IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I thought Reroute to Remain and Natural Born Chaos have a lot of similarities. Both bands switched to a more “smooth”, “filtered” sound at the same time. That’s their main intersection point. Before that IF was the clear superior band.

The intro is very old-school, and the part after the chorus is really dope. The rest is zzzzzz. Their latest album was like nearly a 10/10, so if any band deserves to be praised for their mediocre stuff as well, then it's definitely Soilwork, so go ahead and drool over Arrival.

I have to say, it does have a neat strong-structure, so I'm not hating on it, but these praises seem a bit too fast.

So soilwork entered studio, unless I'm wrong, after in flames but they're going to release the album, apparently, before in flames.

I don't understand shit about this situation.

Reactions: Ilias7
I'm quite puzzled with Arrival reaction. It's kind of generic Soilwork song, I'm with Jester Slave on this one. The Ride Majestic had so many ideas, this one you could easily mistake for one of 20 The Living Infinite songs. Not bad at all, but I've heard that before.

And the lack of ideas from this guy hits me hard (it was probably posted a million times before, but I can't help myself):

I'm more surprised Soilwork is releasing the album so late, the single just came and the album is 3 months away, that's kinda early for a single nowadays. I know they recorded a music video a couple weeks ago that they teased too, so that will probably come in a couple weeks or a month as well. I think they recorded after IF as well yes. But I mean it's nothing as extreme as CoB who recorded who's releasing their album in March and did recordings way before Soilwork as well.

In these cases

1 is it the label holding it up (to try to keep quarterly earnings steady?)?
2 or does it indicate lack of ideas or technical problems that are forcing them to go back and fix things?
3 or does no one really care that much (apathy) so the process goes slow without people pushing it?

I thought Reroute to Remain and Natural Born Chaos have a lot of similarities. Both bands switched to a more “smooth”, “filtered” sound at the same time. That’s their main intersection point. Before that IF was the clear superior band.

natural born chaos is wayyy better than reroute

I'm more surprised Soilwork is releasing the album so late, the single just came and the album is 3 months away, that's kinda early for a single nowadays. I know they recorded a music video a couple weeks ago that they teased too, so that will probably come in a couple weeks or a month as well. I think they recorded after IF as well yes. But I mean it's nothing as extreme as CoB who recorded who's releasing their album in March and did recordings way before Soilwork as well.
Yes. It doesn't seem right.

In these cases

1 is it the label holding it up (to try to keep quarterly earnings steady?)?
2 or does it indicate lack of ideas or technical problems that are forcing them to go back and fix things?
3 or does no one really care that much (apathy) so the process goes slow without people pushing it?
I would discard option number 2.

One question. Are IF still with nuclear blast?

I would discard option number 2.

One question. Are IF still with nuclear blast?

That was my next question. They made such a big deal about resigning with nuclear blast last album and even stated it felt like rejoining family. If this is label problems, I’m pretty sure it leaves a bad taste in “And’jorn’s” mouth.

natural born chaos is wayyy better than reroute

I'd say "way better" is a bit much, NBC is like Reroute on steroids. Stronger production, stronger vocals, pretty much stronger everything. Both albums are good but Natural Born Chaos just sounds far more powerful. DT released Damage Done in 2002 as well, another fantastic album.

New Soilwork song sounds decent. I haven't followed them in any great detail after Figure Number Five but I'm always impressed by Strid's vocals. He's kept his pipes in much better shape than Anders or Mikael Stanne.

This is the band that entered Howard Benson's studio right after In Flames left. Apparently, they are releasing a new album before In Flames.

Natural Born Chaos
Recorded with Nordstrom (and Devin Townsend)
October 2001 - February 2002
Released March 25, 2002

Reroute to Remain
Recorded with Daniel Bergstrand (who was involved with every single IF album from RTR to Siren Charms)
November 2001 or earlier - April (estimated) 2002
Listening party June 1, 2002
Released September 3, 2002

Some good pictures from RTR days
http://www.swedishmetal.nu/Album/in-flames/reroute-to-remain/

AC77A976-FD67-4720-AC89-3C93DAC9301D.jpeg 2AB49E38-D099-4926-ADFF-823D6D8102DB.jpeg
376219FD-0C5B-47B0-AB49-604E45CF11D0.jpeg
376BAC48-7B9B-4B1C-BE5C-D58BE90720EC.jpeg

I totally forgot that Soilwork and In Flames cameo’d in each other’s videos. Yeah, I have a good feeling they were drinking the same kool aid, not necessarily copying though.

That was my next question. They made such a big deal about resigning with nuclear blast last album and even stated it felt like rejoining family. If this is label problems, I’m pretty sure it leaves a bad taste in “And’jorn’s” mouth.
It depends. Maybe they signed for one album, as they've been doing since, I think, asop, or maybe they signed for an specific number of albums.

Listening to Dissection’s last album, Reinkaos

It makes me think that if In Flames hadn’t “rerouted” they would have sounded a lot like this in the mid 2000s

Listen to the solo parts starting at 3:00. Could’ve been Bjorn or Jesper. Honestly this album seems kind of an In Flames rip off.

Last edited:
I believe Nuclear Blast has just been bought out or joined by a new digital company! That may explain the hold up! I am not for sure. Just a thought from something I read.