IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Anders has become such a nuisance...
Have you noticed how TO riff is a variation of RN's? I wonder wich one came first.

Who knows, they recycle so much of their own shit these days that it's hard to tell.

You do wonder why Bjorn hasn't ever really done any solo stuff. I mean, basically his entire musical career is tied to IF and Anders' vocals. It was fine back in the day when Anders was a good melodeath vocalist, but now? He's wasting all his talent collaborating with a guy who can't sing, can't write decent lyrics and whose vocals often bury the melodies beneath them thanks to the production. If Bjorn respects himself as a musician he really should try to branch out. Not saying he should necessarily leave IF, but write some solo stuff, instrumental or with a different vocalist.

But, does he want ? I doubt it. I remember, before sc was released, bjorn had a little online chat with fans. He answered like 25 questions in 3 hours. One was if there was going to be any instrumental piece on the album. His answer was something like "no. We have a very good singer so we don't need to".

I don't see Bjorn as a leader. His only work away from IF, apart from collaborations, was that album that he cowrote with jesper to his own sister. And I'm of the opinion that hr would be doing a guets appearance in cyrah's if it wasn't for Anders.

The thing is, in a year nobody will be listening to this song. On here at least it will be universally held in contempt. The only reason people are forcing themselves to try and like it now is because it's new. Once that newness wears off there is no substance to this song and, like pretty much every track on Battles, it will fade into irrelevence.

Yeah, probably... "IAA" and "House" are being compared to "The End" and "The Truth" now, respectively. And I think it's a good comparison. My reactions to IAA and The End were "a rather good track", to House and The Truth "not that bad". And considering I'm almost never listening to The Truth 2 years after Battles' release, the chances are very good House won't have much lasting replay value on me either.

But, does he want ? I doubt it. I remember, before sc was released, bjorn had a little online chat with fans. He answered like 25 questions in 3 hours. One was if there was going to be any instrumental piece on the album. His answer was something like "no. We have a very good singer so we don't need to".

I don't see Bjorn as a leader. His only work away from IF, apart from collaborations, was that album that he cowrote with jesper to his own sister. And I'm of the opinion that hr would be doing a guets appearance in cyrah's if it wasn't for Anders.

I think if he wanted to move on he would have done so by now. I assume his comment about having a very good singer was diplomatic rather than truthful :D or just years of having to listen to Anders "sing" every night have driven him insane.

I posted it a couple of months ago. You can hear some interesting stuff, indeed.

I must have missed it! Makes you wonder what else you'd hear if all of their albums were made available instrumentally. ASOP especially would probably sound 100x better.

Yeah, probably... "IAA" and "House" are being compared to "The End" and "The Truth" now, respectively. And I think it's a good comparison. My reactions to IAA and The End were "a rather good track", to House and The Truth "not that bad". And considering I'm almost never listening to The Truth 2 years after Battles' release, the chances are very good House won't have much lasting replay value on me either.

I remember saying at the time The Truth was an OK pop-metal song, but a shitty In Flames song. With House I feel like it's just bad all around with practically no redeeming factors. I don't mind putting The Truth on every so often, but I would never even put House onto my mp3 player. There aren't many IF songs that are completely expelled from my playlist (Bottled & TCP might be the only ones) but House will definitely join that small group. I never want to hear it again.

If the House had an original solo but in the same classic style I would back it a lot harder. It could have been a really cool merger of old and new. A way to confuse fans and bring them all together. Especially if it was like a 30-45s solo with multiple passages. Maybe they even intentionally lifted the solo from Square Nothing for that reason.

I will be stunned if there's not a video of this song with someone breaking walls with a maze.

It will be a “the truth” concept as children and teens take back their lives or “house” as they once knew it. As it was before they were influenced to be something they weren’t. Something like this I could see done.....again

I think they should troll the fanbase even further by making the video really stereotypically metal. Maybe even throw some corpse paint on for a laugh.

I thought there was a Disconnected instrumental out there somewhere but I’m not sure, couldn’t find it on YouTube

There’s a Take this Life instrumental on YT also

I thought there was a Disconnected instrumental out there somewhere but I’m not sure, couldn’t find it on YouTube

There’s a Take this Life instrumental on YT also

Feels like D&A was one of the worst songs for them to pick as an instrumental. It isn't very interesting musically at all.

Reactions: Riamu
I haven’t spun ASOP all the way through for some time but I think I’d like to of heard MttS as an instrumental or maybe Condemned.

Do you guys remember Daniels drum play throughs of a few songs in the ASOP days? I’ll see if I can find them later