IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

For example, I worked as a 911 dispatcher during the years SOAPF, SC, and Battle were released, and we always had the radio tuned in to the hard rock and metal channels. I worked with people about five to ten years younger than me in a job with high turnover, so I got a lot of exposure to young adult music taste. They liked the typical stuff that we would normally dismiss — Five Finger Death Punch, Volbeat, Sixx AM, Starset. And they love In Flames, especially SOAPF and Battles. And I mean *loved* SOAPF, the way we worship The Jester Race. They had no idea that they had a back catalog of nine other albums, either. In Flames is part of that rotation of mainstream bands now. And my younger siblings' friends are all into that new metal, but they're also big fans of the new In Flames.
Well, that's the problem. The media started selling peiple thiae pseudometal bands and traditional metal musicias were like "that's ok because it's introducing new people into metal". But that was not true. It was just the opposite. They're intended to include the traditional metal listeners into the mainstream media. Those youngsters don't listen to bands or albums that we might considere as teaditional metal. They're only interested in that mix of pop with heavier sounds as it makes them feel as, I might say, rebels compared to their surroundings. And worst, they were many traditional musicians those who adapted to the tastes of the new listeners in an effort to connect with the new generations. But that's, in my opinion, a mistake since they don't give a fuck about anything that the bands do. And they won't open to what was the world of metal.

This is really interesting music from the front lines. Maybe I am just getting old. But it seems like there are still plenty of metal heads like us out there. It’s not like we died off.

It's more like we have been surpassed by the followers of a bunch of posers.

Lol :D if the metal scene is now flooded with Slave-a-likes I'm happy to be out of touch.

I do love how triggered the Anders Manlove Crew gets when his childish lyrics are called out for being, well... childish :D rather than just say "I don't think so", it's DISGUSTING, CANCER, NIHILISM, and so on... I guess I shouldn't poke that wasps nest. One of these days somebody on here is going to track me down and strangle me with a Siren Charms t-shirt.

Instagram
Anders Fridén — 33k
In Flames — 148k
Mikael Stanne — 13.5k followers
Dark Tranquility — 45k followers
Soilwork — 33k followers
Arch Enemy — 411k followers (yeah 10x higher)
Opeth — 132k
Behemoth — 394k
Five Finger Death Punch — 689k
Asking Alexandria - 1.1M followers
Slipknot — 3M followers

You just know the only reason Arch Enemy have that many more followers is neckbeards fawning over Angela and Alissa :D

I feel kind of sad for the kids of today growing up with this version of In Flames. When I got into them they were releasing fucking Colony and Clayman. Melodic Death Metal was getting real big and spawning all kinds of bands, particularly in the American scene. It was a really cool time to be into metal. If the band were releasing Siren Charms and Battles 18 years ago I would not have given two shits about them.

Reactions: eochaid
The last thing I'd want is to be affiliated with the stinky metal scene in any way. If I wanted to be a miserable crybaby who lives in the past, because I can't accept that there is a whole world outside of my 4x4 living space, I'd just be an alcoholic, so at least I'd mostly skip the suffering part.

Reactions: eochaid

This video might actually be peak In Flames. Anders running around some kind of ghetto screaming about alcoholism. Bjorn and Jesper have apparently joined the Hell's Angels. Peter has hired prostitutes to wash his jeep, and for some reason there's vicious dogs around too. Daniel is just randomly standing around with a baby.

W T F.

Still great though, especially when you consider just 4 years prior they were doing this:

What the fuck happened :D

This video might actually be peak In Flames. Anders running around some kind of ghetto screaming about alcoholism. Bjorn and Jesper have apparently joined the Hell's Angels. Peter has hired prostitutes to wash his jeep, and for some reason there's vicious dogs around too. Daniel is just randomly standing around with a baby.
You should watch the video for Borders and Shading lol.

The last thing I'd want is to be affiliated with the stinky metal scene in any way. If I wanted to be a miserable crybaby who lives in the past, because I can't accept that there is a whole world outside of my 4x4 living space, I'd just be an alcoholic, so at least I'd mostly skip the suffering part.
Total troll post. Plus you mean the whole “wild” world, right? Just like Anders.

Is it? even this thread is a great showcase why metalheads are by far the most insufferable groups in the musical palette, bar a few hardcore underground groups, but at least they are few in numbers.

Is it? even this thread is a great showcase why metalheads are by far the most insufferable groups in the musical palette, bar a few hardcore underground groups, but at least they are few in numbers.
Every music genre has its serious critics, fans, people overall serious about the music. Not just metal. I’ve dabbled with many genres with elitists and others at the core and I don’t see any of that here. I mean, these particular forums have been here for like 18 years. So you’re telling me that liking In Flames formative albums, the ones that actually made them popular, more than the recent music is insufferable? And all the people who started posting here in the beginning that buikt this forum? That’s crazy. I’m sure you’ve dealt with many insufferable metalheads especially in Europe where it’s a more dominant subculture and that has clouded your opinion.

Every music genre has its serious critics, fans, people overall serious about the music. Not just metal. I’ve dabbled with many genres with elitists and others at the core and I don’t see any of that here. I mean, these particular forums have been here for like 18 years. So you’re telling me that liking In Flames formative albums, the ones that actually made them popular, more than the recent music is insufferable? And all the people who started posting here in the beginning that buikt this forum? That’s crazy. I’m sure you’ve dealt with many insufferable metalheads especially in Europe where it’s a more dominant subculture and that has clouded your opinion.

Don't go into this rabbit hole with Slave :D he just needs to read and understand the following quote: "If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
So you’re telling me that liking In Flames formative albums, the ones that actually made them popular, more than the recent music is insufferable? And all the people who started posting here in the beginning that buikt this forum?
No.

And me being or not being an asshole is not related to me being right or wrong