Khanate - Khanate
Saturnus - Paradise Belongs to You
Thergothon - Stream From the Heavens
Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
Anathema - The Silent Enigma
Solitude Aeturnus - Adagio

hmm, some albums that are doomy/depressing?? let's see:

-Type O Negative- World Coming Down
-My Dying Bride- The Angel and the Dark River (probably the most depressing of all albums ever)
-Trouble- Psalm 9
-Trouble- The Skull
-My Dying Bride- Turn Loose the Swans (depressing, but brutal)
-Cathedral- Endtyme
-Crowbar- Sonic Excess in its Purest Form (a little repetative, though)
-Agalloch- The Mantle (very atmosphericm, one of 2002's best metal albums)
-Electric Wizard- Come My Fanatics

Dude,
I agree w/ Alpha666 about Amorphis. Anything by them is perfect "be depressed and dig it" music. Their music goes all the way from crushingly heavy (early stuff) to wierdly beautiful. Give them a try.

-Harry

Good dep-songs:

Ben Folds Five - Mess
Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow... (Heavy Emotion Version :)
My Dying Bride - Roads (it's Portishead cover, original is great also, but do check this out. Aaron sounds like he's been dead for years, it really works).

t.

One that not near enough people have mentioned is Disembowelment-Transcendence.......This is the most oppressive album I own......bar none. Also Anathema-The silent Enigma is great.

Originally posted by thrashmetal78
OOOOHHHHHHH HOW I LOOOOVVVEE JUDGEMENT BY ANATHEMA!!!!

My favorite album by them BY FAR.

Not really that depressing, but there is one song on there that made me weep....never happened before until I heard this song. And it wasn't one of those gay, I-can-relate-because-I've-been-there kind of songs, you could just feel his pain. The song is called "One Last Goodbye", and the solo at the end is heartbreaking. I can play it on my guitar and it wretches every bit of feeling out of you.

An absolutely stunning song! It has to be the most heartfelt/emotional song i have ever heard. Brings a tear to my eye every time. It nearly killed me after my girlfriend finished me.
Another good one is "Drowning in Dreams" by Dawn of Dreams (the Austrian one) its on an album called Amber.

i just found a new band to be depressed to -- daylight dies. they have an album "no reply" on relapse. its great
there are some in flames songs that really rip me up inside, but i think thats a personal issue having to do with my special feelings of being totally in love with in flames in a backstreet boys fan kind of way, not a recommendation.