Influences

I really like to discover old obscure bands..some times you can find some hidden treasure that otherwise would have never been rebrought to light.
Catsle even recorded an album..is it a good one?

Admittingly the Castle debut is good in my book and I know that others agree, but it isn't the best out there, if you like early 90s death doom then it is a nice thing to have. It isn't too heavy compared to the other 90s death/doom bands though and I have one of their demos, it is along the same lines...

I bought mine for a dollar of e-bay, but I think that was a fluke....

Edit: Though I personally like it a lot...

Admittingly the Castle debut is good in my book and I know that others agree, but it isn't the best out there, if you like early 90s death doom then it is a nice thing to have. It isn't too heavy compared to the other 90s death/doom bands though and I have one of their demos, it is along the same lines...

I bought mine for a dollar of e-bay, but I think that was a fluke....

Edit: Though I personally like it a lot...

Thank you, maybe I'll search for it..

It's possible we heard Castle back in the tape trading days, but they definitely weren't an influence on us in any way. I'd be interested in hearing them sometime.

Speaking of old death/doom demos, if anyone is searching through Ebay and happens across old Dead Sereande demos, let me know, I actually only have one copy of each demo we did and I'd like to have extras, especially since cassettes tend to wear out.

It's possible we heard Castle back in the tape trading days, but they definitely weren't an influence on us in any way. I'd be interested in hearing them sometime.

Speaking of old death/doom demos, if anyone is searching through Ebay and happens across old Dead Sereande demos, let me know, I actually only have one copy of each demo we did and I'd like to have extras, especially since cassettes tend to wear out.

I didn't think they where influences, but they certianly have a somewhat similiar sound....

Edit: Much more with your older stuff...

Neurotoxin.jpg

I think I had that demo years ago, unfortunatly, I lost all my cassettes about 8 years ago when I had them all in storage and didn't pay the balance, lost them all, along with a drum set and other stuff.

Was good music though.

GI Joe was cool, but I was more into the Transformers, and that new movie was freaking boss! Anyone else see it?

I think I had that demo years ago, unfortunatly, I lost all my cassettes about 8 years ago when I had them all in storage and didn't pay the balance, lost them all, along with a drum set and other stuff.

Was good music though.

GI Joe was cool, but I was more into the Transformers, and that new movie was freaking boss! Anyone else see it?

Great movie absolutely. I still love Transformers nowadays and I've got a quite big collection.

Ok, you guys might think I am off my rocker for even asking, but is SONIC YOUTH in any shape or form an influence?

I don't hear any direct influences musically, though SY definitely challenges traditional playing and tuning.

I have been listening to them a bit lately (First time in a very long time), and wanted to ask if any members here dig them at all.

I like Sonic Youth but not a major fan. I don't think anyone else in ND, besides Nunez perhaps, cares for them much. So definitely not an influence.

My interest in alternate tunings probably comes more from people like Jimmy Page, who utilised that quite a bit, and I spent alot of time learning Zep tunes when I was younger. Not to mention the ever present Voivod influence. And the very low drop tuning was just an old Swedish DM influence, I've been playing in B-flat tuning on and off since 1991, 1992.

I like Sonic Youth but not a major fan. I don't think anyone else in ND, besides Nunez perhaps, cares for them much. So definitely not an influence.

My interest in alternate tunings probably comes more from people like Jimmy Page, who utilised that quite a bit, and I spent alot of time learning Zep tunes when I was younger. Not to mention the ever present Voivod influence. And the very low drop tuning was just an old Swedish DM influence, I've been playing in B-flat tuning on and off since 1991, 1992.

Sometime I wonder how a guitarist can imagine to use an open tuning..there's something of the genius in this thing, I mean, look at Dire Straits for example.

Downtuning :headbang:

Somewhere I heard that the excessive downtuning could damage the bridge and that if one wants to use it constantly, must have a guitar with a different bridge..since I'm not a guitar player mainly, I'm asking..

Btw I like Sonic Youth quite much..