Is Novembers Doom the BEST band no one's heard of?

Sonata Arctica is almost the standard band people think of when they think "Power Metal". Uplifting, very melodic and keyboard-dominated power metal (though their lyrics generally aren't D&D inspired and they've got lots of mid-tempo and slow songs).

Sonata Arctica is Power Metal. I happen to like Tony K's voice.

They've done some awesome covers of great songs. Fade to Black, Wind Beneath My Wings (My favorite cover actually), etc..

Sonata Arctica is Power Metal. I happen to like Tony K's voice.

They've done some awesome covers of great songs. Fade to Black, Wind Beneath My Wings (My favorite cover actually), etc..

as in "Did you ever know that you are my hero"? Ha ha ha ha! that song is refferenced every day at work lol. whenever one of us bricklayers trys to go fast, one of us sings that line, and it becomes the song stuck in everyones head all day! LOL.

That is indeed a great song with massive emotional power though.
They played that at my 14 year old cousins funeral and when it came on we all started crying.

Sarcasm noted, I've never heard Sonata Arctica. Are they a band I should check out?

I don't mean to let my dislike for power metal to show here but if you want to retain an ounce of manhood avoid them :)

Sonata Arctica - Last Drop Falls said:
The moment I will step aside, you´re ready for another ride
Walking in the cool night air without underwear

Haha, hasn't this thread been on this sort of topic the entire time?

On a side note:

Salient, are you still depressed?