IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I think That they still can make great music. They just need to put their effort on it. Specially Bjorn who's been procastinating for the past two albums.
Can’t wait to read a new interview with Bjorn in Brave Words and Bloody Knuckles April 2019

Reporter: “What inspired you to make what is arguably your best album ever? The riffs are fantastic.”
Bjorn: “Well, I finally decided to get off my ass and give a shit for a few weeks.”
Reporter: “I bet you had to rehearse for months. You guys sound like a machine.”
Bjorn: “No not really. We were always this good, usually we just don’t try because it’s too hard.”

Reactions: eochaid
Yea but Slipknot kinda pioneered a sound, a bit like System of a Down did. Has a big influence of why they got so big at the time. Just like Linkin Park as well, they all came up with a new type of music in the early 2000's and as a result all of them got really big.
Well, IF also pioneered a style. Sadly melodeath is not that popular in the US.

Slipknot sucks compare to In Flames and always will be
You sound old school, which is cool. Before Reroute To Remain that is how we talked, haha. Then In Flames started copying Slipknot for some tracks and eventually went soft. Meanwhile Slipknot is still aggressive and hardcore. I don’t think I can say Slipknot sucks any more.

Any fan here?

Benn waiting 14 years for their return. I was excited about the album and it's... great. Instant love.

Now, it made me think, for some reason, about The Chase. That's the only song that I like from the past two albums and it's in my regular IF playlist. I wouldn't mind them trying that direction,

Last edited:
Any fan here?

Benn waiting 14 years for their return. I was excited about the album and it's... great. Instant love.

Now, it made me think, for some reason, about The Chase. That's the only song that I like from the past two albums and it's in my regular IF playlist. I wouldn't mind them trying that direction,

Never heard of these guys... ever. Weird band name but that song is cool. The vocals are really good and different/interesting. To an American it almost sounds like singing with a slight Irish accent. Just added the entire new album to my library, I’ll give it some play time and report back.

It's funny because you get the feeling that's what modern In Flames wish they sounded like.

Reactions: eochaid
In Flames have been trying for such a long time to not be like themselves that they're lacking a direction, a destination to reach. Their only purpose these days is to improve Anders vocals.

Jonathan Davis Interview
Davis: "[KORN] is heavy, but I've always said KORNwas never really a… I mean, it's heavy, but it's not a metal band. Metal, to me, is a different attitude — it's a whole different thing. I'm glad we're embraced by it. I think it's more of the IRON MAIDENs… That term 'metal'… When we came out, no one knew what the fuck to do with us — they didn't know what to do with us — and it was the metal community that embraced us, and that's where we went. But we were something different to that — we were more of a funky rock… I don't even know what the hell we were doing… alternative — whatever it was. But I'm very grateful to the metal community for embracing us and taking us in. But I never got that — I never understood the metal thing, because metal's really extreme. I mean, I love it — don't get me wrong — but I never felt that we fit that mould. Maybe because we were doing something different. Now that I'm older, it's all good — call us whatever the fuck you want. Thank you for listening still 25 years later… To be honest, I didn't know about MEGADETH or any of that shit [when KORN first started]. I'm like an '80s New Romantic kid — you can tell in my solo music. That's the beauty of KORN— we're all into different shit, and it comes out together and this is what makes KORN. But I didn't listen to [any metal]. I listened to and loved LED ZEPPELIN. And then when I was really young, when MÖTLEY CRÜE 'Shout At The Devil' came out, and DIO 'Holy Diver'… and what else? Some IRON MAIDEN… Right when I started listening to it, my dad grabbed it and burnt the shit, 'cause [he thought] it was Satanic and I was forbidden to listen to it. So that pushed me in another [direction]. [I was, like], 'Well, fuck you, dad. I'm gonna find something else.' And that's when I got into SKINNY PUPPY and MINISTRY and all that Wax Trax shit. And that's when I went that way and [got into] more gothic stuff."
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/korns-jonathan-davis-ive-had-a-really-fked-up-year/

In flames is a shell of it's once mighty self. I still like them but they have lost the top spot of my favorite band of all time over the last 20 years. Slipknot has always been garbage. Even when they started when I was in Highschool. I still go see In Flames and I still get the records for the 3 songs per album now that I actually like but damn guys........you jumped the shark.

Reactions: galvanized
In flames is a shell of it's once mighty self. I still like them but they have lost the top spot of my favorite band of all time over the last 20 years. Slipknot has always been garbage. Even when they started when I was in Highschool. I still go see In Flames and I still get the records for the 3 songs per album now that I actually like but damn guys........you jumped the shark.
Wow you like 3 songs from Battles? Fucking fanboy

I used to listen to SS a bit a couple years back, but I mainly listened to the first album and second album and some songs off of third album also. They REALLY lost me when they released We Rule the Night, that was complete garbage. I first got into them from hearing Denied i think.

Fuck Sonic Syndicate. Poser shitheads.

Another underrated IF classic :cool: might be my favourite off Come Clarity actually.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
Nah first album was actually good man, it's essentially a melodeath album. Agree about Vanishing Light however, one of my favorites along with Vacuum. The lead guitar melody in Vanishing reminds me of older IF melodies, but with different production obviously, maybe different tuned guitars as well I believe. But it's similar in a way imo.