Is it just me ?

Stand-Ablaze

Danger - Keep Away
Jan 6, 2004
Belfast
Is it just me or is the "New wave of American Heavy Metal" getting more annoying as the day goes by.

We've got bands that look alike, sound alike, play alike, sing alike, and everything else you can think off. Even the names are alike (Something must die, Everytime I die, It dies today, As I lay dying - Do you see the pattern here ?)

Maybe I'm just bitter. :yell:

I can't begin to explain how much I despise the new wave of American metalcore. It's like these faggots just discovered At the Gates yesterday and then proceed to insert generic, wanna-be Gothenburg riffs amidst the typical mediocre hardcore fodder. All these bands sound the same and what's worse is all the little mall-dwellers eat that shit up.

lol, somthing must die. i know those guys. they fuckin suck! some of em are nice, some of em are dickheads. they got put on this metalfest. it was pretty much all bm/dm and then SMD (metalcore). talk about a wrong audience.
~gR~

I don't know who "coined" the phrase NWOAHM, but's it's weak. A blatant rip off.
Annoying? Yes & no, there are very few bands in that "group" of bands that are worth while. I think they'll be around for sometime. As for the hype? Well, someone on here posted that give it a year or two & it'll go away. That's enough time to weed out some of the inferior bands.

I'm sure there are a few bands in the group, for example God Forbid are half decent, they also set themselves apart from the typical metalcore band though.

Reading the lyrics of the majority of these bands they are just bland, vague and really, what's the point in the genre ? It's worse than Limp Bizkit imo, at least they done thier own thing.

I used to be inot metalcore when I was first getting into metal but now I can barely stand any of it, its extremely crap and generic, and very very gay.

welkin97 said:
I can't begin to explain how much I despise the new wave of American metalcore. It's like these faggots just discovered At the Gates yesterday and then proceed to insert generic, wanna-be Gothenburg riffs amidst the typical mediocre hardcore fodder. All these bands sound the same and what's worse is all the little mall-dwellers eat that shit up.

Win. Of course, there's always Arghoslent and Arsis and those bands to help us get through it. Two sides to every coin, I guess.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
I hope you don't also mean that the old school scene sucked too, because I'm going to laugh at you.

I was about to say....

Hatebreed is a fucking "toughguy" groovemonkey, don't try to reason with him.

V.V.V.V.V. said:
Win. Of course, there's always Arghoslent and Arsis and those bands to help us get through it. Two sides to every coin, I guess.

Yeah, those two bands are among the best of American melodic extreme metal. I'd also like to mention Vehemence of my hometown Phoenix, AZ. :headbang:

welkin97 said:

My thoughts exactly. I don't even consider this "metal"core to be metal. Let the hardcore people have it.