IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Acquired by Believe Digital

http://everythingisnoise.net/news/nuclear-blast-acquired-by-believe-digital/

Whatever it is, it isn’t holding up any other bands on Nuclear Blast. Steady releases planned from now through January.
https://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/releases/index.html
Okay, yes. That's what it was... Did IF ever have a tentative release date for this record, or just that it was gonna drop in 2018? Either way it is irritating not having any slight piece of new information.

Good question. It seems like all their albums have long delays. I have always assumed it was because they were shopping it around. They probably have enough money to completely finance the recording and maybe production. If that’s the case, no record label is planning to release anything because only IF knows anything about the album. IF has always wanted full creative control, keeping the label out of the way would achieve that. Plus they will make more money since they do the management themselves, which Anders wants to do anyway.

Natural Born Chaos
Recorded with Nordstrom (and Devin Townsend)

Reroute to Remain
Recorded with Daniel Bergstrand (who was involved with every single IF album from RTR to Siren Charms)

And there, simply, is why NBC is superior in pretty much every department to R2R.

Loved the collab Soilwork did with Devin on Black Star Deceiver, too. That song is great.

In the two previous albums, Blake had listened to the songs before making the artwork and also Anders was explaining him his lyrics. So, I'm sure there is a connection between the music and the artwork...and so far the artwork teasers are super cool, dark and evil ( dark colours, labyrinth, thread and needle ).
Furthermore, I don't think that all of the three teasers are for the album cover. Probably some of them are for the booklet, otherwise it's a very complicated cover.

In the two previous albums, Blake had listened to the songs before making the artwork and also Anders was explaining him his lyrics. So, I'm sure there is a connection between the music and the artwork...and so far the artwork teasers are super cool, dark and evil ( dark colours, labyrinth, thread and needle ).
Furthermore, I don't think that all of the three teasers are for the album cover. Probably some of them are for the booklet, otherwise it's a very complicated cover.

True. Maybe part for a single cover possibly

Clayman listening party March 2000
EF7FC758-AFA4-49AB-9F31-0244EAC191B0.jpeg 99BC74C2-1AF6-4A2A-BF05-C24F4F085C70.jpeg
Bjorn and Daniel tearing up some table tennis.EDD23722-7B6B-480C-BFAF-0096F4494F5F.jpeg
Here’s Nordstrom and Anders looking very proud of their accomplishments3EE4C518-6FAD-4DA0-9364-B889DE90B50F.jpeg

Clayman release party July 2000
Here’s Stanne, Peter, and idunno?
35233962-0C77-4D21-8FA0-4770F6B3ECB1.jpeg
Is that Anders Bjorler (At the Gates / The Haunted)? Or is it Jonas? Seems like one of the Bjorlers anyway. And Jesper of course
E3B058F5-C0B5-492B-944F-6890E9D53824.jpeg

More stuff at SwedishMetal.nu

Last edited:
Pretty awesome pictures! 90's and early-2000's IF studio shots are like peering into a cosmic mystery.

That's Anders Jivarp in that shot of Stanne and Peter, btw. Technically also a former IF sort-of member — he did some drumming on Subterranean.

Thanks, I didn’t even realize he has been the drummer of DT since the beginning. Good drumming on the Subterranean tracks he did too. According to the Encyclopedia of Metal he did Biosphere and Subterranean.

Not a single Siren Charms song on that "Most Popular" list. Disgusting. Decades from now it will get the praise it deserves.

I'd love to hear "Versus Terminus" and "Lord Hypnos" live, though.

Buds abloom in all directions,
from which events occur
relations and virused meetings
catch fire and explode
In the margin of butterfly wings
entire cycles of evolution
outplayed and faded,
sparked and leaned back into
vacuum-filled nirvana.

Between the two of my eyes
feverish fractals soar,
dance like they were on drugs
peyote labyrinths, re-mapped exits
A hasty blink
and a million life-to-comes
will never be the same
as they never were.

Wwtm is most definitely a contender for my favorite pre-r2r song. It's really well-structured, powerful, yet still melodic af. Now that they have a keyboard player, they might as well give it a spin.

Not a single Siren Charms song on that "Most Popular" list. Disgusting. Decades from now it will get the praise it deserves.

I'd love to hear "Versus Terminus" and "Lord Hypnos" live, though.
Don't worry, pinball map and the end makes no sense in the most popular list either, so take it for what it is.

Also, Siren Charms doesn't really have hits on it; it's an absolutely balanced, amazing concept record to listen to it from start to finish - and then a little more with the bonus tracks.

Songs like embody, colony, jotun or crawl through knives are all painfully missing as well from the most popular list, so it's either pre-picked by the band, or the algorythm is fucked up.

I love the idea that Siren Charms is some underappreciated gem that will one day be revered as a musical masterpiece :D total insanity. The reason nobody gives a shit about it is because it's bland as fuck. I don't think it's bad, as such, but it's nothing compared to any of the albums before it. Even STYE and ASOP beat the shit out of SC. In years to come most people will just forget it exists.

I love the idea that Siren Charms is some underappreciated gem that will one day be revered as a musical masterpiece :D total insanity. The reason nobody gives a shit about it is because it's bland as fuck. I don't think it's bad, as such, but it's nothing compared to any of the albums before it. Even STYE and ASOP beat the shit out of SC. In years to come most people will just forget it exists.
I'm fairly confident you are wrong. If sacrificing your health for a role makes you more likely to win an Oscar, than having a solid, conceptual sounding record is bound to - for better or worse - be remembered as an underappreciated material.

The reason "nobody gives a shit" about SC is that it's not explosive nor controversial enough. It's a great record to listen to, but when you are racing against songs like Trigger or TQP, you are going to lose, and there is no shame to that.

Songs perform differently live to begin with. I voted for the title track and Rusted Nail for example, but what can you do when the band thinks "the" live song from SC os EG? Talk about insanity...

Last but not least, fan votes should be dominated by obscure songs after the obligatory hits. If I could choose Zombie Inc. or Jotun instead of anything off from battles, sc or soapf, why wouldn't I? Not to mention songs they never or rarely played before.

The current Nine Inch Nails tour is an absolute embodyment of fan-service. They played EPs from start to finish, songs which have not been played for twenty years, and they even busted out the single biggest meme song people were 10000000000% sure they will never ever play live.

Anyway, given how it'll be a co-headlined tour with possibly a limited set list, I have serious doubts about this vote.