Is there any metal band that you absolutely hate?

Tough question for me - If I only like one song from a band, and hate the rest, do I hate the band?

I would probably say Cannibal Corpse, because that "genre" of metal that so exclamates the death vocals and forgets everything else just turns me off.

Manowar are an interesting case.

I really dislike them..

but I can't get over how funny the motorcycle/guitar solo is in "Return of the Warlord" (I think that's it). "If you like metal, then you're my friend!" - and "we're here to kick some goddamn ass!" :lol:

and my band used to cover "Brothers of Metal".. I still get that chorus stuck in my head now and then. "grinding their bones into the dust of the past.. all blown away, like a shot from a gun" - snare hit.. and we would crack up every time. Damn. You're all making me miss this shit.

But Manowar are pretty much a joke..

and I can't get into "WWF Macho-Posing" like Cannibal Corpse's singer. He has a big neck. Big thick neck.

Originally posted by Hearse
I really wonder do grindgore bands even have lyrics!?!?!?!
or do they just "sing" (wrong word for that vomiting) ÖRR ÖRR!?!?
Lyrics aren't needed if voice is used as an instrument. Try listening Fantomas and you'll understand.... :)

then I dislike all powermetal, but I don't hate them, I more like find them hilarious and very silly. That is mostly so cause the singer has too tight underwears, and the LYRICS for god's sake! I usually don't lyrics, but when you listen about power metal... ARGHHH!!!:lol:
I'm with you!
"Rainbow in the sky, I'm flying so high" :lol:

Nevermore. I hate most of their rhytmn, I can't stand their vocalist sometimes, and they sound fuckin' mallcore-ish (I'm surprised all the mallcore kids haven't gone apeshit over them yet!). I do like some of their songs, for example Poison God Machines. I'd probably like their older stuff, but after owning DHIADW I don't want to hear anymore of their SHIT! Today I saw the Believe In Nothing single. I almost picked it up only coz it said 'limited to 1500' (which I doubt it is; a lot more copies were probably made), but I eventually came to my senses and just threw it back on the shelve.

I can't nail down a single band that I hate. I really tire of bands that have no sense of originality. The metal scene is dominated by droves of copy cats. Senseless gore/grind/death metal bands and power metal bands that rehash the same crap over and over are ALL too common. At the top of my "dislike" list, though, are the black metal bands that take themselves far too seriously.

As far as this so-called "Nu-metal," I think it will go away with time, like most trends. Trends just don't have longevity. In 10 years, no one will remember Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. In the end, these bands aren't even worth hating, in my opinion.

I like System of a Down. I'm not sure if they're considered "nu-metal" or not, but if they are, pluck them out, then throw all the rest of that genre right in the crapper, I can do without it all. Fred Durst is a disgrace to music. Actually, he can't be, because what he does can't be considered music.

Was never a fan of power metal. Something about the cheesy, upbeat riffs and the screechy, reverberating, operatic falsetto vocals never ceased to give me the urge to scrape my fingernails on a chalkboard with the hope of drowning them out with a less annoying noise.

Most of the harsh, brutal, old-school death metal, especially the stuff out of Florida (Cannibal Corpse, etc.) never even remotely appealed to me. Similarly, any of the poorly-produced, one-dimensional earlier black metal I never liked either.

I'm not sure I'd attach the word "hate" to any of the above, but distaste certainly is present. I guess anything that's 100% rooted in a single genre isn't usually inventive enough to hold my attention for long.

Most of the harsh, brutal, old-school death metal, especially the stuff out of Florida (Cannibal Corpse, etc.) never even remotely appealed to me.

I agree with you completely, but on the subject of Florida, have you ever listened to Bloodlet. They are a now-defunct (although I've heard rumors they are back together) hardcore/evilcore band out of florida...I've disliked all Florida metal, except for these guys...

Blind Guardian was my favourite band before I got attracted to extreme metal. But I still love their music. BTW, does anyone know what they have been doing for the last 3 years? I think they got so much money from Nightfall In Middle- Earth that they forgot to create some more music! :)

Originally posted by Lina This will probably piss off lots of you, but I just really hate Katatonia. :rolleyes: I probably wouldn't hate them so much if everyone didn't mention them in the same breath as Opeth all the time just because they're friends...
No way! I wouldn't get pissed at anyone who didn't love a band that I did. That's the cool thing about MOST metalheads I've met. They understand the meaning of an opinion. That drives me crazy too when you can't really say that you don't like this or that band because everyone that's a true metalhead should. Yeah, as a fan of Katatonia, they are mentioned quite a bit along with Opeth. I mean, I'll give ya one guess how I discovered them. ;) But, that's not the only reason and that's what matters to me. I like the repetitive sound! lol I'm sorry I can’t really explain why. I like the feel of it. I've always said that about Katatonia. What they play sounds SO easy.

But, to get to the subject of conversation. I'd say I don’t like kiddy rock shit like Korn, Slipknot, Kittie, Limps-O-Lot, God Forbid, Soulfly shit, Linkon Park or however you spell it. Then I'd jump into the other stuff that others swear by like: OZZY (pulls out shield from behind), Cryptopsy (drinks invisible serum), and that damn Opera IV. I've heard people say <GASP!> "You don’t like Opera IV?!" But, I didn’t hear that much, and I found out just today as a matter of fact, that what I heard was considered laughable by fans of it. I don’t know...what I heard SUCKED!! So, now I have something to check out.

Lynn

Kittie kicks ass.

But I don't like many of the grind/brutal bands today.

CC and 6FU sucks what Kittie kicks ;)

I can't stand ALL nu-metal. I dislike most grindcore, brutal old-school death metal (shit like Deicide and anything else with incomprehensible guitars over a backdrop of the fastest blast-beats possible), and some black metal (the kind with production that sounds like it was recorded by a cheap tape recorder straight out of the air).

I actually like most power metal, as long as it doesn't get too cheesy. I'm pretty bad with genres, but I've heard people call Iron Maiden and Iced Earth power metal and these are two of my favorite bands. Although not at the top of my list, some Stratovarius, Helloween, Gamma Ray, etc. is pretty decent.

As far as Katatonia goes, I really like them and respect their work yet I can understand a lot of the previous viewpoints mentioned. I've never agreed with how they're always associated with Opeth. There are some similarities but overall, to me, they are basically two different unique styles of metal. I enjoy listening to them up to a point. The emotion in Katatonia seems fairly one-dimensional, unlike Opeth, and after awhile it becomes somewhat boring.

www.mp3.com/soulforlorn

Originally posted by Demonspell
Besides the seven-string guitars (which are used properly and tastefully), I fail to see the slightest evidence of nu-metal in Nevermore's music...

He's talking about the sqeeks and the chunky syncopated riffs. I kinda see where is coming from. I enjoy their music, but the sqeeks and shit do get old.