Inflames Terrible new vocals

Alright I just fricking don't get why you people are so into the old stuff, I just listened to Colony and other stuff and I STILL can't hear what's so different on the new and old, the vocals definately aren't that different, actually the old stuff is much more funny if listening carefully. And I don't know about music either anyway, I don't see anything that makes the old stuff better, there's slow & fast just like there's in the latest albums, there's some nice melodies and etc. on both "era"s.

pfft, maybe I just need to get R2R to see the changing point, and CC to see what everyone complains about...
(Well though I've heard CC (song) and it's not that terrible...)

Alright I just fricking don't get why you people are so into the old stuff, I just listened to Colony and other stuff and I STILL can't hear what's so different on the new and old, the vocals definately aren't that different, actually the old stuff is much more funny if listening carefully. And I don't know about music either anyway, I don't see anything that makes the old stuff better, there's slow & fast just like there's in the latest albums, there's some nice melodies and etc. on both "era"s.

pfft, maybe I just need to get R2R to see the changing point, and CC to see what everyone complains about...
(Well though I've heard CC (song) and it's not that terrible...)

Seriously, you can't tell the difference between TJR and STYE? It's like two different bands. I like both albums (one far more than the other, guess which) but mate, if you can't hear the difference between the two albums (or any In Flames album up until Clayman compared with STYE onwards) in terms of music style that's worrying.

What kind of deafness doesn't take out the ability to enjoy music but still make one not see what other people complain about...?

I listened to Reroute to Remain yesterday and I didn't like it that much, but it's purely because it was so chaotic. =I will like it once I give it abit more listens.

Also I listened to Moonshield and I liked it alot because it was so simple and easy to listen to. = I will get bored later.

NP: Scorn

I'm slowly beginning to understand your opinion, though I still think that new stuff is as good (mostly if not completely).

Hi i joined the forum now. Ive been listening in flames for about a year now i think and people who say that new in flames suck is really really wrong. the old stuff has more "death metal" but the new songs are just epic. ive never heard anything like that to even if you dont like it just try to understand the musical value of the songs. yes maybe he does some studio tricks to his voice but this songs are just something like a gift to mankind. with studio tricks or not, if he can do this kind of songs he should be doing it otherwise we will not be able to listen to these great songs.

I think we should lock membership on this forum. There should be a typography and grammar test to get in. There should also be a test of basic music knowledge. Anyone who thinks that new In Flames could reasonably be characterized as epic, or that old In Flames had much to do with death metal beyond a couple songs on the first album and ep, should be denied access.

Wait.
On second thought, he'll fit right in.

Hi i joined the forum now. Ive been listening in flames for about a year now i think and people who say that new in flames suck is really really wrong. the old stuff has more "death metal" but the new songs are just epic. ive never heard anything like that to even if you dont like it just try to understand the musical value of the songs. yes maybe he does some studio tricks to his voice but this songs are just something like a gift to mankind. with studio tricks or not, if he can do this kind of songs he should be doing it otherwise we will not be able to listen to these great songs.

Do I really have to go find you and kill you?

What kind of deafness doesn't take out the ability to enjoy music but still make one not see what other people complain about...?

I listened to Reroute to Remain yesterday and I didn't like it that much, but it's purely because it was so chaotic. =I will like it once I give it abit more listens.

Also I listened to Moonshield and I liked it alot because it was so simple and easy to listen to. = I will get bored later.

How about you listen to the entire album and not just one song before we have to hear your opinion that know one really cares about...

I'm The Highway rules, minus the awful chorus. It sounds like something out of The Hobbit.

im the highway is like giving a blowjob to a man, so very very wrong.

Depends on the person, I think you're abit...narrowminded for saying that. Not that I'm a gay, but I don't say it's wrong.

Oh and back to the subject!

I got The jester race, listened to it, I love it, but I still don't think it's THAT much better than the new stuff, pretty much equal I'd say.

Some details: I like the growling, but it's just way too inaccurate to be that good, the new stuff at times sounds alot different but atleast he spells the words correctly.
I think the melodies didn't stand out pretty much at all, in the end, what really does make this Melodic death metal? That it has some acoustics?
And I can't really say that all the lyrics were superior compared to the new stuff, yeah yeah they didn't have shit in there, but still I think that most of the stuff is equally good, though many parts are much better than on the new albums.
About artwork...dunno, I just have to say I prefer the new stuff over atleast this one, except for STYE which though is very atmospheric, is way too simple, and I have never liked musical objects (or band members for that matter) on album art.

Anyways, I prefer both nonmelodicdeathmetal, and power&progmetal over In Flames, new or old.

I think if you judge the quality of vocals by their pronunciation you're just being fucking gay.

As for the melodies, you've gotta be kidding. Turn it up. The melodies might be less obvious because they're not sung, but tbh if you don't think the melodies to Moonshield, The Jester's Dance, Artifacts Of The Black Rain, and...let's see...every other song...don't stand out then there's something wrong with your stereo (I mean that seriously, I played the album in the car once and it sounded awful. A very finicky production).

As for the lyrics, I agree. But the artwork is vastly better.

And the intersection of "power&progmetal" is one of the gayest places in the world.