Is it just me ?

Hmm.. I like a bunch of american bands, but Vehemence sure isn't one of them!

I like:
- The Lord Weird Slough Feg
- Weakling
- Agalloch
- Manetheren
- Horn of Valere
- Absu
- Arghoslent
- Exhumed
- Leviathan

Ones I think are just ok or good but not my style:
- Xasthur
- Rwake (need more time)
- Hammers of Misfortune (probably need more time)

P.S. I know this is supposed to be a metalcore thread, but people seem to think that 99% of ALL american metal is shit. Can't blame em, I used to think so, but now I really just think it's like any other country. There are a hell of a lot of

Arrakis said:
i hate that punching in the air crap that the harcore/metalcore kids do. that shit's gotta go.

Haha, I went to a show a friend of a friend was playing in and there were a couple piece of shit bands whose lead singers kept doing some class-A mid-air kicks... that wasn't as funny as the emo band the theater accidentally booked for the show, though.

Modern popular American metal fucking blows. Killswitch Engage is possibly my least favorite band ever, even moreso than Opeth etc.

There are good underground-ish bands like Slough Feg, Tyrannis, Skelator, Osmium, Imagika, more I'm too lazy to list. But the "scene" is infected by metalcore and thus eats balls. And not in the good Thrashiq kinda way, but in the bad way.

Arrakis: yeah, it's gay, but it's funny, so I don't really care

~Nailbomb~: I've heard Ashes of The Wake (their new album) and I reckon it's a whole lot better than As The Palaces, but that was still good dude!

Thraxz: You're gay

I'm sure there's good American metal all around. The Chasm(even if they're from Mexico they're kinda based in America), Neuraxis, Serpens Aeon, Vital Remains, Isis, Pelican, Immolation, Suffocation, amongst other bands that don't need to be mentioned such as the Bay Area Thrash bands. Anyone who says US metal is shit hasn't heard enough metal.

I just think of Lamb of God as an actually good metalcore band. I like them, but its because i feel that they are more unique than the other metalcore american bands ot their.

Every country has its good and bad music. Unfortunately the US is swinging through the shameful fad of metalcore as of now. It will pass, but probably onto an even more embarrassing craze...so embarrassing I don't know what it is yet...

Christie_fell said:
Every country has its good and bad music. Unfortunately the US is swinging through the shameful fad of metalcore as of now. It will pass, but probably onto an even more embarrassing craze...so embarrassing I don't know what it is yet...

The next embarrassing craze will probably be a mix of Indie Rock and Black Metal, coupled with choreography and back-up dancers who will look like the love children of Betty Page and Britney Spears. Undoubtly it'll sound like crap, but at least it'll more entertaining to watch than these metalcore invisible robot fighting moshers.