IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I’m starting to get tired of this “all about the melody” bullshit. It’s not like a 4 chord verse plus a 4 chord chorus is some rare melodical achievement. Unless you are old school death, black, hardcore/punk, or obscure noisecore you will have some melody. Basically they are saying nothing every time they say this.
It probably means that, once again, they don't give a fuck about the guitar work.

With Anders it's genuinely like reading a 13 year old's diary when it comes to his lyrics. It's fucking embarrassing. Grow up already.

With Anders it's genuinely like reading a 13 year old's diary when it comes to his lyrics. It's fucking embarrassing. Grow up already.

He's been writing lyrics like that for years actually, its nothing new. Remember Take This Life? "I cut myself to sleep". This was like 10+ years ago, I dont understand why you act like its something new.

In Flames New Album sounds exciting, good luck with it hope can purchase a copy or something.

He's been writing lyrics like that for years actually, its nothing new. Remember Take This Life? "I cut myself to sleep". This was like 10+ years ago, I dont understand why you act like its something new.
I think the question will be if those are chorus lyrics or verse lyrics. Few people remember the cut myself to sleep lyrics because it’s just the verse. They only remember “If I ever... if so never... Take this life... breath me me in”

The lyrics make me think it will be a ballad type song like Here Until Forever, but then, who knows

I don't understand why you think my criticism of Anders lyrics is something new :D I've been ripping on the guy's lyrics since STYE - although they've gotten much worse after Come Clarity. Much, much worse.

Interesting stuff. Nonplussed by the lyrics but I do love seeing new In Flames material. "I am Above" is a neat track title. Wonder if it's a callback to "Become the Sky" (the earth, the moon, the sun beneath me / this is letting go / I'm all over / I reach far and wide)?

Speaking of SC bonus tracks, how is it that nobody has found the correct lyrics to "The Chase" yet?

I wonder if Anders or one of his kids drew the new art.

It's nice for you to admit that Anders lyrics sucks.

It's nice for you to admit that Anders lyrics sucks.

I didnt say that its sucks, I just said that it was always been like this.

I don't understand why you think my criticism of Anders lyrics is something new :D I've been ripping on the guy's lyrics since STYE - although they've gotten much worse after Come Clarity. Much, much worse.

Sure you can hate the lyrics but it felt like you surprised he wrote lyrics like that. :D It's been his style since they changed direction.

Same old complains, @DE4life and @eochaid made worse comment than these all the time actually. :D But I agree with Anders, I dont like Siren Charms that much but even that album has an IF sound eventhough its not that good.

It amazes me how fucking sad the metal community can be. It's like sucking dicks for years, but refusing to accept you may be gay. Very interesting.

I agree with Anders: good music is good music. People who jerk off to genres and such should be happy that they live in the age of social media, so they find other losers who upvote their degenerate, close-minded views, so they can feel relevant and accepted.

Reactions: Riamu
To be honest those Blabbermouth comments are pretty chilled. Usually there's a lot more rage and anger directed towards Anders.