Is there any metal band that you absolutely hate?

i dont understand everyones hate for grind, death, black, gore metal etc.....you all must have been kids into pop or something then got into bands that have metal elements. sorry if i sound rude it just really surprised me.....By the way its hard for me to actually just really HATE a band but if there was one (i know i should name a metal band but....) it would be Everclear....and i have the same hate for Fred Durst as mentioned earlier. As far as live performances go i hate bands, usually political or vegans or some shit, that preach a long ass time in between songs. thats really annoying. well...ill build up some hate for a metal band and get back with you all
untill then
jay

Mayb cos IN GENRAL (or at least i find) those types of music require less skill to perform and write, and I would have thought the average Opeth fan liked them more because of the quality of the music than image or something like that - therefore they are less likely to enjoy those types of music (????) Just an idea

Cradle of Filth pisses me off. Because they're popular, no. Mostly because of a combination of Dani's high-pitched-cat-in-heat howl, which is terribly grating, and amplified when seen live, and the lack of intricate/hummable melody. Should metal be hummable? I don't know, but I'm hard pressed to find myself ever listening to "Midian" straight through. It's nauseating to the extreme, because they have the musicianship (in my opinion) but they never deliver.

Perhaps Crisis, too. But that was back two years ago when I wasn't quite into the more extreme aspects of metal, and the rhythms felt horribly off-kilter. Perhaps I would dig them more now, though. Anyone care to defend this band, cos I'd really like to feel confident enough to purchase them again sometime.

Originally posted by leadfoot256
By the way its hard for me to actually just really HATE a band but if there was one (i know i should name a metal band but....) it would be Everclear

oh my god, yes. i hate everclear so much. if they write one more freakin song whining about how his father left him, i will go insane. too late.

Amorphis is by far the worst band. Actually, the band might not suck, but the singer is really gay. See them live, then you'll know what i'm talking about.

In Flames-Seen them 3 times, yet I can't recall ever liking a note this band has played.
Children of Bodom-Crap production and too many kids on their forum.
Type o Negative-Overated talentless morons.
Cradle Of Filth-Old Cradle I like, but Cradle has been dead since the Sony deal.
Korn-This band is Korny crap that got worse when they lost the christian.
Godsmack-This band is a pile of shit
Disturbed-I hate the singer and the music
Lamb of God -so sick of this overated Pantera rip off of rednecks
Trivium-The dude may be able to play some thrashy guitar, but his preppy whiny singing voice I can do without.

Cradle of Filth
Dream theater(except for Images and Awake)
Amorphis
Godsmack
Superjoint Ritual(THIS is metalcore utter garbage)
Korn
Burzum(Varg stinks)
Primal Fear
Startovarius
Cradle of Filth
Cannibal Corpse
Disturbed(atrocious, but i like 3 songs iirc :oops:)
Moonspell
DragonForce
Helloween
Nightwish
System of a Down
Mudvayne
Hatebreed(maybe the most retarded macho metalcore ever, cheesy ''positive message'' lyrics and they just plain suck)
Skinlab(AKA Machine Head)
Jag Panzer
Evergrey
new Tiamat
Spineshank
Rammstein
Wicked Wisdom
Savatage
Anaal Nathraaakkkk(gr1m and necr0 bullshit)
Soilent Green
Staind(not exactly metal, but pretty stupid)
Hypocrisy(shit band, i prefer Slipknot)
Ill Nino
Ministry(overrated ''industr1al'' met0l crap, ultra repetitive, horrid vocals...i still have one of their albums:erk:)
:eek:rphaned Land
Mastodon
Manowar
Bullet 4 mah Valentine
~*~Atreyuuu~*~
Therion

Soilent Green owns.

I strongly dislike most bands that try to mix metal with classical music. that kind of stuff just doesn't work(imo), yet some people don't seem to notice.

Nu metal and slayer. And a lot of death metal bands, actually. I love dm, but for me it's all in the vocals, without good dm vocals the rest of the band is shit. Most new dm bands just don't cut it.

As far as this so-called "Nu-metal," I think it will go away with time, like most trends. Trends just don't have longevity. In 10 years, no one will remember Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. In the end, these bands aren't even worth hating, in my opinion.
listen to this guy.