Is Worship Music the BEST Anthrax record of all time?

Is Worship Music the BEST Anthrax album of all time?

• NO

Votes: 36 72.0%
  • YES

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • EDDIE TRUNK IS A TOTAL MORON WHEN IT COMES TO METAL MUSIC.

Votes: 8 16.0%

• Total voters
Trying to be heavy just for sake of it is stupid,I want to listen to kickass songs and anthrax have delivered that to me,in saying that I really ain't much metal at all these days,it's so overun with crap these days,I want something new new.

I don't blame you. Yes the 'modern' metal scene is pretty lame. That is why I stick with the new Machine Head, Testament, etc.

I like most of WM, though some of the Choruses get boring and sound too commercialized. The production is almost too 'perfect' sounding that it lacks the crunch and thick guitar tones. But we'll see if it stands the test of time!

I voted for the first option but I like the 3rd one the most.

:lol: yeah. the guy knows a lot about 70's and 80's hard rock. Kiss, UFO, and stuff like that. He really is one of those guys who hates anything that pushes any limits or is 'too heavy'. He likes Spreading The Disease because he loves Joey's melodic 80's sounding voice. He really doesn't know shit about Thrash Metal music. He says bands like Winger are amazing etc.

On his last show he had to tell the audience that even though his show is called "That Metal Show" it's really more about 'hard rock' and he went on to say how he hated death metal and thinks it's not even a valid form of music etc.

Those other two dbags on stage with him also are clueless about real metal music. Slipknot and Five Finger Death Punch are what they think is extreme metal.

But the show is entertaining none the less.

no way is it better than POT, Among The Living, or STD. It's definitely better than the past 3 Bushthrax albums. But no way is it better than those 3 Joey era albums imo

i played the hell outta all the joey albums back in the day,thats probably why im not inclined to these days,std,atl,soe and pot are all classics.

The new album is great but not the best. And those who expects that Anthrax will ever record Among the Living pt. II, they should dig a deep hole and bury these unavailing thoughts inside – I think the band has made it obvious for 20 years what music direction they want to take - it's not definitely thrash metal. In my opinion, the music style that appears on Worship Music offers more musical ideas and it's more juicy than a full thrash album.

Not the best by a long-shot but a hell of a lot better than any album since PoT. Including SoWN (though SoWN is fairly close.). It is a solid album and one I enjoy quite a bit but still not near my favorite.

I'm going to rank the Anthrax records in my order as I feel now.....just cause I'm bored......

1. Among the Living
2. Persistence of Time
3. SOWN
4. Spreading the Disease
5. Worship Music
6. WCFYA
7. State of Euphoria
8. Fistful of Metal
9. S442
10. V8

That would be about it. And I love S442 and V8 for the record, but imho they are the 2 weakest Anthrax albums throught their 30 year career.

WM is definately not the best....nowhere near it. But it is an absolutely killer metal record and is everything I'd hope for from Anthrax in 2011.

Way too early to even begin comparing in some respects.

I've had the chance to listen to the likes of POT, ATL and SOWN in some cases for nearly 20 years and that's how I can tell if they are classic and so forth.

So perhaps ask me this again in a few years time.

For now the album favours very well compared to those classics. IMO it's a very good album. It's got the modern Anthrax sound and it's everything I wished it would be. That for now will do me.

It's fresh. But time will tell if I still want to jam the shit out of it 6 months let alone 6 years.

listened to WM & 'Among' the other day, WM can't touch their classic stuff but is 10 x better than the fart-collections they released with John Bush:lol:.

WM is like when Maiden released 'Brave New World' and Metallica released 'Death Magnetic', the best album Anthrax has done in ages but not their best

brave new world is maidens best album just ahead of piece of mind, worship music? dont think so, not better than std atl pot or sown

I really liked the first Belladonna solo album back when it came out. Haven't listened to it for ages though. Spells Of Fear was crap and the third one even worse.

That brings me to the question whether Joey involved in the songwriting on WM. Strictly speaking, whether they let him to involve...

Well the record was already written...
I know but all songs was originally written for Nelson. I'm sure the band did some changes in vocal lines because of Joey and maybe in other instrumental lines. I just wonder if Joey said: "Hey, guys, I would do this line in this or that way, what do you think?" etc.

I like Eddie, but he is a major major ass kisser. He plays off he's a thrash metal fan but it's BS. His favorite metal is Hair Metal bands.

Don Jamieson just seems like a poser, lol. He's kinda cool but not. He's just very weird and acts kinda phoney in front of the camera.

Im a big fan of Jim Florentine, but regarding Metal and Music opinions Jim and Don are not guys to look to discussing Metal. All they say is Ozzy/Black Sabbath and Lemmy is God.

I think Worship Music is by far the worst Anthrax ever released. I like every Bush CD and find them far better then WM