Is ReCabinet Worth It?

Jun 14, 2009
Alright, so here's the dealio.
My rig is a Jackson DKMG with an active EMG into an ENGL E530 into a Tascam US-1800.
I'm using impulses at the moment, obviously; however, I've heard that ReCabinet is better than LeCab or KeFir.
Does anyone have good experiences with it?

Chad N.

I've found from personal experience that each IR loader imparts subtle tonal differences. That said, ReCabinet has that "Dynamic" feature which really helps their sims "pop." Son in answer to your question, "is it worth it," my answer would be yes, definitely.

Shane, will the dynamics control work with third party impulses, or is that going to only be available with the IR's supplied? Cheers

the newest version of recabinet is by far my favorite impulse collection although I never use impulses anymore. Get it if you don't have a real amp setup

My experience with recabinet is that there is less bullshit and more useful stuff than the impulse loaders I used previously b/c it's purpose built. I've never really needed anything beyond what's included and I like that it's plug and play but it looks like Shane is increasing the flexibility now anyway.

My experience with recabinet is that there is less bullshit and more useful stuff than the impulse loaders I used previously b/c it's purpose built. I've never really needed anything beyond what's included and I like that it's plug and play but it looks like Shane is increasing the flexibility now anyway.

Thanks for the kind words! IR import in Recabinet 3.5 makes sense on a couple of levels. Firstly, it's been a very popular request for a long time, and secondly, it expands Recabinet infinitely - which is great because my focus is primarily on other projects right now (PluginUpdate, as well as some upcoming Kazrog plugins.) When I do finally get back in the studio to shoot some new official Recabinet IRs, I want to make sure my focus is 100% on that and that the process is not rushed - I especially want to put focus into rare, vintage and botique gear.

Some of you on this forum (as of late) have been putting out some killer IRs as well, and I personally can't wait to try them out in Recabinet 3.5 with speaker dynamics, blending, and EQ. Oh yeah - and 3.5 also adds internal panning of the two channels, so you can finally do some cool stereo spread sounds to add depth to a single track of guitars.

I agree with the statement that, HELL yes its worth it. Especially for the price.

It's a good resource to have even if its not your go to IR solution.

Totally cant wait for 3.5. That's going to be a game changer.

The difference between dynamics and no dynamics in the above demo is subtle but definitely there. I'll be buying this for sure with external IR support. Awesome work Kazrog.