Into the Everflow: The Progressive Metal Thread

Revisited Awaken the Guardian by Fates Warning, one of those albums I seem obligated to like given my prog leanings. I enjoy and respect it, but relative to the praise it gets I'm still underwhelmed. Doesn't seem to have much dynamic range or something. Maybe it's too subtle for me. I don't find it memorable at all. Oh well.

sounds like you'd be more into the spectre within tbh

I'm blanking, help me out.
Sorry lol I realize it was like two years ago you recommended it. I don't really know how to describe it - some kind of weird death/prog fusion with a touch of Celtic Frost Into the Pandemonium vibe but much more amorphous song structure.

sounds like you'd be more into the spectre within tbh
Cool I'll check that one out, thx.

Reactions: CiG
Sorry lol I realize it was like two years ago you recommended it. I don't really know how to describe it - some kind of weird death/prog fusion with a touch of Celtic Frost Into the Pandemonium vibe but much more amorphous song structure.

Oh right the band Misanthrope, lol sorry totally forgot the name of the album. Glad you got something out of it at least.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd

My RYM follows are not kind to this but I dig it. Progressive power metal with an epic scope and a sense of cosmic tragedy (as attested by song titles like "The Tower of Cosmic Nihility".)