Interesting Phenomenon

Puzzlebox

Jan 20, 2006
While Opeth is my favorite band...I certainly listen to a lot of diverse music. And without getting into a bunch of what I listen to...

I was listening to Nine Inch Nails, and the song Ruiner. And I thought, wow, Opeth would do a great cover of this song. It lends itself to an Opeth sound.

Mikael and Co. should check it out and give it a try. Places for clean vocals and death style vocals.

Does this phenomenon happen to other people, where you're listening to some music and you're thinking how would Opeth play this song?

Anyway...Meh...

Does this phenomenon happen to other people, where you're listening to some music and you're thinking how would Opeth play this song?

Can't say that I have.

Sometimes I start listening to another band, and then go and listen to Opeth because that band just isn't as good.

Hmm I think that would be cool. Opeth going back and redoing Morningrise or something, mostly just to see what they can do the second time around.

You know what would be epic?

To have Opeth rerecord all of their previous stuff and put it on one huge album. :headbang:

I don't exactly think that the word "phenomenon" should be used in this situation. It's certainly not a phenomenon.

The type of stuff I always think of is what songs a live medley would comprise of from my favorite band if I were to choose. I won't say the band name, so I'll leave you guys guessing who my favorite band is. They already do these songs in they're medleys....

Metallica - Creeping Death
Sepultura - Territory
Pantera - A New Level
Iron Maiden - The Trooper

.....and a few others.

'floyd - Comfortably Numb (ooh yuss)
'vana - Heart shaped box (I'd be quite interested to hear what this'd sound like)
'deth - Symphony of destruction :-D
APC - Brena

yes all very different from Opeths style..

or maybe....
led zep - Kashmir/stairway/no quarter