good Jesper-less album for me is SC - there, don't tell me I'm not saying nice things about him :D

@galvanized it's the only male k-pop song I occasionally listen, I am 99% for the chick side of Kpop. 2NE1 for example, but the new Momoland song is not bad either.

Also, the problem with Stanne's voice on LS is that it exists. Anders on Skydancer is much better. Yes, he is absolutely butchering the songs, but at least it makes it sound interesting - for an amateur record, that is. Stanne doing the same godawful sound 0-24 is zzzzzzzzz puts me to bed.