Introduce yourself

Hey guys welcome on the most active forum from UM, lol ;)
Nice to see some "old" people here still active.

Yes feub we covered "I am the black wizards" that night. We recorded a version of it for the bonus cd of Cybion actually :) "Beyond the gate" fanzine does indeed ring a bell, I'm sure I still have it somewhere (I kept all the letters from that time, haha, good old days of papers and enveloppes).
As for the Rencontres du Fantastique Festival I think it was Blockheads / Inhumate and Westing House, are you sure Mortuary were playing? It was a pretty fucked up night for us... The music from the intro was still playing through the PA (Vangelis "1492, Conquest of Paradise" soundtrack) through the first 2 songs (which lasted about 15 minutes... nice...). Thanks to the inattentive sound guy. People were complaining and shouting: "The keyboards ruin everything!!!" but it was the CD, lol. And the audience was really not into it (were more into brutal) until we played that Emperor song, should have started with this :)

Hi there ! Brett you know me a little .... lol
I live in Lançon de provence near Marseille (South of France), Im 32 years old !
My favorites bands are ... Sentenced and many melodic death metal bands ...
I have known Kalisia with "Skies" and waiting so long to hear "Cybion" .... :saint:
I'm working for a french webradio (Station Portail) and a part of Cybion will be broadcast on it in January ... (see my other topic)
Thanks a lot See you !

Hello. My name is Nicolas, I'm a journalist and live in France (Chartres, near Paris). I'm 30 and discovered Kalisia in 1997 or 1998 (can't remember exactly) thanks to a friend of mine who was also my guitar teacher. I play (poorly) guitar for Perpetual (e)motion ( http://www.perpetual-e-motion.net ), a "not so prog" prog metal band from Paris.
My fav. bands : Maiden, Metallica (that's unusual !),Dream Theater, Cynic, Shadow Gallery, Symphony X, Ark (RIP), Opeth, Porcupine tree, Pain of salvation, Coroner... and some non-metal artists : King Crimson, Air, Pink Floyd, Spock's beard, Blackfield, Sigur ros...
Now waiting for Cybion !

Hi, I'm Alex from Paris in France. I just discovered kalisia a few weeks ago and I love the samples from Cybion I heard.

I'm a big Guns N'Roses fan (not exactly the same music as yours...) and a Dream Theater fan.

I'm very open to every kind of metal and rock music (Metallica, Dream Theater, GNR, Finntroll, Gamma Ray, Moonspell, etc, etc, etc)

Some french bands I like : Kalisia (of course), Adagio, Mylidian, Kerion, Karelia, Heavenly, SUP, and a few more I forget (sorry). So bad that french bands don't receive support from labels and music industry.

I wish you all the best for the release of Cybion and for the future of the band that deserves a big success

Hi ! I'm Adrien, medecine student in paris (France). I'm sorry at first for my bad english expression (I was never good for other language)

What about me ? My favorites bands ? Too much, except the old children of bodom who has change my vision of metal music. But I'm fan of black metal, speed metal, melodic death metal, pagan and folk metal, ... I'm simply open ! Sometimes I can heard drum and bass too ! So it seems that cybion was make for me =)
I've discovered kalisia the last month, a friend from the webzine "heavylaw" shows me the myspace and cybion was buy directly

Hi, I just registered here. I'm a 23-year-old guy from Bilbao, Spain and I study Telecommunications Engineering. I'm obviously a Metal fan, being Prog my favorite genre. But i also like Hevy, Power, Thrash and Melodic Death Metal.

I learned from Kalisia by browsing the charts for best metal album of 2009 in rateyourmusic.com. Then I downloaded the album (from p2p), and as it turned to be really good, I ordered the digipak, which arrived last Tuesday. But it wasn't until Sunday that I found 71 free minutes to sit down and listen carefully to the full album while browsing the booklet. I found the album concept quite interesting, it really matches the music and the packaging is also great. I was really surprised how professional everything looks and feels. A great piece of work Cybion is. Keep the good work!!

I'm 18 and I live in Paris. I discovered Kalisia thanks to a friend of mine who read the Spirit of Metal's review of Cybion. I'm currently studying litterature, philosophy and all that crap (hypôkhagne pour ceux qui connaissent ...).
I enjoy many styles, from power metal to black. My favorite bands are Machine Head, Dream Theater, Bodom, Dragonforce (I'm gay for Frédéric <3 ), Rage, Turisas, and maybe Kalisia, who knows ...

