Is it just me ?

welkin97 said:
Yeah, those two bands are among the best of American melodic extreme metal. I'd also like to mention Vehemence of my hometown Phoenix, AZ. :headbang:

Yeah, Vehemence is quality stuff.

I think in any genre 90% of the material is crap. With American Metal its a bit closer to 99%, but thankfully there is still that 1%. If you can find it.

$profit$ said:
Yeah, Vehemence is quality stuff.

I think in any genre 90% of the material is crap. With American Metal its a bit closer to 99%, but thankfully there is still that 1%. If you can find it.

I dont knwo if its that bad, but i would say their is more bad than good.

It's not a "New Wave Of American Heavy Metal." It's just the latest fad. Last year it was nu-metal. This year it's metalcore. Soon it will be something else. With each fad there's of course the already established bands that jump on the bandwagon for a bit of commercial success. It just makes my appreciation for bands that are still true to the music and never dissappoint greater. (look at my now playing)

I don't know whether or not you guys consider Lamb of God "metalcore" or "NWOAHM", but I reckon they're easily one of the best newer popular American metal bands around...

The only band out of this whole "new wave" thing that I think is decent is Himsa. Actually the only metalcore band that I really like is the Dillinger Escape Plan and they're very,very far removed from the ATG wannabes. I think Calculating Infinity is a really important album in the underground.

Mr.Toby said:
I don't know whether or not you guys consider Lamb of God "metalcore" or "NWOAHM", but I reckon they're easily one of the best newer popular American metal bands around...

No, i really dont consider them metalcore shit like all those other bands. I like them a lot, but i know a few guys on these forums think they are rap. but i guess its all about musical taste.

.Scissors. said:
I consider Lamb of God more of a death/thrash band.
Are you sure you have actually listened to Lamb Of God? :err:

Lamb Of God are, or were atleast a groove/metalcore band. Not sure about now as I havn't listened to their latest album, though if it's anything like As The Palaces Burn I really hope they stop making music.

I guess these NWOAHM bands are bands like Lamb Of God, Shadows Fall, God Forbid, or Killswitch Engage. I like some of their music and it's getting all this hype but it's all weak in comparison to some other metal bands that came out.

~Nailbomb~ said:
Are you sure you have actually listened to Lamb Of God? :err:

Lamb Of God are, or were atleast a groove/metalcore band. Not sure about now as I havn't listened to their latest album, though if it's anything like As The Palaces Burn I really hope they stop making music.
Can someone please define groove for me? All the bands I've heard that are groove I thought were thrash.

.Scissors. said:
Can someone please define groove for me? All the bands I've heard that are groove I thought were thrash.

Mid-era Pantera, Pro-pain, Disarray, Hatebreed, etc.

Listen to Sacrifice - Forward to Termination. Then listen to Lamb of God. Not Thrash.

Lamb of God = cookie cutter trash
Shadows Fall = slightly less cookie cutter but still trash
Hatebreed = Is this a joke?
Killswitch = Quite possibly the lamest band ever. Slipknot (shit) meets Staind (more shit)

Life Sucks said:
Shadows Fall is not thrash at all. Lamb Of God isn't thrash either, though they do have some thrasy elements in their metalcore sound.
He said "trash", which I agree with him on.

Thrash no, trash yes.