Is opeth your favorite band????

They are #1 for me.

Opeth
Porcupine Tree
In Flames(yes i know, the new shit sucks)
Agalloch
Jethro Tull
Mastodon (prepare to get flamed)
Tool (10,000 Days was bad IMO)

Yeah...Opeth is, and has been, my favorite for the past few years now. They have enough of a discography and variety to keep me interested, a live show that is always entertaining, and even some sentimental value. Of course nothing is set in stone, but I can't see them out of my top ten favorite list any time soon, let alone number one.

I really don't have a favourite band anymore - i got over that a few years back. If you'd have asked me a while back then, yes Opeth would've been my favourite band. But nowadays i like so many bands equally. Why have 1 favourite when you can have a musical orgy?!
I can't even choose a list of my top 10 favourite bands because there's so many that i love equally. All i can say is that i assume Opeth would be in there somewhere!

There any Ozric Tentacles fans on here?

You're a man after my own heart! Opeth and the Ozrics are probably my two favourite bands as well - at least in the modern era. And as you can see my user name, Curious Corn is probably my fave Ozrics album, followed by Waterfall Cities and Hidden Step - obviously, I think this was their peak period! I'm not so sure of their latest two, though. What do you think of them? Shame to see Jumping Jon leave.

But yes, I would agree that, as far as artistry, musicianship and sheer class are concerned, the Ozrics are every bit as good as Opeth.

Lets see...favorite all time bands...Here is the countdown:
5. Britney Spears
4. West Life
3. Christina Agulera
2. Boy Zone
1. Aqua
Brilliant, init? (lol).

Opeth definitly is one of my favorite, i'm not a big fan of thir new stuff, but, fuckin hell man, can't stop listening to their old albums. To be honest, its been 6 years since i bought the Orchid and Morningrise, i still listen to them. Still Life is my favorite Opeth ablum. Here are the rest:
- Death. (Chuch Schuldiner).
- Morbid Angel.
- Possessed.
- Venom.
- Six Feet Under.
- Deicide.
- Isis.
- Porcupine Tree. (+ side projects like Blackfield, No-Man, etc).
- Zarathustra.
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

You actual list isnt much better than your fake list minus a few bands

Opeth used to be undoubtedly my favourite band. I'd say now it's probably Katatonia followed by Tool with a bit of Sigur Ros, Epica, Diabolical Masquerade and other random stuff thrown in. Tends to change like the weather, but Katatonia has been holding quite strong for a good while.

Even if there may be a few bands that I currently listen to more often than Opeth, I'm pretty sure Opeth will always maintain the position of favorite band.

They were my favorite band for about 5 years, so that's pretty darn good. They are still one of my favorites, though i haven't listened to them that much in the last couple years.

I don't even know what my favorite band would be... i like different bands for different reasons, and there isn't one that i could immediately say was my favorite. No band does all the things i like about music.

They were my favorite band for about 5 years, so that's pretty darn good. They are still one of my favorites, though i haven't listened to them that much in the last couple years.

I don't even know what my favorite band would be... i like different bands for different reasons, and there isn't one that i could immediately say was my favorite. No band does all the things i like about music.

period

No it's not my favorite, but i do enjoy listening to Opeth every now and then. Favorite is...idk probably something kvlt like...Von, LLN or God Macabre.

1. Opeth. There is no need for an explanation really, rather than the fact that they have consumed hours upon hours of my life with their music for years now.
2. Motorhead
3. Megadeth
4. Rage Against the Machine
5. Mudvayne(I don't give a shits what you think about'em).

Simple as that.

Lets see...favorite all time bands...Here is the countdown:
5. Britney Spears
4. West Life
3. Christina Agulera
2. Boy Zone
1. Aqua
Brilliant, init? (lol).

Opeth definitly is one of my favorite, i'm not a big fan of thir new stuff, but, fuckin hell man, can't stop listening to their old albums. To be honest, its been 6 years since i bought the Orchid and Morningrise, i still listen to them. Still Life is my favorite Opeth ablum. Here are the rest:
- Death. (Chuch Schuldiner).
- Morbid Angel.
- Possessed.
- Venom.
- Six Feet Under.
- Deicide.
- Isis.
- Porcupine Tree. (+ side projects like Blackfield, No-Man, etc).
- Zarathustra.
:kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

AQUA ARE KULT!

You're a man after my own heart! Opeth and the Ozrics are probably my two favourite bands as well - at least in the modern era. And as you can see my user name, Curious Corn is probably my fave Ozrics album, followed by Waterfall Cities and Hidden Step - obviously, I think this was their peak period! I'm not so sure of their latest two, though. What do you think of them? Shame to see Jumping Jon leave.

But yes, I would agree that, as far as artistry, musicianship and sheer class are concerned, the Ozrics are every bit as good as Opeth.

I like the more idian esk theme, that doesnt come across in the lastest two, but they are still cool.

Probabaly at the moment Opeth are my favorite band, but Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Metallica, Megadeth and Porcupine Tree are right up there.