Intros to death metal albums

I love a good intro to a death metal album. I pop a CD in and hear the intro and I just get ready to headbang my fuckin ass off. IMO, the best intro to a death metal album ever is Fear And Wonder by Dimmu Borgir. It's on the album Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia.

:lol:

For sure they are not death metal. I think of them as symphonic black-ish metal.

I like the intro into ...And Then You'll Beg, Because I love that line from The Matrix :D

How about:

Mortician : Skin Peeler goes a bit like this.

(Cheesy voice) " I'm coming to get you...." then a chainsaw being revved up and the guy screams as you hear him getting chopped.

Thyrfing : Storms Of Asgard

Braveheart quote and some battle noises

Cryptopsy's crown of thorns intro is awesome.

LOL I'm just listening to ManOwar and just realised the best intro ever may be Pleasure Slave :D

Any song that contains the line "Woman...remove your garments" is great in my book.

I fucking hate all these keyboard intros that sound exactly the same! Totally fucking unnessesary! Makes me wanna fucking kill someone!! ..or at least break someones nose or something...
In my opinion a fucking shotgun reloading is enough.. Or maybe a chainsaw carving through flesh and bones, and you hear the inner organs crushed and splattered across the room!!!
Or it starts with childrens cries, and then you hear a shotgun reloading and blows its fucking brains out!

i can't believe no one mention carcass!? i think one of the main reasons why everybody uses those spoken word intros nowdays is because of necroticism, every intro in that album is perfect,classic just like the album.

Neurotic said:
i can't believe no one mention carcass!? i think one of the main reasons why everybody uses those spoken word intros nowdays is because of necroticism, every intro in that album is perfect,classic just like the album.
I like the intro to Inpropagation at the beginning or Necroticism.

Endead said:
I fucking hate all these keyboard intros that sound exactly the same! Totally fucking unnessesary! Makes me wanna fucking kill someone!! ..or at least break someones nose or something...
In my opinion a fucking shotgun reloading is enough.. Or maybe a chainsaw carving through flesh and bones, and you hear the inner organs crushed and splattered across the room!!!
Or it starts with childrens cries, and then you hear a shotgun reloading and blows its fucking brains out!
:lol: you'd LOVE Still Born Feast/Festering Maggots by Sikfuk then, hehe.

'Jesus loves me yes I know! Cuz the bible tells me s...'*BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM*!!!

I like musical acoustic intros best, like the intro to Immolation's Unholy Cult. I'm not all that big of an Immolation fan though; their music is wierd, and seemingly offbeat at times (even in the main riff of the first song on that CD), with not enough crushing goove or power.

Life Sucks said:
I like musical acoustic intros best, like the intro to Immolation's Unholy Cult. I'm not all that big of an Immolation fan though; their music is wierd, and seemingly offbeat at times (even in the main riff of the first song on that CD), with not enough crushing goove or power.
its great.. same goes for the whole album.

I've always thought that if Immolation had a superb production with a nice think, deep and rich guitar tone and a pounding bass drum sound, that i'd fuckin love them.