IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

It's a pity, as it seems a good fit to a live show, though the ending makes it kinda awkward. You either end it abruptly, or create a different finish. Or you use it as a closing song, and let the backing tracks fade out like in sweet shadow.

So have you guys seen the warm up set list before Borgholm Brinner? Super interesting setlist with quite a few new songs performed live that haven’t been played before, the likes of Metaphor, Battles and Stay with me, Behind Space that hasn’t been played for a while amongst others.
Might have to look for some live footage if there’s anything on YT, particularly Metaphor and Stay with me :D

Actually pretty cool setlist. Much more old stuff than I'd expect, especially Behind Space. Glad to see The Hive back as well.
Btw saw a pretty good live performance of Call My Name, sounded much better live than I thought, and nice to see In Flames utilizing back-up vocals live for once.

Reactions: Ilias7
I just saw them a month ago and now you're telling me they just ditched The Truth, House and Here Until Forever to play bloody Quiet Place and Metaphor with Emilia Feldt?
FML.

Update: Ok, it actually happened on a second day gig. First one was the usual, so I can live with that.

Checked some other uploads from the same dude, this sounded fucking great imo, Anders really sounds good at the moment imo. I hope someone recorded Behind Space with decent quality, would really like to hear how that sounds in 2019.

oh cool if jester slave goes to the show and they will play beyond space he will burst into tears from fear "why he screams like a demon it's not my hero Anders " lmao :rofl:

Behind Space

Loving it. Sounds tight and Anders put out a good performance here.

Good shit. He sounds like a fucking beast man, it sounds so good when he's almost only doing death growls in my opinion. It fits much better, blows 2004 Behind Space from the DVD out of the water. I love the long growls, the one at 1:42-1:49 is sick.

Reactions: galvanized
Anders sounds good. Maybe too good. Is it dubbed?

But who the fuck is that lady? She sounds like shit and fucked the whole thing up. The first time the best R2R song is ever played live and it’s ruined???
Exactly my thought. She breaks the mood of the song.

Aa for Ansers. I think this song is not hard to sing. He has to keep his voice at a low tone and there's not a big variation on the scale that he's using.

Eh, Metaphor performance is OK, but the woman kind of ruins it and for some reason in the second half of the song Anders starts to get obnoxiously nasally. Dude just cannot sing :D bless him for trying though. Metaphor is a song probably better left on CD - cool that it got a live performance though.

Behind Space sounds better on the Used & Abused DVD imo, but the low growls work fine for it as well.

Eh, Metaphor performance is OK, but the woman kind of ruins it and for some reason in the second half of the song Anders starts to get obnoxiously nasally. Dude just cannot sing :D bless him for trying though. Metaphor is a song probably better left on CD - cool that it got a live performance though.

Behind Space sounds better on the Used & Abused DVD imo, but the low growls work fine for it as well.
The nasally part made me think he was actually singing. The first half sounds just like the album.

But when Emilia started, my initial reaction was WTF? Is this an Arcturus La Masquerade song? Apparently she’s the voice on Siren Charms. Way, wayyyyyy out of place here.

Since balance must be kept, in the chirus of swm he's terrible.

But you didn't link Swim, lol. DId you mean HUF? On Stay With Me he's good (though it's not a hard song), and I skipped HUF because it's boring but I assume you meant that.

Speaking of Swim, I am actually yet to find a live recording of it, but I'd like it.

I really like how they utilize backing vocals now. They should keep at it, and maybe Niclas can join in on the fun too. Also, they had tons of fun on the stage, even the fill-in guy, so that's good to see.

Will none of you complain that the New Dawn was not played even though they had strings? It's quite baffling.