IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

That last chorus wasn't so bad. He did participate in Rob Zombie's "don't fucking sing anything, because you can't" school at the beginning though.

So what happens when Jesper defends ASOP? R2R-CC were sellouts, then ASOP not? But we hate ASOP and love CC, right? It's getting confusing if you/we want to enforce this narrative.

And I always said: if you hate R2R for being "sellout", then hate Clayman too. It baffles me to no end that people cream over Clayman as the last real IF record with fucking songs like OFTW and Suburban Me, like right buddy. Time travel back to TJR and show these to people. Good luck not getting beaten up, while trying to explain it's still the same "spirit" or whatever.

But you said it right: you cannot accept Clayman is the sellout album. Now, insert the same sentence, except every single IF fan says a different record in place of Clayman. To me, it's SOAPF - not sellout, but if I am forced to name the first record which is the least like IF, then I would say that. I'm sure some would even say Colony, and they wouldn't be completely wrong tbh. It was like their first really professional album. More professionalism usually means less amateurish enthusiasm, which can not be reproduced, ever.

Well, I didn't mean Jesper's opinions dictate whether an album can possibly be "sellout" or not. And I wasn't even thinking much of ASOP or newer albums there, actually. Ciko just happened to bring up those old ultra-elitist fans who said "Gayman" was a sellout album. I pointed out one reason I disagree - even the most old school metal guy of the band stood behind Clayman, and Reroute too, for that matter. I could add Clayman still sounds very much like the band who did Colony, and Reroute wasn't as different as it's made to be--in my opinion it wasn't THAT much the music itself, but the production.

I'm not saying STYE was teh sellout, necessarily; I just think it's more understandable if someone wants to argue it was because to me, it's the most "American" record In Flames ever made, and rather different from both R2R and CC. Could've been a calculated move but could've also been just a natural need to experiment and/or the result of having been influenced by some American bands while touring there.

Friend, Bottled (yes) and In Search For I could be passed as a combination of various older IF styles.
Friend, yes, agree.
Bottled, no. This song is so fucking bland and I’m sorry a 20 second half ass solo/bridge thing doesn’t make up for it.
In Search for I, half of it. Like, all the way up to 2:00. After that the song starts to venture into some weird groove metal territory that I don’t think they ever did before. In fact this song kind of proves the point that they “went American” or “lost their fucking mind” halfway through the song LOL.

Ciko just happened to bring up those old ultra-elitist fans who said "Gayman" was a sellout album. I pointed out one reason I disagree - even the most old school metal guy of the band stood behind Clayman, and Reroute too, for that matter. I could add Clayman still sounds very much like the band who did Colony, and Reroute wasn't as different as it's made to be--in my opinion it wasn't THAT much the music itself, but the production.
The thing about Clayman is they evolved or sold out or whatever you want to call it to appeal to the larger metal audience. Power metal fans, heavy metal fans, pretty much anybody in the scene could relate to Clayman in some way. It was just good solid metal music. But still, the most they sold out was to metal, not to the general public. Unless you were some sort of hardcore ideological melodic death metaler it didn’t matter much. It’s not like MDM had as much cult ideology as old school BM or DM anyway. And if you cared that much you would have abandoned them several albums earlier. Maybe after TJR. Or maybe right before.

With R2R the music was pretty similar but they definitely went another step further to appeal to people outside the traditional metal scene. Totally agree the music was pretty similar but their image (wearing jumpsuits), downtuning guitars, and also the production all said nu metal.

Then with STYE they finally changed the music appreciably too. And they did it to get rich. Which is the definition of selling out.

Just watched a new interview with Anders, he said they're going to tour till the end of this year and will think about whats next on new year. He said we're working on something but thats it, no info. I don't think we're gonna get a new album at least till March, I hope I'm wrong.

Just watched a new interview with Anders, he said they're going to tour till the end of this year and will think about whats next on new year. He said we're working on something but thats it, no info. I don't think we're gonna get a new album at least till March, I hope I'm wrong.

Fuck...

I may have watched the same interview. At the end he says they are going to celebrate the holidays with family, then think about the next move. There “may be a new album” but that’s all he can say. I know Anders likes to give hints, but jeez we go from certain to might be. Not sure if I like the vide much.

I may have watched the same interview. At the end he says they are going to celebrate the holidays with family, then think about the next move. There “may be a new album” but that’s all he can say. I know Anders likes to give hints, but jeez we go from certain to might be. Not sure if I like the vide much.

He does smile though. I think they may release the borgholm brinner documentary with an album at the same time maybe. Who knows...

Lyrics are typical Anders. Artwork looks like something out of a pre-school colouring book.

Reactions: eochaid
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/an...-can-without-losing-the-essence-of-in-flames/

: "We released an album called 'Battles' and that was released two years ago, I think. We are working on something, and people who know what we sound like today will definitely recognize it, but there are elements there that will feel a little bit new here and there. With IN FLAMES, we don't want to change it too much, but we want to change a little from album to album. It's still important for us to have the melody, that's the first thing. We grew up on melody and melody is everything for us. Then you can do a lot of things, of course. It's very melodic and heavy at the same time."

I'm not sure that I want to listen to the new album. I'm not sure if he has listened to his previous albums.

I’m starting to get tired of this “all about the melody” bullshit. It’s not like a 4 chord verse plus a 4 chord chorus is some rare melodical achievement. Unless you are old school death, black, hardcore/punk, or obscure noisecore you will have some melody. Basically they are saying nothing every time they say this.

Reactions: eochaid
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqTds6uhE90/
New single is coming!

Anders, Bjorn, Niclas and Bryce posted this piece of art with those lyrics. There is a hashtag #iamabove, probably the new song title.
I guess Anders didn't want to reveal too much in this interview...Finally, the teasing has begun!

Hyped!! I was sad when I heard the interview with Anders but this feels good, hope we can hear it soon.

I saw this on a Russian site, saying that it will be released on 07.12.2018.

46444364_756364341364857_1758133322040475648_n.jpg

Last edited:
I’m starting to get tired of this “all about the melody” bullshit. It’s not like a 4 chord verse plus a 4 chord chorus is some rare melodical achievement. Unless you are old school death, black, hardcore/punk, or obscure noisecore you will have some melody. Basically they are saying nothing every time they say this.

It's been their go-to cliche for literally a decade or more now. Melody in general wasn't their trademark, it was very specifically dual-guitar melodies. Without those the In Flames people remember will never correlate with the modern corporate version of the band.

I saw this on a Russian site, saying that it will be released on 07.12.2018.

46444364_756364341364857_1758133322040475648_n.jpg
Wow, interesting info. So a couple more weeks for this single to drop?

I must say I’m getting a little worried that this is going to be a total nu metal album. I see kids artwork, I see asymmetric masks, I see stitches, references to mental illness... to me it looks like they are going all in on the nu metal.