In Flames New Album

What do you think of In Flames new clean singing?

• It's fantastic.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It's good in some songs.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • It's alright, I prefer his harsh vocals

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JesterRace

May 30, 2002
USA
Visit site
The new In Flames album "Reroute To Remain" has already leaked out onto the internet, so I was wondering who has heard it and what you think. I haven't heard anything totally positive about it, but I have an advanced copy of the album and I think that it's a lot better than some people will say about it. It has a lot of clean singing, which is new to in flames. I think that like Soilwork's new album, the clean singing is a bit overused, and that's been people's main complaint with it that I've heard so far.

The album title "Reroute to Remain" explains their newfound style on this album, but if you really listen to the songs, you can see the great deal of diversity between them. I admit there's a bunch of songs on the album that I haven't been able to get into, but we'll have to see how they handle the criticism and see what they do with the next album. Before you dismiss this album you have to listen to the song "Trigger". It's a perfect example of where I think clean singing, and anders does a good job of it, can add a lot of emotion to a song. The chorus sends a chill down my spine. "Collect some stars to shine for you, just not yet today there were only a few". "Are we dancing all alone?".