In honor of Seattle's trip to the SUPER BOWL

Lillitu said:
Funny how many people in Seattle are now fans that they were contenders/are in the superbowl.

I'm two hours from Seattle and I am pissed they won. I'm so damn sick of hearing about it and I knew if they lost the local news channel would go back to REAL news. The more the local teams loose the less I hear about it.

Lillitu said:
As for best fans I've seen? Green Bay. Lambeau is rarely empty and their fans travel to away games consistently.

Check out a game at Arrowhead Stadium. Arrowhead and Lambeau are in a league of their own when it comes to atmospheres and fans.

RockMyMonkey said:
I'm two hours from Seattle and I am pissed they won. I'm so damn sick of hearing about it and I knew if they lost the local news channel would go back to REAL news.

Yeah, local news channels and real news :tickled: Man, that's one thing I don't miss about being in the States: at least the news on TV is relatively informative over here.

Anyhoot, I don't think you could blame the fans for by and large turning their backs on the Behring travesty. I sat through some awful games, even in Husky Stadium, but I can see how many of the fans that used to pack the Kingdome would wait and see what Paul Allen might do to the team before getting back into it. Considering the ticket sales since they entered the new SeaHawks Stadium (I can't get myself to use the name of that sponsor), and the way the fans got back into it after getting Holmgren in, I'm not disappointed. I just wished I could be there to enjoy these few weeks now...

Hey Neon Black, how good a season could they have had with a good 3/4 of their starting lineup on the bench for pretty much all of the season?

Skekis: I have been to Arrowhead. I lived in KS in HS and college. I left cause I hated that state. :loco: They do know how to grow fans though. The Chiefs and the Royals both.

Dead_fetus: about which exactly?

lizard said:
being born in Melrose MA, I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with my three superbowl victories in four years....*sigh*
haha you should be proud, although I am more of a fan of underdogs in general. For a few years there, it was kind of like, "oh boy, the Patriots...again." Kinda got sick of seeing Tom Brady for a while there. Same thing for hockey with Jersey and Detroit while I was waiting for my poor Blackhawks to get a shot.

I actually am happy about both teams going. They were both of my number one picks in each division. I would like to see the Hawks win because that would make the almost defunct NFC look good. Also, Mike Holmgren is my favorite coach, the man's the grandfather of modern football IMO. I am happy about the Steelers going because they are the next closest to home team (I'm from Philly) all of the Eagles fans are pissed about the Steelers success(I don't like the Eagles) so I would be happy if they win for that reason. Also, Jerome Bettis is one of my favorite runningbacks of all time, I would like to see him retire on a high note, a superbowl victory is about as high a note as possible! Decisions.... decisions..

I made a similar thread in the Opeth forum, and I tell you they must all be gay over there. They are all saying that they don't like or understand football, or they don't care.

I don't like or understand football, and I wish that the newspaper would actually have something other than football in it, but I'll leave you all to enjoy your football stuff.