I've been playing piano for 11 years and I've recently started keyboards (playing on a korg x50).

(I think I'm one of the youngest here ... wow)

I'm Nate, 33, from the US. I recently downloaded Cybion (via filesharing) and gave it a proper listen today. I was blown away and ordered it (from lasercd.com) before I had even finished listening one time through :D I typically listen to bands in the prog/power genres (Iced Earth, Kamelot, Pyramaze, Epica, etc.)...and Cybion is just an amazing blend of heaviness, atmospherics, melodies, and technicality. I can't wait to get the digipak!

Hi, i'm from Montpellier, 21 years and student in medicine. My english is far far away from perfection, so I hope you'll understand me (and be indulgent ^^).

I discovered Kalisia and Cybion thanks to Laurent Pouget, who was talking (with humility) about "a metal progressive experimental album which should be available soon" for some years. So I ordered it recently.

I'm not a death metal or prog metal fan 'coz I don't like the harsh vocals (sorry brett ^^) which often caracterize this genre... So what am I doing here ?
I do an exception to the no-harsh-vocals-rule for cybion (maybe because i'm a sci-fi fan ? Maybe because it still sounds really really good ?). I was surprised when I discovered the quality of Cybion, this UFO among all albums (not only due to it's originality... but because it's original AND well done).

Wish all the best to cybion and kalisia :)

Salut, je suis un homme finlandaise de 16 ans seulement.
Je découvrai Kalisia quelque 4 mois apres dans last.fm, j'ai été notre fan depuis alors. Generalement j'aime metal de genres comme black metal ou melodeath/gothenburg, et Kalisia est mon premiere bande de progressif metal.
Aussi j'ai etudié francais dans l'ecole pour 6 and, j'ecrirai ce poste pour savoir si je peux ca faire :)

I'm Matt, 21, from Melbourne, Australia.

I think I first came across Kalisia a few years ago, while trying to find metal bands who incorporate saxophones in their music. I've pretty much been obsessed ever since I heard the sample on the myspace page.

I've actually got a quick question.... which solo does Paul Masvidal perform?

My name is quite obvious (under my username, soon to become my actual username hopefully) and I'm 20, from Melbourne, Australia.
I was formerly on the Progressive Metal Team at Progarchives.com ( the same username over there curently, but I don't go to Progarchives.com much anymore, I hang around UM a lot more now because really I'm more interested in metal than prog rock in general) and I believe it may have been Brett that was there to suggest the band for inclusion, so we voted on the band to be added, and I was given the task of writing out the biography for Kalisia.

-bumps-

I'm Danyul, 20 year old from the Great White North (Canada, we're like America's hat). I'm currently 2 months away from starting Basic Training for the Canadian Airforce, going to become an Intel Tech or Supply Tech (for now) and I'm also a global moderator on a Japanese rock forum, one of the biggest I might add. It's called taintedworld.net. I'm a huge doom metal fan, mainly funeral doom but I also like my share of death/melodic death, prog, black, folk and power metal. Some of my favorite bands are: Kalisia (obviously), Ayreon, Jupiter Society, Ahab, Esoteric, Remembrance, Gojira and Woods of Ypres. Oh and I'm a massive Battlestar Galactica fan, the re imagined series not the older one or the older movie mainly cause Katee Sackhoff + Tricia Helfer on one TV show is like..*drools*

How I found out about Kalisia:

I "accidentally" stumbled onto Kalisia's music when I was searching for bands that have significant science fiction themes and bam, Kalisia shot into my life and now I can't stop listening to Cybion. Also, I might add Brett your harsh vocals are killer.

Hi !
My name is Benjamin, and I'm 18. I live in Lyon (France).
My favorite bands are, I think, Cynic (Focus is fantastic), Coroner, Megadeth, Death... and Kalisia now.
I discovered Kalisia thanks to the great cover of the greatest song in the universe : How could I ^^
When I saw that someone had covered my favourite song, I was at first disappointed, but I was forced to admit that the cover is fucking amazing too !

Cybion is now one of my favorite albums. It is almost perfect ! The Kal language is really funny. It's fucking impressive. And I love the cover of Loudblast, with the solo of Masvidal. I can imagine that to meet Paul Masvidal if Cynic is your favorite band must be a great experience ! I'm jealous.