IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Blabbermouth comment section is mostly just people trolling though, doesnt matter what band it is, there's always these comments (obviously to different extents). It was way worse though like 10 years ago with the old comment sections, now you have to link with a Facebook account to post, and most ppl cant be arsed making troll facebook accounts just to post, I guess.

Speaking of Facebook, the Borgholm Brinner page has posted there will be an announcement tomorrow. Guess that means we’ll get a second IF Festival next year

Yeah, that's some serious high school stuff right there...

Ghosts, sleep, hate, tears, don't need your love.

Reactions: galvanized
I like the lyrics here; vengeful as heck!

:D yeah, maybe if you're 12.

Oh no, with your return @DE4life will reach his final form for sure. :D

It's a great day for the forum. I can remove A88 from the inactive posters thread.

giphy.gif

Damn, sleeping is high-school stuff!! Can't wait for all the convoluted explanations about how each topic and word in the lyrics are actually high-school material, and none of the serious bands use them anymore.

I also hope they write a song about quantum-physics to please you guys.

Reactions: Ilias7
Damn, sleeping is high-school stuff!! Can't wait for all the convoluted explanations about how each topic and word in the lyrics are actually high-school material, and none of the serious bands use them anymore.

I also hope they write a song about quantum-physics to please you guys.

Rare that I comment, yet I am right there with you!

Can't wait for all the convoluted explanations about how each topic and word in the lyrics are actually high-school material, and none of the serious bands use them anymore.
Why don't you try writting things anders way so that you can tell us how stupid you felt?

A88 hit the nail on the head right there. Grown men don’t talk like that. High schoolers, yes. Maybe university students. If you still talk and or think this way and you are approaching 30 or beyond then you need to re-evaluate your life.

The truth of the matter is that Anders is writing lyrics for a certain audience, most of which are, yes, high schoolers and edgy college students. He is speaking their language because they think it's cool. He is dealing with the subject matter that they find interesting and relatable. That's In Flames' current audience. Obviously the older fans aren't receptive to this, but that's not who In Flames is engaging with these days.

I saw a post on their official Twitter account a while back asking what fans' favorite songs from Battles were. All positive comments, mostly from younger people, all enthusiastic about Battles. "Drained" was In Flames "bringing the metal back!" Seems silly to us, but this a different audience, and times have changed.

Doesn't mean you can't laugh at it, but I don't see why anyone is surprised.

I would say that the chances that they're the result of him being deranged or malicious are fairly low.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
The truth of the matter is that Anders is writing lyrics for a certain audience, most of which are, yes, high schoolers and edgy college students. He is speaking their language because they think it's cool. He is dealing with the subject matter that they find interesting and relatable. That's In Flames' current audience. Obviously the older fans aren't receptive to this, but that's not who In Flames is engaging with these days.

I saw a post on their official Twitter account a while back asking what fans' favorite songs from Battles were. All positive comments, mostly from younger people, all enthusiastic about Battles. "Drained" was In Flames "bringing the metal back!" Seems silly to us, but this a different audience, and times have changed.

Doesn't mean you can't laugh at it, but I don't see why anyone is surprised.

I would say that the chances that they're the result of him being deranged or malicious are fairly low.
I think you are likely right, but that means they purposely push out older fans, and that makes me sad.

truth of the matter is that Anders is writing lyrics for a certain audience, most of which are, yes, high schoolers and edgy college students. He is speaking their language because they think it's cool.
If that's true then he's treating them like idiots.

That would be great.

Agreed. Make it so.

This is just Slave being Slave though, taking things to extremes because it's the only way he knows how to live. "They don't want lyrics that look like they've been plagiarised from a 13 year old girl's diary, so they must want the complete works of Albert Einstein condensed into musical form."

Nope. Just decent lyrics will do, thanks.

The truth of the matter is that Anders is writing lyrics for a certain audience, most of which are, yes, high schoolers and edgy college students. He is speaking their language because they think it's cool. He is dealing with the subject matter that they find interesting and relatable. That's In Flames' current audience.

Is this really true? I could understand it being the case 10-12 years ago, but now? What kids are listening to modern In Flames? I find it really bizarre to think that anybody much younger than 25 is seriously listening to this band's latest output. Maybe I'm wrong and the world has passed me by, but I'd be really surprised if In Flames have a significant younger fan base.

Reactions: eochaid
What I cannot imagine is a full grown adult listening to battles or siren charms and sympathizing with the lyrics.