Interest post on STDs - is this accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the odds of getting aids from randomly having sex with a non drug abusing white female in the US is about the same odds as getting struck by lightning.

I'm not telling anybody not to protect themselves, but we need to stop this bullshit hysteria all over mainstream media.

the odds of getting aids from randomly having sex with a non drug abusing white female in the US is about the same odds as getting struck by lightning.

I'm not telling anybody not to protect themselves, but we need to stop this bullshit hysteria all over mainstream media.

Link to this?

Statistics? Facts?

Please back this shit up, thanks.

I don't have to tell you that huge percentage of aids victims are

1)gay
2)black
3)drug addicts/abusers/sharing needles

I also shouldn't have to tell you only 1 million out of 300 million people in the US have aids (take away kids/elderly, it's still like 1 out of 150-200 million)

female to male transmission of aids is much more difficult than male to female. Both are very low risk

vaginal intercourse is much more difficult to transmit aids than anal.

all this leads to nearly astronomical odds of receiving aids from a "clean" white female in the US.

stop believing the bullshit media feeds you and find out the truth.

I don't have to tell you that huge percentage of aids victims are

1)gay
2)black
3)drug users

I also shouldn't have to tell you only 1 million out of 300 million people in the US have aids (take away kids/elderly, it's still like 1 out of 150-200 million)

female to male transmission of aids is much more difficult than male to female

vaginal intercourse is much more difficult to transmit aids than anal.

stop believing the bullshit media feeds you and find out the truth.

I'm not saying I believe everything the media tries to spoonfeed me, it's just that you aren't backing up your shit with facts. Provide links to make it not look like you are pulling this shit out of your ass. I think two of the things you listed there are pretty much common knowledge for anyone who is cognizant of world affairs (including public health).

Dave probably got the struck by lightning quote from this:

http://www.aliveandwell.org/html/risk_realities/faq_odds.html

edit: or perhaps one of a few other sites that list the same statistics (along with your house getting torched and blah blah blah)

finally! somebody with a fucking clue

1996 Wall Street Journal article on AIDS reports that the chance of contracting HIV from random unprotected sex with non-IV drug using heterosexuals is "smaller than the risk of ever being struck by lightening."

Further, some mainstream AIDS experts assert that HIV is not passed from a woman to a man. Accepting the purported accuracy of HIV tests, the text “Sex At Risk” by Stuart Brody, PhD draws concludes there is no evidence in the medical literature for vaginal transmission of HIV. A couple years ago, the very orthodox AIDS magazine POZ ran a cover story on how men in America cannot get HIV from a woman. Also, female prostitutes, perhaps the most sexually active women around (and who carry out their activities in less than ideal health circumstances) are not even listed by the US Centers for Disease Control as a risk group for AIDS

Dave, if you want to go around and have unprotected sex, that's your call, but the girl you're with may not be cool with it.

Critical thinking isn't exactly your forte, is it?

I'll try to make this easy...

I'm trying to sell you a car. I say it gets 100 miles to a gallon. You say, "100? Are you sure?" and I say, "Well, make it's more like 50."

At this point are you happy that we're closer to reality or suspicious of why I lied in the first place?

Is high school health class a bunch of crap? Maybe, the high school I did attend was an all girl catholic school and we didn't learn about any of this.

Is this guy full of crap? Maybe again.

Schools have a good reason to try to keep kids from becoming sexually intimate: pregnant girls miss school, they get paid by the body, by the day. That's why they have such a hardon about attendence.

What is this guy's reason for distorting reality? I don't know, but there must be some reason because he did it.

Personally, I make a guy use a condom. My boyfriend has been allowed to go bareback for the last year or so because I trust that we're in a monogomous relationship and he's had an HIV test. I don't take stupid chances with my health, and I would advise you not to either. But maybe more importantly, I wouldn't get medical advise from a metal message board.
You must be on birth control then because or he must've had a vasectomy right?
I'd wear a condom everytime, no way would I want to have kids and no way would I ever want an STD. I can't comment on what a condom feels like as I've never wore one(I've heard good and bad about it) but who cares when you think about the consequences.

You must be on birth control then because or he must've had a vasectomy right?

No. I wouldn't mind having kids with him, but I've got some other issues that make it unlikely that I could get pregnant or carry a child for the whole term. I used to be kinda glad, because I didn't think I'd be able to handle being a parent or I wouldn't be good at it, but I've had a change of heart about it. I could see trying to adopt as another possibility, but I don't know if that would be possible either.

Status
Not open for further replies.