IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Yeah it's Alissa. She shounds awesome on the track. No clue why the Stålfågel single released was without her vocals on the song, very weird. I've been spinning the album all the time last couple days, it's really nice. First listen I was like this is pretty good, but now it's grown a lot more and I really dig it.
The track with Tomi from Amorphis is awesome, that tremolo riff in the chorus is sick.

Björn said in an interview that they were supposed to work with Alissa on this track but it never happened...

EDIT: I think something didn't work out but some press packs were already out there with Alissa's voice on the track.

It would be funny if the only way one can listen to that version is by pirating the leak haha.

I never realized the original youtube release did not have her. It explains how it became one of my favorites off of the album, while my first impression of the single was "meh".

It's honestly a crime how underrated Soilwork is - especially the latter releases. They've always been in the shadow of other bands, while having superior songwriting and vocals much of the time.

Perhaps it's their historically poor live presence?

I went to a Soilwork show around 2009-ish and I thought they were fine on stage. Nothing special, granted, but they weren't boring like Opeth. Chainheart Machine live was incredibly intense, especially the beginning where Speed screams "I am the sledgehammer messiah" and the drums kick in. The whole floor was shaking.

Honestly I just think Soilwork are a little on the bland side. They write really good music most of the time, but do they have many songs that really stand out to me, that I listen to year after year? Not really. I like most of the stuff from Predator's Portrait, Chainheart Machine and Natural Born Chaos. The rest of their discography is a bit of a blur to me.

I went to a Soilwork show around 2009-ish and I thought they were fine on stage. Nothing special, granted, but they weren't boring like Opeth. Chainheart Machine live was incredibly intense, especially the beginning where Speed screams "I am the sledgehammer messiah" and the drums kick in. The whole floor was shaking.

Honestly I just think Soilwork are a little on the bland side. They write really good music most of the time, but do they have many songs that really stand out to me, that I listen to year after year? Not really. I like most of the stuff from Predator's Portrait, Chainheart Machine and Natural Born Chaos. The rest of their discography is a bit of a blur to me.

I do think they have several songs which really do stand the test of time and you can sing without having heard them for a while. Perhaps not as much as other bands- true. A few that come to mind;

Nerve, Stabbing the Drama, As we Speak, Song of the Damned, Chainheart Machine, Let this River Flow, Shadowchild.

I do think they have several songs which really do stand the test of time and you can sing without having heard them for a while. Perhaps not as much as other bands- true. A few that come to mind;

Nerve, Stabbing the Drama, As we Speak, Song of the Damned, Chainheart Machine, Let this River Flow, Shadowchild.

Yeah, their stuff from the 1999-2002 period is pretty good and there's the odd song after that which is really good too. For me they just never really kicked on from Natural Born Chaos. Figure Number Five was too similar to NBC and (imo anyway) not as good. They totally lost me with Stabbing the Drama (I bought that album and regretted it) and I've never been as into them since. It's hard to put my finger on it, but their post-2003 sound just doesn't quite grab me. All the elements are there and there is the odd song where it comes together really nicely (Exile, Your Beloved Scapegoat, 20 More Miles, Two Lives Worth of Reckoning) but I just find that there's something missing when it comes to full modern Soilwork albums. The Living Infinite had way too many songs. The Ride Majestic was good but honestly I hardly remember any of it now. I'll listen to the new album at some point but I think it'll end up going the same way and it'll be a case of "yeah, that's good" but in six months I'll have forgotten all about it.

The ride majestic is my favourite. To my opinion, their best effort. Lots of inspiration and Bjorn's best effort so far. The new album is good, but I think that the choruses are expectable. I mean that I yet know how the next line is going to sound.

The ride majestic, petrichor in sulfur... So many excellent songs in that album.

On this I really enjoy the first three songs. The rest are just ok, though I really lime the guitar melodies.

This is what I call excellent. Amazing guitar work and vocals with a very good chorus. This is why this album is among my favourites ever.

The Living Infinite trumps The Ride Majestic for me. It just feels more broad, somehow. More experimental, maybe?
Both are excellent efforts though. Verkligheten is different - but still great. Witan is growing on me, but When the Universe Spoke is still a highlight. Sounds like a Sylvain track.

I find the living infinite boring and lack of energy. Definitely my favourite track from the new album is arrival.

I'm waiting for krofius to tell us the meani g of the title but I'm still also waiting for him to tell us happy new year unstead of being a grammar nazi. So I've lost all hope.

Reactions: DE4life
You could've just googled lol, Verkligheten = Reality and Stålfågel = Steel Bird
I don't think we got a happy new year from Krofius or Slave. What a couple of miserable chodes.
Because no one cares, it's cliche behavior doing that

Last edited:
Check out Krofius debuting his new Edgelord persona. He doesn't follow the crowd, he lives life by his own rules.

Reactions: eochaid
You could've just googled lol, Verkligheten = Reality and Stålfågel = Steel Bird

Amazingly it is. You know, spanish is a complicated language.

Because no one cares, it's cliche behavior doing that

I throught that was basic manners. But swedes are so cold... Maybe because you people grew up drinking beer in the skulls of your enemies, killing nuns and raping priests.